KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try that veggie soup.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-and-quinoa-meatloaf/detail.aspx

We had a Hormel meatloaf the other night and my hubby was like "it was okay but it's not Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf"!!!! My kids eat it up....I leave the hot sauce out and sometimes I just put ketchup on top instead of the brown sugar topping.

I also put this into a 12 cup muffin tin and cook on 350 for like 30 minutes. Takes a lot less time and the calories are under 100 for each "muffin" so portion control is easier....and the kids love having their own meatloaf muffin!!!

I also cook Quinoa in the rice cooker....1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water and turn it on.....Yummy!!!
  • BC47460
    Options
    Really like it! I have a co-worker that has some good recipes to share later. To me, it's like bulger wheat? Not sure how it tastes since it's usually mixed with something yummy. I find it on our salad bar alot,... So good for you! :wink:
  • fromsommrobin
    fromsommrobin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made this just last night. I love quinoa !!
    1.5 cups quinoa
    3 cups chicken broth
    half small package presliced mushrooms
    half leek - chopped
    handfull fresh peas

I saute the mushrooms and the leeks first in a pan with a light wipe of olive oil just to brown the mushrooms and get the leeks a bit transparent. The smell is awesome by the way.
    I cook the peas in the microwave for 3 minutes so they are soft but still nicely green.

Toss the quinoa and veggies into a saucepan with the broth, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and cover for 15 to 20 minutes. You can add salt/pepper/ginger/ red peppers/etc. You get the idea. It was good last night and will be even better as leftovers tonight.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You know what, I just threw together a random recipe the other day and it came out good (to me anyway). I always keep some cooked quinoa around now just in case I need to make it.

1 cup quinoa
    1/4 can tuna
    and a little bit of basil pesto to taste
    squeeze a little lemon to taste as well

Of course the portion sizes can vary..it's basically all to taste and how much calories you want. :)

I've even thrown this on top of some mixed greens and it was really yummy too.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stefnicole
    Options
    bump!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Quinoa & black beans, broth, corn, cilantro - this is an excellent recipe! Always Rinse Quinoa before cooking (to remove saponin).

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/detail.aspx
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these recipes :happy:
  • Hegelian
    Options
    Go to www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk you will find some. Interestingly all my best quinoa recipes are in my U.S cook books (I live in the UK) here are the titles:

Mousewood Low Fat cookbook
    Grains by Miriam Rubin
    Breakfast in the Sunlight Cafe by Mollie Katzen

Also www.food.com has 788 quinoa recipes.

Enjoy!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I cook up a chicken breast and toss it in the pan with a bag of stir fry vegetables and add some cooked quinoa! yummy!

That's what I just ate for lunch. Except sub turkey for the chicken. :)
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    There a some on this website

http://pinterest.com/search/?q=quinoa

Some really good ones!
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    not sure if the Quinoa burger was mentioned yet. Just made it today, with a little tzatziki on top AMAZING

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/love-my-quinoa-burger/
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've never used it myself, and in fact just heard of it for the first time while watching Chopped on Food Network the other day. Now this is twice in one week.... must be a sign lol. You can go to their website and find recipes. Let us know!

I know it's off the subject but I love that show (Chopped).