What your favorite smoothie recipe?!

Options

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    bump... I need smoothie ideas!! Thanks everyone!
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1 c frozen fruit (keep it frozen so you don't have to use ice)
    1 6 oz container yogurt
    1/2 c orange juice

delicious and the one i made last night (frozen strawberries and vanilla yogurt) only had 205 calories
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is from the Flat Belly Diet. It's around 400 calories:

Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie

1/2 cup skim or soy milk
    6 oz. nonfat or lowfat vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1 cup frozen raspberries

Blend in a blender for 1 minute.
  • Clare_F
    Clare_F Posts: 76
    Options
    fat free natural yoghurt, pear and blueberries :)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    For a low cal dessert you can do 8 strawberries 20 oz sprite zero, ice and truvia. blend = pretty yummy!
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good.
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, truvia, spinach, cocoa powder, ice, peppermint extract= mint chocolate chip shake! Guilt free :D

That sounds really good.
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1 banana, 1 T peanut butter, 1/2 c plain yogurt, 3/4 c skim milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, ice
    This is a great meal replacement. Chocolate milk mix (i.e. Ovaltine) can replace the protein powder for less calories.
  • Brandy4112
    Options
    My husband and i just bought the Ninja Blender for Christmas and started making fruit smoothies for breakfast and vegetable smoothies for lunch. Thank you so much for all the other great smoothie ideas!
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My favorite is ice, almond milk, peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal. I love this and wish I could make it now! I need have to get some oatmeal and almond milk pronto! The oatmeal I used is irish McCann's oatmeal. Its he healthiest I have found.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies daily! My favorite base is almond milk and protein powder. Then I add fruits or spinach, even oats and peanut butter.

Here's one that I sorta happened upon. It tastes like a no bake cookie!

3/4c almond milk - Vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder - 100% Pure Protein Whey
    1/4c old fashioned oats - Quaker
    1 to 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter - Jif
    splash of sugar free vanilla syrup - Torani
    lots of ice

YUM! it's higher in calories, but packed with protein. You could add a banana, or omit the peanut butter or even the oats. Have fun!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Milk of choice (I use soy or almond), canned pure pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 1/2 a frozen banana and 2 big handfuls of spinach (can't taste it don't worry and it makes it a beautiful green color!) This tastes like Pumpkin Pie!

YUM. I have yet to try pumpkin in my smoothies, but I'm going to start!
  • Fransweeney
    Options
    i have one of those magic bullet things so i'm just experimenting with the smoothies myself. however i made one that was delicious and filling the other day. dannon light n fit vanilla yogurt, fresh banana, peanut butter, crushed ice. i made it for a snack but it carried me through lunch and wasn't hungry until afternoon snack!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    8 ounces unsweetened almond milk , water or combo
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use market pantry)
    1 packet orange sunrise crystal light

Tastes like orange sherbert!

4 ounces sugar free chai tea (Oregon Chai or another that's pre-made in the box without sugar)
    4 ounces unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Yummy iced chai tea latte!

8 ounces unsweetened almond milk , water or combo
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    2 TBS PB2

Choco-PB yumminess!
  • ElisetheQ
    ElisetheQ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My fav recipe:

1 cup V8 Fusion (Concord grape is my favorite kind, also a good serving of veggies in there!)
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt (Excellent source of protein and tastier than protein powder, imo)
    1/2 frozen fruit (Mixed berry medley is usually what I use)
    1/2 ice

Blend together and voila!
    Sometimes I'll also put a packet of Carnation instant breakfast mix; ups the calories buts adds even more protein and nutrients - especially good if I don't have time for a sit-down breakfast.
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    tip...for those with the yogurt....you can freeze a portion of it...and use as a snack as froyo! :)
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    All of these sound really good!
  • sallyhelena
    sallyhelena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to combine Bananas, Frozen Berries, Skim Milk, and some natural low-fat yoghurt.
    Sometimes when I'm low on time for breakfast, I'll sometimes add wheatgerm and oats to give it substance and to fill me up.

This recipe is also great for when you need to add oils: like LSA and Omega 3 and 6's (I use these to help my eczema). It's great because you can add these horrible tasting oils by themselves to this smoothie and when all combined you can't taste them at all!

Hope this helps.
  • dollienj
    Options
    Milk of choice (I use soy or almond), canned pure pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 1/2 a frozen banana and 2 big handfuls of spinach (can't taste it don't worry and it makes it a beautiful green color!) This tastes like Pumpkin Pie!

This sounds great. Do you have the measurements for the milk & pumpkin, as well as the number of servings? I only ask because I cook for one, and don't want to make too much if it can't be stored or frozen.