What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• stacyk9
    stacyk9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am simply losing weight for me. I just want to be healthier, happier and able to keep up with my active toddler!!

weight.png
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My health. I want to get my bp down to normal and not have to take meds. I'm almost there.

Also, I wanna be able to run from the zombies when the zombie apocalypse goes down. Although I suppose that really comes down to health too,
  • swainsonj
    Options
    To simply feel better... I don't want to be 'skinny', I want to feel healthy. :smile:
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I choose life over food. If I continued on the path I was on, I wasn't going to see my children grow up and have families of their own. I want to be here to hear them say how difficult it is to parent and say "been there, done that!"
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This is a question I have asked myself from time to time. Sometimes its about being healthy and in great shape and other times I just want to look good and be stared at like a piece of meat. Yeah Im weird like that. Can't help it. I think all of us are like that at one point or another where we do not mind being looked at and someone saying wow!
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    On a superficial note, looking good for myself and sadly for my modelling...losing weight is pretty much a pre-requisite! I already go to a school which holds many skinny shorter girls, which makes me more inclined to watch what I eat etc.

On the other hand, i love the feeling of being light, healthy and in shape; I think its how our bodies are meant to be. So its definitely a mixture!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is only a perk of a healthy lifestyle. I am wanting to be healthy all around :)
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My brother in law is getting married this summer and want to look some what decent in pictures with my family
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For ME!!!

So I can feel comfortable.
    So I can further my career.
    So I can wear "normal" clothes.
    So I can have more confidence.
    So I can attend functions (and not feel horrible about myself).

I have a 15 year reunion in a few months, and I know I won't be at my goal but I will be smaller.
    I want to go to NYC this spring and I don't want to be one of those people that gets moved to another flight cuz I'm too damn big for the seats.
    I want to get the tattoo I've been wanting forever.
    I want to blend in.
    I want to, when being described to someone, not be referred to as the "heavyset" girl.
    I want to get to a size where I am confortable and healthier. This may not be what is on a BMI chart, or what other people consider to be "fit", but it is where I want to be.
    I no longer want my weight to define who I am.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Mine is just life.
    I do not wish to go through life as a fat, unattractive, unhealthy, unlovable slug.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I need to lose weight to feel better, look better and I'm getting married in July!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    The number one reason is for my health, because heart disease runs on both side of my family. I want to have more energy. I want to fit into all the clothes that are still in my closet from when I met my husband (in 2004). There are SO many reasons!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    1. For me to be healthier, more active and in better shape
    2. Be able to shop in regular stores and not Plus Size stores
    3. Be confident in posting pictures to Facebook
    4. Hopefully be back down to at least my High School weight (if not less) before my 20th reunion in 2014
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    For the following reasons:

1. I want to be healthy and hot.
    2. I want to teach my kids how to eat healthy and not be overweight.
    3. I want to be able to go into any store that I want to and know that they have my size.
    4. I don't want to be a diabetic, nor do I want high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
    5. More confidence.

These are just a few. I have many more.
  • Specializedbkh
    Specializedbkh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want a baby! My husband and I have been trying for 5 years now, and before I seek medical help, I want to do EVERYTHING i possibly can before we go that route, and losing weight I believe is the way to go. And i want to have a healthy pregnancy!

Good luck to you! I want to lose weight for the same reason. <3

I hope your dreams of becoming parents is granted soon..

I know the heart ache of having to go through the medical tests, and seeing everyone else having children but my husband and I... So I know what you might be going through..

Keep your head up!! :flowerforyou:
  • ljholmann
    Options
    To go swimsuit shopping wihtout feeling that I am going to have a nervous breakdown in the dressing room. Last time I had to wear a swimsuit, I cried. :cry:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    * to fit into my beautiful size 4 and 6 clothes (i think my size 6 clothes can fit now, but they are a bit snug)

* to feel more confident with my body.. to be able to walk around not wondering if someone is looking @ my fat *kitten* making fun of it

* because every time i gain weight, i begin to have health issues: acid reflux becomes worse, I become lazy and have no energy, I begin to have poor leg blood circulation. One thing I do love is the fact that my skin always looks better when I'm heavier, hmm!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Pain reduction. I honestly believe that if I get rid of the 20 pounds that I am carrying, the aches and pains that I am feeling will be elevated.
  • Outasync
    Options
    Chiefly health reasons, although it would be nice to look a little slimmer. Note, not "better", just "slimmer"

I am treading a fine line, as I don't want to support the media obsession with skinniness, but I do want to look after my own health. My goal weight of 175 lbs will still make me "overweight" according to the magic BMI calculator, but I don't care.
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For Me.
    So I can wear all the cute fashionable clothes and not feel self concious.
    So When I go to the bar with my girlfriends, I get hit on too, and don't just have to play wing woman.
    So I can go to the beach in a bikini, without people thinking I'm a beached whale.
    So someone can be attracted to me physically before getting to know me, and realizing I'm twice as awesome on the inside.
    So that I can make everyone who ever doubted me feel like an idiot.
    So that I can finish what I started, for once.

Yes, yes, yes! I want to be hot enough to be hit on. I don't care how vain that sounds, it's the truth.