What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    First motivation was to fit into my clothes again rather than buy a bigger sized wardrobe. Second reason was to fit into my wedding dress! By wedding time I had become addicted to working out, and now all of my "skinny clothes" fit again and it's just about being healthy and looking fit, for me :-)
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm just doing it for me. I want to be healthy, fit, and happy :)
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is a question I have asked myself from time to time. Sometimes its about being healthy and in great shape and other times I just want to look good and be stared at like a piece of meat.

This...I would love to be stared at like a piece of meat...at least once in a while. Also, to have a skinny face again - no extra chin! To be able to have more choices for clothes. To be able to date more...dating is very superficial and people always judge by your size.

I am also training for my first half-marathon and I want to be stronger and way more in shape.
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    i have a family photoshoot in feb and i dont want to be the fatty :)
    i want to play with my daughter without running out of breath.
    i want to change my eating habits,so i look good for my age
    i want to like having my picture taken again.
    i want to wear my bikini with confidence!
    i want to be slim for my uncles wedding.
    i want to be sexy for my boyfriend because he deserves a sexy girlfriend :p
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    The truth: to be more comfortable and have a better standard of life and health.

The fantasy: I'm preparing to survive a zombie apocalypse by becoming ninja fit.
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I want a baby! My husband and I have been trying for 5 years now, and before I seek medical help, I want to do EVERYTHING i possibly can before we go that route, and losing weight I believe is the way to go. And i want to have a healthy pregnancy!

Good luck to you! I want to lose weight for the same reason. <3

I hope your dreams of becoming parents is granted soon..

I know the heart ache of having to go through the medical tests, and seeing everyone else having children but my husband and I... So I know what you might be going through..

Keep your head up!! :flowerforyou:

Best wishes to you both! My best friend went through a multi-year struggle and is at last having a healthy pregnancy. I certainly understand how you feel and hope your parenthood dreams come true soon!
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a list;

My 2 daughters
    I want to look into full length mirrors again
    I want to feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally
    I graduate in the spring with my BA in Healthcare Management
    I want this to be my way of life
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    To get back to my high school wrestling weight, simply for better confidence.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    The only viable reason here is for your health....anything else should be secondary....pageants, kids, fir into a size 4...whatever.....health.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    To be healthier
    To feel better about myself
    To set a good example for my kids
    To run faster/longer
    To wear smaller clothes
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    The truth: to be more comfortable and have a better standard of life and health.

The fantasy: I'm preparing to survive a zombie apocalypse by becoming ninja fit.

Oohhh good one! Love the Firefly ticker, btw :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I want a before and after picture. I have been heavy so long, that I dont have a post puberty skinny picture and I want one! I want to go out on a date with my wonderful boyfriend and be the hottie that he thinks I am. I want to not feel like all people notice is my spare tire. I want my daughter to see my transformation and know that I am healthy and it is how you should always be. I kinda want my ex-husband to see me and be a little jealous. I want to buy a pair of jeans in the mall that doesnt come from Lane Bryant.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Designer jeans.
  • suzyqs4
    suzyqs4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am decided to lose weight for the below reasons:
    1. I was sick and tired of being overweight
    2. I want to look good in a swim suit when I move to Florida
    3. I want to be healthy and able to walk the beach for as long as I want
    4. I want to avoid having health issues since I don't have any now
    5. I was ready and found the best way was to join MFP
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    Aww wow
    so many motivational reasons!!!! :-)
  • tisha220
    Options
    I would like to lose weight in order to recognize myself in the mirror!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable singing and playing guitar in front of people without worrying about my clothes pulling, bunching or pockets of ugly flab sticking out :(
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I am just trying to be healthier so I can stick around for my kids for a long time. And hopefully lead them, by example, to lead a healthy lifestyle themselves. I was so fat that I never went outdoors with them; that was left to my husband. :( I love playing with them! I missed out on a lot of that...
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    if being thinner makes me happy and more comfortable, then i'd love to have that feeling back again!!
  • uklisaw
    Options
    1. So I live longer
    2. To be able to dress my age
    3. To make my husband proud to have me on his arm
    4. To feel normal and not an outcast on the sidelines of life