Faker?

Options

Replies

• cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The friends I have on my list ROCK, they kick @ss and keep me inline. Not sure who you have on your list but maybe they gave up on you because you gave up on your self already. Nobody like a crybaby.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    at the start my friends and i say things like wtg,well done,good job,but the more you get to know each other the more you're there for each other,give it time add more friends. im still fairly new to this but my friends are great,hope you find some great ones too :)

Got to agree with this. I have great friends, and even when I went to 'explore' another website for a couple of months, they were here when I came back. I find the greatest support on MFP and hope you can, too. We all have to put into this as well, and not just rely on the WTGs, and Good Jobs to keep us motivated. Ultimately, as someone already said, it is up to us, and use the encouragement as an extra, added support.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure who your friends are but I have the most supportive and sincere group of people on my page. I have gotten to know a lot of them on a personal level and we even email each other outside of MFP. I think what you give it what you get. If you give sincere support, you will eventually find those good people who want to give it back.

Give a some time before you write MFP off.
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    Good attitude works, try it.

Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your own success. Coming to a site to make friends is a bit unrealistic, it can happen, but should not be the focus.

First impressions are certainly at play here, just a thought.

@s working out. Everyone likes that. I grow more when I view Food Diaries, try recipes posted, visit websites mentioned, etc. After reading what each person has done to mold and change their bodies thru working out, it not only excites me, but challenges me to break a personal best.

Good luck on your journey. =]

agree with both :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I have the greatest bunch of smartass, supportive friends a girl could ever ask for !!!!!!!! Plus they know if the leave me I will hunt them down !
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Don't use others as an excuse to quit. You are here for YOU and anything else you get from here is a bonus. You get what you put into it and when a person goes in expecting specific things to happen, they are bound to be disappointed. Open up your mind and begin a fabulous journey that will help you succeed. You are the only one to blame if it does not happen.
    You just got your first taste of real support. The boards don't take kindly to the "poor me" attitude. Good luck on your "lifestyle change". It is what you make it.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't know who your friends are, but I have some of the most amazing, geniune, gorgeous, dedicated, supportive, and motivating friends on MFP. Not sure what you expect being a newbie, but I would suggest losing the negative attitude. No one like that. :flowerforyou:

This.

It may take a while to build a support network on MFP...but you have to work on a positive attitude and balance. Those things will also help you get healthy and fit. Also, sometimes people get busy and forget to post or comment...don't take it so personally. I try to let my MFPals know when I will be too busy to comment or be around much, but I can't always do that.
  • CornbreadCountryFed
    Options
    So far I have a great support team! Sorry yours is not so good, but maybe a positive attitude will help you, and it has to start with YOU, not online friends...just sayin'
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes! Birds of a feather need to stick together!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    wow the support dries up real quick on here haha...
    it’s odd, I mean yeah it’s a place of high-fives and wtg’s... but beyond that it seems somewhat superficial... I was hoping I could meet people who actually wanted to get to know each other, support the weight loss and share the sorties... but after the first round of avid enthusiast I can say there is maybe only one person who I can get boo out of...
    should I give my finger a workout and start deleting or stick with it and give it a bit more time?
    Most of the time, you get out of it what you put into it. "It" can be school, a job, a relationship, your MFP Steve Perry, etc.

It takes effort to nurture any relationship, even online ones. Sometimes that effort may seem wasted when the relationship doesn't go the way you want. It is tempting to be disappointed, bitter. I argue that the effort is practice and experience. Not every relationship is going to go your way. Keep making an effort, keep learning. Relationships can require practice.

Resist the temptation of bitterness and self-righteousness. In my experience, neither of those have ever provided anything positive.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

Ahahahaha.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    wow the support dries up real quick on here haha...
    it’s odd, I mean yeah it’s a place of high-fives and wtg’s... but beyond that it seems somewhat superficial... I was hoping I could meet people who actually wanted to get to know each other, support the weight loss and share the sorties... but after the first round of avid enthusiast I can say there is maybe only one person who I can get boo out of...
    should I give my finger a workout and start deleting or stick with it and give it a bit more time?

Errrr ^^^^^ yeah that really makes me wanna **happy wiggle** for you....

Who peed in your cornflakes this morning?
    Shan - I love your **happy wiggles**
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    If you have all newbies for friends thats why. People that have been here a while are more motivated to help because they were helped in their beginning. But watch the attitude some people or most people will not befriend you because of it. Use the site as a tool for nutrition and exercise not as a FB site.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    fake it till ya make it!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    She doesn't want any men freinds.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    Maybe it's you?
    smiley-signs011.gif
    [/quote]

Need to get a better positive attitude towards the site and the people on it.:flowerforyou:

I have found the people and this site very encouraging and helpful.
  • alighanavi
    alighanavi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Find the Friend within you .
  • vxjammiedodgerxv
    vxjammiedodgerxv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that with a site like this, you will get out of it whatever you put into it.

^^This ^^
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    The thing that killed it for me was the messaging system. I connect so much better on Facebook where I can be notified when someone replies to me, or more importantly to a post I make on their wall. Here, when I try and send someone encouragement I don't see when they reply. Honestly, It's also so hard to actually look up your friends here. Someone like me that has a ton can't just go in and pull down a nice list. That page by page thing sucks!

So don't get discouraged. Come join the MFP facebook group and we can connect there :)