What are you losing weight for?

Options

Replies

• PandaofDestruction
    Options
    To feel better about myself and look great for my ten year reunion! :)
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Too feel happy with my own body! First time Ive ever done weight lost for myself!!

First time Ive stuck to it too! (minus Christmas)

Its hard work.... but i actually feel better and I know ill feel on top of the world when i get to my goal weight!!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself.
    To be healthy.
    To be a good role model for my children.
  • SieSie76
    Options
    Honestly, to gain confidence and feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't want to get older and think "I wish I had lost weight then". So I'm doing it now and hopefully when I'm older, I'm living a happier, healthier life.
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    TTC and getting a little too obsessed with it and very down. Need something else to obsess about and know I can become very obsessed about weight loss. I am a healthy weight after losing two and a half stone for my wedding (but put half stone back on) but doesn't hurt to lose the weight I put back on and maybe half a stone more. Also what to eat healthily to feel better. Migraine sufferer so hoping healthy eating might help too. Such a different reason for me from my usual reasons!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are expecting our first child (girl :happy: ) in May and I don't want to be a fat Dad.

Congrats! Best reason and great motivation!
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    To live first.

Also I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy- it scared the hell out of me! It was a very tough last 15 weeks of pregnancy. My husband and I want to try for baby number 3 this summer so I need to be fit which will increase my chances of NOT getting GD again. Plus, I need to get into some of old pre-pregnancy cloths (petty I know- but they're so cute!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was thin all my life without much effort until somewhere shortly after turning 40, then I became more sedentary. Kids were gone, took a more demanding desk job that required a lot of overtime, lazy, and I started to gain weight. But I just don't feel like me when I'm overweight and/or out of shape.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    TTC and getting a little too obsessed with it and very down. Need something else to obsess about and know I can become very obsessed about weight loss. I am a healthy weight after losing two and a half stone for my wedding (but put half stone back on) but doesn't hurt to lose the weight I put back on and maybe half a stone more. Also what to eat healthily to feel better. Migraine sufferer so hoping healthy eating might help too. Such a different reason for me from my usual reasons!

I was there. It took us three years to get pregnant with our first daughter. Hang in there. It will happen. Sounds random but eat more sweet potatoes, it helped with my migraines and TTC.
  • Yes, yes, yes! I want to be hot enough to be hit on. I don't care how vain that sounds, it's the truth.

I dont think thats vain at all, Id like the same, the only things people hit on me atm is bills bills and more bills lol
  • sld_6001
    sld_6001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For a few reasons:
    -- I am Maid of Honour in my best friends wedding (August 11,2012) and want to look awesome in the pictures - also are dresses are supposed to be in this month (ordered in Juy) and I am hoping they need to take it in ALOT - LOL!!
    -- I am going to Hawaii in the spring of 2013 and would LOVE to be able to wear a bikini for the first time in my entire life!
    -- I also signed up for a 10k in august and would like to have a good time considering I have never run a race before. And to prepare for my first half marathon in May 2013!!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My primary goal is to get in good physical shape. I used to be quite athletic and I miss that wonderful feeling that being in shape gives me.
    Weight loss will be a welcome side benefit.

I am 51 (soon to be 52) and heading towards menopause, which for a lot of women means a host of physical problems which can be seriously lessened by physical activity. I seem to be late bloomer on the actual onset of it and am taking advantage of the extra time I've been given to whip myself into shape. Bone loss is a big concern. I am six feet tall so I tend to take my bones very seriously. Also, I need to keep working on core strength, flexibility and balance. One article on the subject was titled -- Exercise Like Your Life Depends Upon It.

It does.

Also, my mother, father, sister and brother all were diagnosed with diabetes in their 40s. I don't care what they say, I don't believe that I am destined to follow them down that path.

I used to act like I was simply staving off the inevitable diagnoses of diabetes and now I truly believe that I am not "destined" to have it as I have always been more active that the rest of my family. I have done everything I can think of to avoid it (I read a lot) and now it's time to get in great physical shape, lose some weight and live a healthy life.

I started at the gym and MFP on Nov. 19. Plan to remeasure on Jan. 19!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    For guys.

Two guys in particular. My beautiful, brilliant son who deserves the best role model he can possibly have and my amazing boyfriend who is deserves to come home from fighting in Afghanistan to the strongest healthiest me I can be.

So, for MY guys.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    to get healthy. i have let my health issues be my excuse. but since going to my new doc everything is in check..the pcos, the IR and the hypothyroid...there is no excuse anymore

the days of eating everything and not gaining are gone. the fact that I know better can sometimes be a hindrance..to enjoying food..but thats ok

i want for my daughters to see what a healthy woman looks like...that its not destiny or family heredity that can shape your body..but that you have full control...

I do feel that I missed out on my 30's cause of the weight issue..but no more!
  • CAC777
    CAC777 Posts: 1
    Options
    As another post stated...I'm losing weight for me and NO ONE else.

I want to look better in my clothes -- and to be able to buy cute close that make me feel more age appropriate than much older than I raelly am.

To reduce [eliminate] heath issues that run in my family [diabetes, high cholesterol, etc]

To reduce my blood pressure - I'm currently in the "border" zone. So - don't officially have HBP - but well on my way to it. If I can just drop 20 lbs I know I can come off the meds

To reduce the strain on my already bad knees.

But most importantly - to just love the way I look, feel more confident, feel sexier and have a LOT more energy!
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I was there. It took us three years to get pregnant with our first daughter. Hang in there. It will happen. Sounds random but eat more sweet potatoes, it helped with my migraines and TTC.

Aw thank you so much. Such a nice reply. Will defo try sweet potatoes. Migraines are menstrual so worried ma be caused by low progesterone levels and therefore may be affecting fertility too. Will try anything. They're miserable :(
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've been like a fighter knocked out cold on the mat for three years. But I'm starting to wake up now. Getting physically back in shape is the equivalent of just standing up on my feet again. I refuse to live my life beat down anymore. Life has more in store for me than a lonely room, a miserable McJob and constant poverty, and step one to making sure of that is being as physically healthy as possible.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    health & abs...
  • milo28
    milo28 Posts: 42
    Options
    1) To boost my confidence which has been super low for way too long
    2) To live up to my full potential instead of hiding behind clothes
    3) To get fit before having a baby
    4) To feel less flabby around my fit husband!!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Vegas in MAY, And a new dress from Bettiepaigeclothing.com WOO!