Sweating at the Gym... Hot or Not?

Options
I joined the gym about a month ago after working out with a trainer for about a year. Sweating in private, not a big deal. But, when at the gym, especially doing intense cardio - I can glisten profusely. So, anyone have thoughts on this being a turn on or off to members of the opposite sex. (Not that they gym is a place to date, just wondering.)

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I wouldn't say sweating is really very attractive. I know when i get all sweaty I get bright red in the face too, no idea why, but I'm guessing its not very attractive. Although I don't think anyone really cares either haha. Everyone's supposed to look gross at the gym, otherwise you're not doing it right. (:
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy staying focused to even care if I'm too sweaty.
  • Luthorcrow
    Options
    Sweating is very sexy. Keep in mind that workout sweat doesn't smell like nervous sweat does.

Also, people that do not generate a good sweat at the gym spend most of their time talking with their trainers and reading people on a machine just look foolish.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hot... as long as you wipe down the benches after :tongue:

Would you rather do a pointless workout and look pretty and unglistny or kick *kitten* and have an amazing body.

But most of all, who cares. It is a gym... people go there to sweat, it is sort of the point. The majority of people are going to be focused on their own thing and won't notice you anyways.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hot.
  • tinyfragileanimals
    Options
    if you're sweating, you're getting a good work out! sweaty people are doing something right
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    must admit i agree i don't care......but

it is embarrassing for me as im literally dripping at the end of a session, i mean wet t shirt contest winner dripping

i apologised to the girl next to me once

AND

my PT said 'i wonder why you sweat so much' albeit in a nice way i still hate that i run hotter than Mavericks afterburners in Top Gun
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally sexy (well, not on me so much - at least not yet). You can tell that person is working hard when they get to sweating. As long as the person doesn't stink up the joint then bring on the sweat!

For myself I feel my sweatstains are a badge of honor showing how hard I've pushed my fat rear in my workout! :laugh:
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan of sweat. My husband's a "sweater" and it freaks me out if his sweaty arm accidentally mine. However, of all public places to sweat, the gym is THE PLACE. Better there than at an office, or something. :smile:
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Pretty hot to me. Yes it is.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel hot, probably because I feel strong, but I'm sure I look gross. I feel so good though after a workout.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ladies don't sweat.. they perspire :wink:
  • Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If your not sweating, your not working hard enough.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If your not sweating, your not working hard enough.

Especially during sex
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    must admit i agree i don't care......but

it is embarrassing for me as im literally dripping at the end of a session, i mean wet t shirt contest winner dripping

i apologised to the girl next to me once

AND

my PT said 'i wonder why you sweat so much' albeit in a nice way i still hate that i run hotter than Mavericks afterburners in Top Gun

I'm the same way - It's one step shy of embarrassing for me. And then, afterwards, I'm like George Costanza "It didnt take". :-)
  • Yaymissmay08
    Options
    I don't think it's strange if you don't sweat at the gym?! I use to be a newbie care what everyone else thinks of me person when I was working out, but now I just don't focus on it too much. Everyone is there for a purpose and honestly if you're not sweating than maybe should work harder! Just saying lol
  • jcallaway05
    Options
    I don't think it really matters whether it's hot or not, like everyone else said, your exercising and should be sweating. And I don't know about anyone else but I know that when im at the gym exercising, I'm seriously not paying attention to whether the people around me are sweating or not because I'm too focused on myself. Chances are, nobody is looking to see how much your sweating anyways and if they find it as a turn off, then they can look at someone else!
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really gross, however, my only purpose for going to the gym is to get into shape.

I get up in the morning, eat breakfast, put on my baseball cap to hide my bird's nest hair and go directly to the gym.

Once I am done my workout I shower and go to work.

I garauntee that there is nothing sexy about how I look or smell during my workout, but that isn't the point.

Greatest feeling in the world!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I am one of those fortunate who don't sweat profusely when exercising. However the drawback is that I have to moisturize a lot or my skin gets really scaly. But it was a great advantage growing up since acne wasn't an issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jcallaway05
    Options
    And how you feel about yourself is WAY more important than other peoples opinions! =)