Baby Fever!

Options
13»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    babies do make me feel ill...I never knew it was called baby fever, though

I usually get more of like, a baby rash, no fever.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BABY FEVER HERE! I'm 23, my husband is 26 and it seems all our friends are popping out babies left and right. We have been ready for about a year, but were waiting to finish off our degrees. I'll be done with my Bachelors in December, so we decided to go ahead and start trying. I would only have a few months left of school (if I got pregnant NOW), so I could handle that. I do go to school full time and work full time, and I dont think I could have done it all with a baby in the mix, but I do know people who do! Anything is possible if you want it bad enough!

My boss is about to pop, my good colleague has just got pregnant, a girl from my college I knew is due any day, and my ex uni housemate is due twins any day now, I feel that everyone is having babies (and not necessarily getting married first).

I've been with my boyfriend for over 6 years but he doesn't even want to get married, so I doubt I'll be having children anytime soon! I have a degree and a full time job, my bf has a mortgage on a house and a good job, but we're not considering children at all. However, I feel a little bit out of the club here!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    We always used infant ibuprofen.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    babies do make me feel ill...I never knew it was called baby fever, though

Its probably because you under cook them...

thread winner!!!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old and a mom to 19 month old boy/girl twins....and I'm EXHAUSTED! You can have my kids!

Wait til they're 3.

I have 3 year old twin boys and a 2 year old girl. I feel for you...
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    We always used infant ibuprofen.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj45ai4OJ3cVoKE5sQrZ3jeJWNljO6dLdoO1wCDKaprWQG13G8
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You do it one day at a time...lots of funny quotes and lots of good advice...I have 2 beautiful boys and I felt I wanted one more and maybe try for a girl and I am 36--I felt my weight needed work and then I will see...either I will feel done or I will have an itch but there will be a gap between my kids lol! For now I am done and very happy with what I have.

You feel you can and your mind is in the zone-go for it!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I felt something like the desire for kids somewhere between the ages of 18-20, luckily it passed and I got over it.

You passed that crap to me now I have 2 aliens that live in my house :)
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My huband and I both have baby fever horribly. He unfortunately is not sure if he can have kids so he is going to get checked out if 6 months down the road we still dont have a little pink plus sign. I understand how frustrating it is to see the negative or start your TOM when you are fully hoping and expecting the little plus sign. :/
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Never had baby fever but they always showed up :0/

I was 17 when I had my first and yes I have and associates and a bachelors degree very difficult but possible. My boys were 4 and 1 when I started college. Now they are 14 and 11 and a 2yr old girl.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have a degree, am studying something entirely different to my degree part-time (whilst working full-time), and am debating studying an MA in the future.

As for babies, I'm a traditionalist and a pragmatist. I'd like to be married and with a stable career (or at least career path easily accessible post-baby). So no babies on the horizon for me. I have PCOS too, so maybe I won't even get given the option.

Instead, I'm getting a dog :D
  • Anliena
    Anliena Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had my son when I was 26 and went back to school at the same time. It was really hard, but I graduated with my bachelors degree 2 1/2 years later (already had my A.A degree) and now have a beautiful baby girl as well. Its doable but I wouldn't have been able to do it without my family and my incredible husband.