Ripped in 30 - January

Options

Replies

• helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've purchased some push up bars to do the plank cardio with due to having my hands flat on the ground really makes my wrists hurt so I shall let u know how I get on tomorrow :) x
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Actually if I recall correctly there is only 2 moves from the plank position in level 3..it's squat jacks which killed me and jumping lunges!
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Level 2. Holy Cow! That sucked! Really struggled with the planks. Did it right for as long as I could, then went to modified version. Considering how out of shape I have gotten, I'm pretty impressed with some of the things I CAN do! I had to grip dumbbells for that one where you go from sitting to table. Even with my arms fully extended, I was still sliding my butt across the floor. The dumbbell boost gave me just enough room.
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    At least the planks are in the first circuit instead of the third! I'm not sure I could make it if they were last!
    Im finding all the plank positions hard on the cardio, I have to keep having breaks as it absolutely kills my arms! Im thinking about having a rest day on thursday just due to being so busy and I dont want to get up at 5 to work out especially as I have uni that day at 10:30... (it takes me an hour and half to travel there)

Me too! I hate planks, I don't like how they are back to back during the first circuit. I'm tempted to just do jumping jacks during one of them, but I know I'll be mad at myself if I don't do all the moves.

I can really feel it in my arms today and I might be going crazy but they definately feel more muscular.

Christina, you're making me scared of level 3! :laugh: Please tell me there aren't as many planks!!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of 30DS and today I felt great after the workout! I'll be putting up my 10 day results on Friday or Saturday!

Height: 5'4"
    SW:149
    CW:147
    GW:125

I have a big tire around my belly that I really want to lose, I'm not concerned about the pounds if my body loses a couple inches on the waist and upper hips!

We can do this!
  • pureeevil
    pureeevil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday followed by 30 mins of just dance3 in sweat mode
    And I walk a 35min brisk walk home from work taking every other day off
    Finding myself sore but a good kind of sore and I can push through
    The workouts..I love planks bring em on it's like a resting position for me!
    Pushups on the other hand are the devil ugh...
    I'm 5"5 187.8 size 14, I don't measure myself just go by
    How strong I feel how tight my buns get and how loose
    My clothes start to get..eating between 1200-1400cal/day..
    So we'll see what happens!!!
  • helloburger
    Options
    Hi all, I've just finished day 3, level 2. AND WOW! what a difference the push up bars make! I now dont have to stop because my wrists hurt, I did stop once on the second part of cardio, the mountain climbers as my arms were feeling sore. But they are totally worth investing if you want to reduce the stress on your wrists ( as I feel surely its not natural for your wrists to be able to support all your body weight surely?)

Hope your all doing great :D hows peoples weight loss going with this or there measurements?
  • apriliamark
    Options
    Planks are the devil...... But awesome!!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've just finished day 3, level 2. AND WOW! what a difference the push up bars make! I now dont have to stop because my wrists hurt, I did stop once on the second part of cardio, the mountain climbers as my arms were feeling sore. But they are totally worth investing if you want to reduce the stress on your wrists ( as I feel surely its not natural for your wrists to be able to support all your body weight surely?)

Hope your all doing great :D hows peoples weight loss going with this or there measurements?

That's really interesting. Did you find them any harder or easier apart from your wrists? I heard that push ups are harder with them. I think my boyfriend as some flying about. I don't feel it too bad in my wrist while doing planks but I can see your point.
    My weigh in day is tomorrow. Really nervous and excited. I am hoping for a good start!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I can't afford any until Monday, but I might give push up bars a go. My wrists absolutely kill during the plank moves. I was actually getting a bit concerned yesterday that I might end up doing some damage.

As for weight loss, I'm up a 1/2 a pound. That sounds trivial, but I was up by a whole 2lbs mid-week and all of it still hasn't dropped back off. And I don't have the first clue why. I've been within calories every day and I've had some pretty good workouts (The past two days I added BFBM and I also did 6W6P a couple of times last week). I'm fine if my weight remained unchanged but pretty annoyed it's gone up. :grumble:

Anyway, that aside I'm feeling pretty good. Today will be Week 2 Day 5. Aside from the planks I quite like this second week. I really enjoy most of circuit 2. I'm both a little sad but quite excited to be leaving it behind in a couple of days.
  • helloburger
    Options
    It's the plank do much I can hold them for ages but when it's mountain climbers or the half burpees it hurts... So any cardio in plank position.

Well It seems easier to me but that could be due to not wanting to stop as my wrists dont hurt. Also with push ups I guess they maybe harder as you dip down lower?

Also don't worry about your weight gain! It's properly water weight. As If your muscles hae been used a lot your muscle cells swell with water to try and repair themselves! X
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is done, I'm really hating level 2! My wrists are so sore from the planks, am I doing them wrong?

I like the sumo squats a lot though, probably one of my favourite moves from both Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 of level 3 today..still sucks but I think i handled it better and was able to push through it.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I completed day 6 of level 1 today, going to do level 1 tomorrow through Saturday and start level 2 on Monday. I just skipped through the level two video and WOW do those girls look sweaty and worked out. I'm scared and excited to start level 2!
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 of Level 1 today! I'm very behind, I just can't bring myself to do it everyday, so I'm just taking it slow. Good job everyone!
  • helloburger
    Options
    So it seems that I may have got over excited with doing the weights/lifting. Some how I have managed to inflame a tendon in my shoulder so its painful to lift my arm above my head or out to the side.

Tomorrow is my rest day, so I will continue to ice my shoulder and take anti-inflammatories and hope for the best for friday... If not I will continue the DVD but to everything modified... e.g is planks jacks hurt my shoulder I'll jog on the spot instead... of weights hurt I will do a bicep curl rather than a tricep one.

oh well.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 done! Apart from the plank cardio work I do like this one but the plank bit is so hard! I don't feel it in my wrists however.

It is my weigh in day today and I have lost 2.6lbs! Hurray! And I have lost just over an inch in my measurements! Very happy!

Also today I received my Polar FT4 HRM and I burned 286 calories during the workout. Just as a guide I am 31, 5"6 and 165.8lbs.
    The MFP calculation for circuit training gave me 300 calories so it seems quite accurate.

Great to see everyone is doing so well!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    So it seems that I may have got over excited with doing the weights/lifting. Some how I have managed to inflame a tendon in my shoulder so its painful to lift my arm above my head or out to the side.

Tomorrow is my rest day, so I will continue to ice my shoulder and take anti-inflammatories and hope for the best for friday... If not I will continue the DVD but to everything modified... e.g is planks jacks hurt my shoulder I'll jog on the spot instead... of weights hurt I will do a bicep curl rather than a tricep one.

oh well.

Hope you're better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Daisy80
    Options

I can't afford any until Monday, but I might give push up bars a go. My wrists absolutely kill during the plank moves. I was actually getting a bit concerned yesterday that I might end up doing some damage.

As for weight loss, I'm up a 1/2 a pound. That sounds trivial, but I was up by a whole 2lbs mid-week and all of it still hasn't :smile: dropped back off. And I don't have the first clue why. I've been within calories every day and I've had some pretty good workouts (The past two days I added BFBM and I also did 6W6P a couple of times last week). I'm fine if my weight remained unchanged but pretty annoyed it's gone up. :grumble:

Anyway, that aside I'm feeling pretty good. Today will be Week 2 Day 5. Aside from the planks I quite like this second week. I really enjoy most of circuit 2. I'm both a little sad but quite excited to be leaving it behind in a couple of days.

I agree with helloburger! I am sure the gain is only because you're building muscle. Also is it maybe close to your TOM? Your body holds onto water during this time. I usually don't weigh myself during this time as my weight always goes up...Don't let it discourage you! I am sure it will drop very soon
  • Daisy80
    Options
    It seems quiet on here suddenly....Hope everyone is doing great!

Day 3 of Level 2 done! Only two more days and it is time to move on! Excited!