why the fudge...

Options
124»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    TV licence??? I though they only existed in England in the 1950s?

To the OP - I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Biggest Loser show isn't created to "help people lose weight". It's created to provide entertainment and to make money for the production company and the TV networks. They aren't going to be "courteous" and only advertise things that might make you feel good about yourself (puppies or kitten doing an exercise DVD presumably?) they are going to sell their show to a network who will sell advertising minutes to the highest bidder.

Don't kid yourself that any of this is about your wellbeing. It's a sad reflection of the civilisation we have created for ourselves.

PS. sorry if the delicious eggs in my profile picture make you hungry, it's not a personal attack!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    some of the responses im getting here is absolutley hilarious! im sat here in histerics! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i ask a simple question, well not even that. i was just wondering why would the biggest looser be sponsered by subway, of all things?! and pffft the responses r ridiculous! im off tooodles!

have a safe journey everyone, dont go eating too many subways now
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    alls subway think about is money

'would you like a cookie with ur sub? or can i tempt you in a packet of crisps? or a nice ice cold bottle of coke to wash it down?!

NO! just the sub on its own - or else ill be way over calories and my purse will be empty!

robbin *kitten*

... And McDonald's doesn't? While I may not have agreed with Morgan's methods in "Supersize Me", he did show the amount of advertising McD's, as well as other fastfood joints, puts into making sure people WANT their product, and everything that goes along with it. Subway is HARDLY alone in asking people if they want sides to their foods.

Really, it's up to people to learn to control themselves. If they're too weak-willed, that's their problem.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I agree on one part, and one part only: Advertising food late at night. I agree, Subway should not have cookies or bad chips available. But that's part of business. You have to have some of what everyone wants. It's up to YOU to make the decision to decline the unhealthy stuff. And in comparison to MULTIPLE fast food joints, Subway is definitely the healthier. You just have to do your research.
    I am grateful that businesses can sell and advertise legal products freely. The last thing we need is a nanny state telling us what to eat and when... or that we have to pay to watch TV.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see how you have let your rant about Subway and choices turn into an attention gatherer for yourself....wonder what that makes you...

This is a site for individuals that want to either be healthier and/or support others in being so. Please refrain from being an Attention #$%^& in the future. You just lower the overall quality of this community and site.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see how you have let your rant about Subway and choices turn into an attention gatherer for yourself....wonder what that makes you...

This is a site for individuals that want to either be healthier and/or support others in being so. Please refrain from being an Attention #$%^& in the future. You just lower the overall quality of this community and site.
    Well put.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Fogle

now i am not saying eat subway every day and you will lose like this guy but it is much easier to incorporate subway into a healthy diet rather than mcdonalds. subs that i get are usually 450-500 cals and i eat it as an entire meal. if you are smart about what you put on your sub it can be healthy
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options

goodnight and godbless:drinker:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    is the biggest looser UK sponsered by subway?!!!!

a flippin KFC or Macdonalds is healthier than a subway for crying out loud!!

I know subway is packed with salad - wich is obvs healthy. but what about the bread, crisps, cookies, muffins, fizzy pop, some of the meat?!! :angry:

a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:

sorrry rant over ha!x

and you seriously thing KFC or McDonalds is better? Wow, I don't even know what to say about that other than have you actually eaten at any of those places?

yep always eat at macdonalds thankyou very much.. and lost alot of weight aswell! so much for what i can say about you..

Talk about classless and immature. :noway:

Wow, congratulations you just lost whatever credibility you had.

Nice job.....
This discussion has been closed.