30 day shredders starting Monday?

Options

Replies

• msaravalli
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred since December 19th and let me tell you it REALLY WORKS! I'm seeing the pounds melt off, even though you feel like you're going to die when you're doing it, afterwards that feeling of accomplishment and how you look in the mirror is so worth it! I just moved to level 3 last night, it's NO JOKE, i'm pretty sore today! but I'm finally seeing my abs for the first time in my life! Before this DVD I worked out at the gym 4 days a week and did Pilates 2 days a week for a YEAR and never saw the results I've already gotten from this DVD. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
  • Tschuster57
    Options
    I am new (again) to the MFP site. I originally joined back in September but did use it very long. Started again the end of December. I've been using it for two weeks now and have lost 7 lbs. by dieting. Ready to kick it up a notch and Jillian's 30 day shred sounds like the perfect way to do it. I've tried her workout several times but never stuck with it long enough to see any real results. Maybe this group will help me get and stay motivated.
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday so I will be a week ahead of you. I am also doing it everyday along with spin class 3-4 times a week. Def feeling the soreness today, but it's going to be worth it! Good luck to everyone!
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I had to hold my glass with 2 hands to drink as my body was shaking so much it felt like it was vibrating lol!!
    I can't really say I enjoyed doing it and now I feel a bit sicky but I will say it was very quick....thank god! Lol

I had the same feeling the first time I tried it! I had to quit after 10 days because my knees were hurting so bad and then I had a terrible fall on my back out in the yard. But I am ready to retry it! I really felt a lot better after the fifth day! Lost a few pounds!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Those cardio bits after the side lunges are killer, though. My legs were all 'gee, I'd love to help you out here, but I got nuthin'.

I just finished D3L1 of Ripped in 30 and I completely know what you mean!! But today I only took about a 3 sec. pause twice...so tomorrow...no pauses!!!! Yeah us!
  • Mrs_ALM
    Mrs_ALM Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting (AGAIN) today. I started last Tuesday and wasn't able to walk properly for the past 5 days. Hopefully it doesn't do that this time around. :ohwell:
  • SaraR216
    Options
    I re-started it yesterday!! I did it a few weeks back and gave up, but am determined to stick with it this time! Just got done with day 2 of it :)
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello Shredders!
    This is my second go round with Jillian. The first time I lost significant inches on my arms, legs, stomach and wow my back!!!! So let's give it another try and see how many more inches I can loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon:1/9/12 D1L1-complete!
  • quinnikati
    quinnikati Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tonight, and I'm wondering what you all report it as for exercise, aerobics general?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting for my DVD to come in the mail. So if it comes by Monday I am willing to try to start it with you guys. My problem is... I have had some shoulder, arm and hand pains recently so I went to the Dr yesterday. He thinks I have a pinched nerve somewhere and put me on muscle relaxers for 30 days. He also seems to think I have the start of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. With that being said I am not allowed to exercise with that arm much. I have no idea what this exercise entails, but if it has a lot of arm movement and rotation I will have to wait for the Dr to approve me to start. Which is really sad, because I have really been looking forward to this video.
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I have the dvd and was doing it for awhile the end of last year and then I just stopped. But need to get into it again. I am pre-diabetic and need to get it in track or i will be full blown diabetic, which I dont want!! Please add me too. Good luck everyone-we can do it!!

11569296.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout this morning...Level 1. Wowzers...it's off the meter, but I love it!!!
  • petreebird
    Options
    I'm starting this tonight, and I'm wondering what you all report it as for exercise, aerobics general?

I think most people are posting it under "circuit training, general".

Anyone else have any thoughts?

14339295.png
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think most people log the workout as circuit training. I calculated what 20 mins circuit training would be for my weight, then made up my own exercise type of "30 Day Shred" with the right amount of cals :) Was about 220 cals for me.

I have heard that Jillian said on one of her podcasts that youre meant to have break days with the program, not 30 days STRAIGHT....but didnt hear it directly so dont hold me to it.

I think you're body needs a rest every now and then, or you'll injure yourself....and may be the reason why so many people drop out of the program. I'll probably do this 5 days a week...see how my body feels and work with it :)
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm starting (AGAIN) today. I started last Tuesday and wasn't able to walk properly for the past 5 days. Hopefully it doesn't do that this time around. :ohwell:

Oh my god I started yesterday and it killed my legs too. I can't stand up or sit down or go up or down stairs without my legs killing me. So. Much. Pain.

I've heard people say they keep going when they're aching but there's no way I could keep going, I can hardly walk.
    Let me know how much it kills you when you do day 2. Haha
  • petreebird
    Options

I have heard that Jillian said on one of her podcasts that youre meant to have break days with the program, not 30 days STRAIGHT....but didnt hear it directly so dont hold me to it.

I think you're body needs a rest every now and then, or you'll injure yourself....and may be the reason why so many people drop out of the program. I'll probably do this 5 days a week...see how my body feels and work with it :)

I heard her say on the Ripped video that you should do it 5 to 6 days a week too. Definitely get at least one day of rest in.
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    I ordered this today, so will be starting once the postman delivers it x
  • Hannahmave
    Options
    second day on level 1!! xx
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, did 5 minutes and stopped (I'm getting over the flu) about 30 minutes later I started again and finished! Today was a little bit easier... I haven't used waits cause my daughter takes them and runs away lol she's 22 months and it's very difficult to workout with her around lol But she does jump through the whole workout so it wears both of us out :) I'm going to keep trying to use my weights and keep them from her good luck on day 3 tomorrow!
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Day 2 of this. It is so hard! Yet I felt so GOOD today. My muscles were tight but not too achy, and I just felt...sexier! It definitely hurts when I'm doing it though! But so worth it! Can't wait for day 3!