Do you pre-log your exercises?

Options
cjpg
cjpg Posts: 433 Member
Sometimes I've found that by logging in my exercise BEFORE doing it, it's practically been chiseled into stone and one way or another it will be done.

Curious if its taboo for some peeps to ever log something that hasn't preceded it?

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I've found that by logging in my exercise BEFORE doing it, it's practically been chiseled into stone and one way or another it will be done.

Curious if its taboo for some peeps to ever log something that hasn't preceded?
    Actually, I do.
    I have a 2 hour workout most days, and I start at 530 am for an hour of cardio.
    I eat breakfast, then do an hour of resistance.

Later, I'll play tennis or something but count that as "activity", and in the end, it all adds up to a great day.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I tend to log planned evening exercise in advance, but morning exercise after I do it.

It's just a way for me to plan how much to eat; I like to see those available calories :)
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    AHHHHHH no thats kinda cheating to me!!!!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't do it with exercise, but I do pre log my meals as a way to stay on track all day and to remind me about portion size...
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I only log pre-workout if it will finish after midnight and I want to make sure it counts on the right day. I don't have any problem with others doing it.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to, but now I use an HRM so I have no real way of guessing how much I'll burn!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    me too! I like to know "how much i can eat" today.
  • aeboone24
    Options
    i try to log a lot of stuff prior to the time to make myself stay on track: food and exercise. it also shows me if i have room to make an oops. like today i had three yummy dinner rolls but i knew i could because i had points and i still ended up 300cal under from my workout that i made myself do. (extra workout)
  • kellydennis
    Options
    I think it depends on how we are wired. I personally do not because I haven't earned it yet. I can't eat more calories until I've earned the right to do so.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Never. I do, however, pre-log my food at least a day in advance.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    nope, don't log it until I do it.
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, for two reasons.
    1. For me, it increases the commitment level - now I'm accountable to make sure it happens. My buddies are already cheering me on.
    2. As my "burns" get higher, I need to plan my macros throughout the day. The first time I had to come home at 9:30 at night and try to eat back 800 calories was hilarious, but not particularly healthy. The way my schedule rolls out, I don't have much time till after the kids are in bed, and I don't want to pack on huge meals afterwards, so I "stack" my day.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my second workout of the morning or the evening....Most times I get a workout at the gym...Go home regroup and do another DVD workout(for challenges)..Others are mini workouts and may log them or estimate on cals..Pretty much know what I may burn now from doing them so long and I under estimate...
  • aeboone24
    Options

Curious if its taboo for some peeps to ever log something that hasn't preceded?
    Actually, I do.
    I have a 2 hour workout most days, and I start at 530 am for an hour of cardio.
    I eat breakfast, then do an hour of resistance.

Later, I'll play tennis or something but count that as "activity", and in the end, it all adds up to a great day.

wish i had time to do that much~ holy smokes. i am excited when i get 30mins in at 5am and then 30min walk in during my lunch break. (ps i know my child is not an excuse but 6am is his wake up time 730am out the door his daycare 8am my work 830am then we are home at 6pm)
  • blcotton
    Options
    Yes, actually I do log my exercises before I do them because then I hold myself to getting it done! I also like being able to see how many calories I really have for the day after exercise is already added...gives me more wiggle room I guess you could say. I thought I was one of the only ones, glad I'm not.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do religiously.

It's how I keep track. organize and have a sense of order to what I'm doing. It lets me knwo where I am, where I am slacking or plateauing on lifts to give myself a rest longer.

It's everything to how I manage my weights.

The results are impressive though. I tripled my weights in two months. I know EXACTLY what it will take to get to a goal, how long it will take to get there.

On the flyers cant do that.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No, although I do pre-log my meals. I usually estimate how many cals I'm planning to burn the next day when I'm entering meals so I know how many cals I have for the day. Then I just adjust it as needed if I don't exercise (which doesn't usually happen, but did today :sad: )
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I did pre-log my exercise the other day but halfway into my work out I realized oh gosh I'm to tired to finish what I had set myself up to do. It wasn't anything difficult I was just more sore that day and having to go back and change my workout was a bit annoying. I think I'll be sticking with doing the exercise then adding them to my log.
  • whitette
    whitette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sure do. Like to be planned and organised then I know where I am at.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i try to prepare myself for the next day because my days are always so consumed. if i dont have a guideline and commitment then im more likely to sway off the pathway . if i need to adjust my workout schedule or food list then i do it as necessary to keep myself honest. i added an extra half hour on the treadmill tonite because i hopped on it while watching a tv show . didnt put that in the plan but hey its extra exercise so i gave myself credit..there was some days i didnt do a cardio or as much as i planned so i adjust that too