What are some of your diet friendly FILLING foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    don't slap me ok i'm not promoting anything but shakeology....da. li. shush. (that's delicious lol)
    the dang thing keeps me full for 4 hours. no lie. gets rid of my cravings. tastes like a peanut butter cup when i mix it with pb2....fan freakin tastic.
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Protien!!

veggies are great but you need some protein to combine them with....

IE: Mealtless veggie chick'n cutlet paired with salad or in a wrap with 100 calorie wrap, veggies, and a light dressing of your choice....I usually go with a little chili oil (less than 5 calories).

Other sources of protein:

- faux deli slices
    - greek yogurt
    - almonds
    - light cheese
    - soy milk
    - hard boiled eggs
    - peanut butter/almond butter (in moderation!)

Other than that, LOTS of veggies and water/green tea
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein together! A few stalks of celery with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter, an apple with 1/4c raw almonds or cashews, 1/4c homemade egg salad with a slice of sprouted wheat bread, etc.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Two of my friends recently suggested beans/legumes and so I've been making these great tortillas for lunch:

1/4 avacado, cut up
    1/2 cup black beans (low sodium)
    1/8 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
    1 tbsp light sour cream
    2 tbsp Pace thick and chunky medium salsa
    1 flour tortilla

SO filling, 329 calories. If you wanted less calories you could take out the cheese and that drops 40 calories. I microwave the beans/cheese in the tortilla for 30 seconds, then open it up, add the other stuff, and mix it up. You could also add lettuce and tomato if you wanted more volume.

Other than that, I love unsalted almonds, greek yogurt, and all things protein right now. I keep cooked shrimp, tilapia fillets, and chicken breast on hand to snack on. Also sweet potatoes are fantastic. Good luck!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    oatmeal (not instant or pkg)
    wheat toast w/peanut butter
    any kind of nuts / no salt
    popcorn / air popped
    beans & lentils
  • kimberliekay1987
    Options
    It may just be me, but when I eat broccoli, it fills me up quicker and longer than a salad does, AND it's low in calories.
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have any diet filling foods, but I've noticed that with reducing my portions and having a cold glass of water has really helped me drink more water. Also, I've started to eat slower which has helped me feel more full. Also staying busy. Sometimes (at least for me) it's not always the food but my behavior (how I'm eating it, what I'm doing, etC).
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with the protein and fiber together. I keep a stash of hard boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks. Yogurt also helps a lot. I would go with a piece of whole wheat bread-make sure it has 4 or more grams of fiber and an egg. Sara lee bread is great because one slice only has 45 calories!
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    20 piece nugget with some fries.
  • lenny776
    Options
    beef jerky and lots of water!
  • Kateinprogress
    Options
    I make a lot of pasta and risotto dishes that are under 300 calories and really big servings! Try using Rozoni Smart Taste Pasta, it's only 170 cals per serving so it's a great base. Risotto is also really filling and you can make a big batch of it to use throughout the week. I just cook a few big dishes and put them in individual serving tupperwares so it's easy to grab and go!
    I also love Breakstone 2% fat snack packs for a quick portable filling snack.

I have a few of my recipes on here but there's more on these two pages:
    piecesinprogress.tumblr.com/pastapossibilities
    piecesinprogress.tumblr.com/richrisotto

Hope that helps! :)