NUTella vs. NUtella

Options
thecanface
thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
do you say NUT-ella OR NU-tella????

I say NUT-ella cause it's a hazelnut, not a hazelnute. My sister says NU-tella, cause ya know.. it makes no sense what so ever!

whats nu? or even new? and a tella? what is that?? like did the freakin tellatubbies invent this? I DON'T THINK SO!! :explode:

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    newt ella!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I say NU-tella because that's the proper way to say it - it's a european concoction and they pronounce certain words differently than Americans.
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't know, too busy eating it. =)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    58d3b418.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I call it Satan's Nectar and would bathe in it if I could.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I say NU-tella because that's the proper way to say it - it's a european concoction and they pronounce certain words differently than Americans.

and the fun has been sucked out =/ *shaking fist at europe*
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's german, so I think the second is closest...however, we Americanize everything so treat it like the potato debate.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    TOMATO (to-mah-toe)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't say it... I just eat it!

Actually... to be perfectly honest... I buy the Kroger brand 'Chocolate Hazelnut Spread' - because it comes in CHUNKY with little bits of hazelnut... and it's way cheaper than the name brand. (and even has 10 fewer calories per tablespoon)
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    LosingMyselfin2011 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I call it Satan's Nectar and would bathe in it if I could.

HAHA same here! It is my worst enemy! And I have to keep it in my cabinet because my extra-picky 6 yr old loves it!
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I pronouce it "cr-ack". "ah-dic-tive" is another way of saying it!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I always say NU but know that's not right. I cal it that anyways cause it sounds better.

I blame Nutella for a lot of my weight gain. LOL It's dangerous stuff!!!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

and the fun has been sucked out =/

is that part of the production process, how do they do that exactly and why, are there extra calories in the 'fun' ?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but my wife and daughter's swear by it. When I open the cupboard I reach past it and grab the Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter.
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    Either way.....I don't understand what is so fabulous about it. :noway: I know.......UNPOPULAR opinion.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I thought it was Italian because of the hazelnuts??? However its pronounced, its great!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    58d3b418.jpg
    this made me laugh so hard i had to get up and go to the bathroom...THANKS! lmao
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Nuh-tella.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The people on the commercials say NUtella, so I assume that's the correct pronunciation.

Either way, I read the ingredients and it's got too much weird stuff in it, so I use Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams instead.