Commenting on people's food diaries

Options
13»

Replies

• dvnmsv
    dvnmsv Posts: 2
    Options
    I for one would appreciate suggestions and alternative to what i can do to get the count down in some areas like fat and sugaror get protein up..... I am conscience trying to pick good food choices but then that sends other catergories askew....so helpful advice on how to adjust that would be appreciated..... Thank you for asking before just weighing in.... (pun not intended :-) ) .....and I will assume positive intendtwhen I read comments!:happy:
  • AllieDenae
    Options
    Personally I think you should tell the truth. I'm here to loose the weight so I want all the harsh truth told to me and vis versa. Infact befriend me and we can be hard on each other....:)
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For those who lost friends, it just wasn't a good fit. It's best you are not friends anymore for you and them.

I don't comment on friends diarys when their food consumption that day was terribly unhealthy, even though they hit their cals. I do comment on those that have great food choices. I won't give unsolicited advice either, so if my friends want advice they have to ask.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open...It works out better in the long run!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    For the most part, do people want you to be honest and critical on their food diaries? i know that I do. If people see that I'm lacking in a certain area I want to hear about it so I can work towards making more healthy changes in my day to day life. Does everyone want that though? Does someone I only know casually on here want me telling them that I think they need to eat more veggies and less processed foods? Or that they better up their water intake because their sodium is off the charts? I never know if I should just say..."great day" since they were under calories or actually say what I think?

Blast away! I want feedback because that is why I am here. I don't care if I don't know you, you might have some great ideas for me! :happy:

Yes I want people to comment on what I eat if they can suggest something. I think I eat pretty healthy, but I'm always looking for inspiration and feedback. I have commented when people complain they're not losing or something and then I see their diary and they're eating a lot of crap and suggest maybe they could eat more fruits, veggies, etc and whole foods instead. If they don't like it they can say so or delete me honestly.