What do you eat when you're really hungry?

Options
Like if you waited too long to eat and you're in starvation mode and you just KNOW your body is gonna store whatever you put in your mouth..?

Replies

• 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have heard on Dr Oz to eat about 6 or 7 nuts.. or some type of healthy fat and 20 minutes later you won't feel as hungry. The fat sends a message of satisfaction to your brain telling you that you are full.

I haven't tried it yet... I tend to grab anything I can find if I'm starving... and then work it off later... lol.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You don't go into starvation mode in one day.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Almonds do help a lot or a piece of low fat cheese
  • skaupanger
    Options
    Thanks! I'll go eat a handful right now! I do this all the time! :tongue: I forget to eat breakfast and by 10 I'm super hungry.
  • edcvaadg
    Options
    If I'm feeling really hungry I want something that feels like a whole bunch of food in my belly. I've resorted to some things that don't taste fantastic BUT are filling. Plain oatmeal sits like a rock in the tummy. Air popped popcorn is good because I tend to be an emotional eater so I can keep throwing something in my mouth for a long time without racking up too many calories. Baked potatoes (plain) , bananas, and hard boiled eggs are my other go tos. I can't even have nuts in my house when I'm losing weight. I love them and tend to eat WAY to many. I can't feel full on them!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Like if you waited too long to eat and you're in starvation mode and you just KNOW your body is gonna store whatever you put in your mouth..?
    "Starvation mode" is not common and is not the same as "being really really hungry". You certainly aren't going to enter starvation mode by 10 am.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Unless it has been days since you've eaten you are not in starvation mode. Just eat something healthy that you enjoy.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    its been a learned process for me to not let myself get into starvation mode because that is when i eat anything in my way .. i dont tend to grab something healthy when im that hungry .. so when im that hungry its anybody's guess what im going to eat. one thing i do not do is go to the grocery store when im hungry.. i hit up the bakery, chips and dip, ice cream and god knows what else when i do that
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    a couple baby carrots dipped in hummus. Keeps me full for a while
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    FOOD!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Seriously watch out for starvation mode! I hits you fast!
  • skaupanger
    Options
    its been a learned process for me to not let myself get into starvation mode because that is when i eat anything in my way .. i dont tend to grab something healthy when im that hungry .. so when im that hungry its anybody's guess what im going to eat. one thing i do not do is go to the grocery store when im hungry.. i hit up the bakery, chips and dip, ice cream and god knows what else when i do that

Oh my gosh I never grocery shop when I'm hungry. lol. That's just all bad.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or a fiber one bar.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Seriously watch out for starvation mode! I hits you fast!

I know. I totally can't eat all my calories today. I just wasn't hungry at lunch. Could I be in starvation mode?
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I agree with JeannieBeanie................some nuts are a very good option, great source of protein and good fat
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Anything I want. I can't stand being in starvation mode!
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What do I eat when I'm really hungry? Anything in sight unfortunately. If I'm to keep some degree of willpower and good decision making ability I have to have some healthy snacks around to keep me from getting to that really hungry phase.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    First I drink a big glass of water (16 oz) then if I'm still hungry -

1/4 cup of nuts (I love smokehouse almonds)

OR

Popcorn if I want to eat something for a long time...

OR

If I really want something sweet - greek yogurt with fresh fruits (usually berries)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I eat stuff.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my own toenails when I get that hungry.