What do you eat when you're really hungry?

Options

Replies

• dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Big glass of ice cold water and either fruit or a packet of oatmeal. Hot drinks such as coffee, tea and herbal tea help, too (and if you can stomach it - hot chicken broth helps curb the hunger so that you can make a smart and controlled food choice). It has to be something that is already measured out because when I get that hungry - I won't take the time to measure (why I don't keep nuts around - I will just eat handfuls and before you know it I have already eaten half a jar). I try to eat every 2-3 hours so that this doesn't happen - but sometimes things get in the way.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    When I'm super hungry I start off eating something like baby carrots and hummus. Then, after I'm not starving I will make myself a sandwich or some soup or something and eat normally for the rest of the day.

I think by "starvation mode", OP means ravenously hungry and willing to eat everything in sight.

(:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    On a serious note... if your super hungry and you want something that will make you really full, make and eat some of this..... its like eating cool whip..... but its protein......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1823-protein-fluff
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    FOOD!

Definitely.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I only eat what Dr. Oz tells me because everything he says is true and not driven by how much he gets paid to promote something...
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Man, trolls are coming out of the woodwork!

Where? I adore those little buggers. Such cute little jeweled bellies.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Aborted fetus'... no one else is using 'em
    That's because the conservatives won't let them use them. Bon appetit.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Yes, totally. Like, anything you eat now will just make you gain weight so, like, you totally should not eat anything. Ever.

What if it's my TOM? Does that change anything?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 nuts? Seriously? If I'm really hungry, 6 or 7 nuts are only going to make me angry. Really hungry? How about 2lbs of chicken breast, pounded flat, packed with bacon and cheese, rolled up, floured, crisped in some EVOO and then baked. On top of that, let's put an entire 2 heads of broccoli and a glass of whole milk. That's satisfaction!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of this has been suggested already, but I'm trying to think of what's in my fridge right now, and what I've been snacking on:
    -Apple/banana/or celery with peanut butter
    -Greek yogurt
    -Cottage cheese
    -Oatmeal
    -Small fruit salad/or green salad, or just fruits and veggies
    -nuts
    -avocado
    -shrimp with cocktail sauce
    -I'm really into the craisins trail mix lately
    -finally-I made taco meat the other day and I have fixings for tacos so I can make one at a time when needed, although maybe this is more for lunchtime.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Aborted fetus'... no one else is using 'em

ba da ba da ba I'm lovin' it
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I read this as ManTrolls LOL

Are there WomanTrolls? I would assume there are or the Troll species would be extinct, but I've never seen a WomanTroll :huh:
  • jennajava
    Options
    6 or 7 nuts? Seriously? If I'm really hungry, 6 or 7 nuts are only going to make me angry. Really hungry? How about 2lbs of chicken breast, pounded flat, packed with bacon and cheese, rolled up, floured, crisped in some EVOO and then baked. On top of that, let's put an entire 2 heads of broccoli and a glass of whole milk. That's satisfaction!

drozquack.png

(Though I do think he is hot.)
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my own toenails when I get that hungry.

Haha! You must be fairly flexible to contort yourself enough to get your mouth to your toes...
  • jennajava
    Options

Are there WomanTrolls? I would assume there are or the Troll species would be extinct, but I've never seen a WomanTroll :huh:

There are! You just don't recognize them.

e1109557-177a-4c0b-a611-ab7dfba4b347.jpg
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I read this as ManTrolls LOL

Woman trolls should only be seen not heard but you probably dont see them cause they should be in the kitchen making a ManTroll his Sammich
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy some of the methods Dr. Oz uses to describe some body chemistry etc...but alot of his advice, in my opinion is heavily driven by marketing.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Dense foods. Meat, cheese, nuts, avos.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Weiner, sausage, or salami usually works. Or Spanish eggs.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Woman trolls should only be seen not heard but you probably dont see them cause they should be in the kitchen making a ManTroll his Sammich

This woman troll is gonna b*tch slap you with her club. Now go make ME a sammich.