Options
    great job
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    wow ur very slim well done!
  • crazyleo86
    Options
    congrats girl! u have to be smaller then a size 10 right? how many calories did you consume?
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look great! 20 lbs is not easy to lose... you should be very proud. That's exactly what I'm trying to lose myself... congrats!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You know, you should flaunt it, you wanted to do something and you did it!! Maybe you werent comforable with how you looked before, Now you are happy, and you are the only one that should judge how much you should weigh or how thin you should be- you look excellent and with the last pic of you in my head, I will remember THAT when I snack on something I shouldnt! I used to look like that, so I can relate , but having kids and hypothyroidism have made me change into someone I dont reconize, Im proud of you!!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!:wink:
    How long did it take you to lose the 20 pounds? Im exactly the same weight as you when you started and Im aiming to 130lbs... but Im a lot shorter though Im 5'3''.

same here... i'm 5.2 and a half and i am aiming for 130, i currently am 137 and i so wish i looked like that! i really look like your before picture to a tee!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! You look great! I also wanted to lose about 20 lbs. and thought that wasn't much -- but I notice a big difference in your photos (and in my own before/afters). It DOES show.

I am 5' 5", and was at about the same weight you were when I started. It took me 8 months to get to where I am now (133ish), but I'm also 41, and have had 2 children -- you can see my lumpy before photos in my profile.

I did it very very slowly, and plateaued multiple times. I run, do spin, started doing circuit training with weights, and eat back every single workout calorie I get (I plateaued the most when I wasn't eating quite enough to fuel my more intense workouts). You girls (gloria84 and lin7604) can do it too, it just takes time. :flowerforyou:
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    Congrats, go ahead and flaunt you got it. How did you add those pics?
  • kels1416
    Options
    great job!!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you look great! amazing job defining your abs!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    You look amazing!!!:wink:
    How long did it take you to lose the 20 pounds? Im exactly the same weight as you when you started and Im aiming to 130lbs... but Im a lot shorter though Im 5'3''.

It has taken me about 3 months. It has been very steady!!
  • splucy
    Options
    congrats girl! u have to be smaller then a size 10 right? how many calories did you consume?
    \

Thank you ^_^ I am size 10! I'm so excited. I used to wear 12s and sometimes 14s. I am due to go through all of my old clothing and throw out a few things. I am hoping that throwing out the old clothes will keep me motivated to maintain my weight instead of becoming lazy and letting the weight come back on.

I consume 1200 a day although I usually go over this goal by about 100-200 most days.
  • splucy
    Options
    What kind of workout routine did you do? I pretty much match up to your before picture and you are where I hope to be!

I try to get in exercise wherever I can. I park my car 800 metres away from my work so I have to walk to and from my car. This walking alone burns about 100 calories. I power walk wherever I go!!

If I park my car in a parking complex, I take the stairs instead of the lift. I use Nike GPS a lot (It's an app you can download for your phone)

I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week after work and I use a personal trainer for one of those sessions.
  • splucy
    Options
    Wow, what a figure. You look toned and perfect for a mag cover shot! Did you work out a lot on your abs? They look fantastic.

I don't actually do a lot of ab work. I used to. My Personal Trainer tells me that it mostly comes down to body fat. The less body fat you have, the more prominent your ab muscles become. Everyone has them, it's just a matter of revealing them!

I do some sit ups occasionally and I do find that the leg press makes me tense my core at times. I do really want to focus more on some core strengthening work though! I will make sure my PT incorporates more of it in our next work out! :)
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Congrats on losing 20 lbs - you have every right to be proud of yourself!
  • splucy
    Options
    By the way, thank you to everyone for your lovely comments :) xxx
  • caitmac14
    Options
    20lbs is amazing!! I would love to get to that amount of lbs lost! You go girl!! Congrats!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Splucy - Amazing! It is incredible how a little weight can really change us when we are so close to goal. You have done an amazing thing for yourself. Congrats!!

ps. I did not notice your scar nor the mess nor the little bandage until I read your post a 2nd time. You are absolutely stunning. :smile:
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. Very beautiful. And don't say 20lbs isn't much. 20 lbs is a bloody achievement! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!