Looking for working moms to add :D

Options
Hi,

I'm 35 and have a five year old daughter. I'm a working mom and wanted to add friends that are working moms too. I wold love to share this journey with moms that are struggling like me to make time for everything includding my new diet and excercise. Please add.

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I have learned that it is much easier to get to the gym after everyone is in bed!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.....

I'm a working mom with two small kids (7 & 3). I fortunately work for a large global company, so I get to work from home. That affords me the opportunity to try and squeeze in exercise during my lunch hour. When that's not possible, I try to do it in the early evening after my husband gets home and before dinner.... or do a family activity with the kids. It is tough... and exhausting. But... I've been managing for almost 10 months now.

You CAN do this!!! :-)
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I work full time and have two young girls (3 & 6). I finally figured out that a few times a week, I just HAVE to go to the gym. They come with me and play in the kids area. Sometimes they complain but in the end they have fun and it all works out. I agree with dsak - there are days it is exhausting but it is worth it. When I think of just the first 29 that I've lost, I'm so proud and can't wait to lose more so I can feel better in my swimsuit when I take them to the pool next summer and other fun things. They don't understand now, but this is also a gift FOR them... I will hopefully be living longer and be part of their lives longer because of making healthy decisions and choices now.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a 3 year old, and what's working best for me right now is going to the gym BEFORE he wakes up. I usually leave for work before he wakes anyways, but now I have evenings free to spend time with him and get other things done. It's really hard, because I have to be in bed before 11 to function, and that takes time away from my husband....but like you guys said, it's worth it for the reward in the future!
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I work FT and have a 2 year old.
    I just joined LifeTime and try to make it 4 times a week. Hubby is a great supporter!

Add me if u wish.
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am a working mom and have a 13 year old daughter and a 4 year old son....so I could really use all the support and friends I can get!!
  • Carolyn130
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. Working Moms UNITE! :)
  • carrie1013
    Options
    Me too! Feel free to add me, the more the merrier.
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My little guy will be 2 years old in 2 weeks. Life is crazy, and it's hard balancing work, family, and taking care of myself. Any of you may add me as a friend.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I work....but wont find out if I am a mom until next week.
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom and YES it is very hard to find the time to do everything! I struggle with finding time for excercise and especially cooking meals that the whole family will eat (I have a very picky son!) I just sent a friend request.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Im a working mom with 2 boys, 2years and 5 years old. I work 7am-3:30p, so I go to the gym right after work and am usually home before 5pm. The night I take a class at the gym, I bring my 5 year old with me because he loves to play in their kids area. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • 2251LUDA
    Options
    I just joined today. I haven't filled out my info but to let you know a bit about me,My name is Dana Burruss. I am a 36 year old mother of 4. I am a registered nurse and I work in the NICU. I have a son, Noah who will be 13 this Saturday, I have a son Elijah (Eli) who turned 9 on July 8th 2011, I have a daughter Micah who turned 4 on June 15th, and son, Ezekiel (Zeke) was born July 13 2011. He will be 6 months old this Friday. I am definately a working mom!! :) I have been married to my bestfriend for 15 years come Feb. 22, 2012. live a very full, busy, but BLESSED life.
  • jackyb03
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am a mother of three, work a full time job, and have to find time to work out .. so I totally in the same boat.
  • swervy
    swervy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi

Please feel free to add me, I would love to get in touch with other Mum's who are facing similar challenges to myself.

I am a full time working Mum. I have two children aged 11 & 12 and my husband works rotating shift work!

I wake at 5 am in the morning to exercise before I get the children up for school as I find this is the only time for me! Afternoons are too crasy between riding horses and doing taxi runs to other sports (also have a type 1 diebetic child who needs to eat a specific times).

My aim is to increase my fitness and loose weight. I have been on this journey for over 9 weeks now and nothing much is happening due to the fact I hired myself in a PT who put me on the horendous high protein diet which helped increase my weight, it was so motiviating not!!

I have since been to see a qualified dietician and hopefully back on track. I have a new PT, I have just purchased myself a cross trainer and so far going great guns.

Approx. 10 years ago I lost 20 kilos easily in 16 weeks with Weight Watchers. The weight has been increasing over time and I never thought anything of it as it was so easy to loose the first time! This time I am spending alot more time and effort tracking and exercising. It's definately more of an emotional journey this time around!

Thanks again for your time, I wish you luck with your challenge
    Regards
    Tracie
  • alimarieban
    Options
    Working mom too! :-) I am a 40 yr old mom of a 15 year old girl and a 9 yr old boy. Exercising in the very early a.m. or right after work seems to be the best for me!

Feel free to add me!
  • Kenee23
    Options
    I am a working mom of 3 boys and 4 if you include DH. I wanted to start watching what I eat and exercise more. I find it difficult with work, family, school and trying to find time for me. I hope we can all gain something from each other. Good luck ladies.
  • michonw
    michonw Posts: 59
    Options
    I am a working Mother of 4 children, two grown and two ages 12 & 9. I sit at a desk from 8a-4p with only a break to go potty or get my lunch from the fridge. I don't take an hour break so I can get my 8 hours in at work and have time to go to the gym and get home to the kids before it's too late. I used to work out in the mornings at 5:00am - 6:00am, then get the kids up for school, etc. etc, but I now meet a couple of friends at the gym and it really helps hold me accountable. Do what works best for you and your kiddo's. When my older ones were little, I used to take them with to the gym and they loved the daycare. :) Feel free to add me! I'm here for ya!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I am 36 and mother of a 12 year old and a 10 year old working in finance full time. I work out 5 days a week for about 75 mins and eat clean about 90% of the time (or try anyways =P). My workouts vary between mornings and after work, but always manage to fit them in otherwise I just don't have the energy to manage work and home! Feel free to add me =)
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    add me! I'm 42, mom of 12,10 and a 6 year old. Went back to work full time. Trying to lose the weight I found along with my desk job. My metabolism took such a hit!

I miss my long distance running,no time. I'm fitting in a walk at lunch and just added a morning workout. It will come again. I'd love to train for one more marathon, but for now juggle, juggle, juggle. Baby Steps!!