Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry. argh.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just love a classic, thin based margharita...preferably with thick tomato sauce underneath. Mmm...I want one now!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry. argh.

whoa. you have a really big collection of pizza you made pictures.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry. argh.

it's a hobby :)
  • Djac1032
    Djac1032 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm Loads of vegetables and meat :) but if you don't have the calories, I sometimes use quorn on mine to lower the fat and calories etc :D

Does anyone know how to make a nice tomato base for pizza? I always end up buying the sauce. :D
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I met him in a bar, years ago. Duran Duran was playing on the jukebox and he was bending over, pegging his jeans. I ordered a purple passion and adjusted my side ponytail. I mustered up enough gumption and made a pass at him. We've been together ever since.

Have I told you lately that I love you? :heart:
  • andreacord
    Options
    I'll make my own if I can't afford to go out for it, it's amazing on a pita.. usually have the pita, cheese and sauce.

If I go out to eat, I like boston pizza. I get an individual veggie, thin crust with extra sauce and half the amount of cheese or a thin crust greek with half cheese. =)
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I just love a classic, thin based margharita...preferably with thick tomato sauce underneath. Mmm...I want one now!

This is me... Loads of tomato paste and loads of mozzarella.. With coke.. gosh darn
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This is the pizza I made at home in my BBQ. Really tasty and a lot healthier than from most pizza places! Despite how it looks there is only the equivalent of 2 1/2 slices of cheese on the whole pizza.

6678057349_521b1eeb1f.jpg
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I looooooove pizza! We have this little place that makes the BEST calzones in the world, all fresh ingredients loads of cheese and lots of dough! EEEEEEEEK!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I hate fast food joints and chain restaurants usually but recently ate in Uno Chicago grill where I was served a Harvest pizza, with garlic roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelised onions, spinach, broccoli and cheddar and mozzarella on a thin base....it was the finest thing I have tasted in a long time and "I'm only going to have half" ended up as "oh dear, I shouldn't be licking the plate should I?". I'm now craving it again...big time...but at 1000 cals almost, I'd have to do one hell of a workout to justify it.

At home I make a pizza with my own homemade sauce, a tortilla instead of bread base and lots of veggies....it's very yummy...but not quite enough to get over my Uno craving!!! :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hot peppers, red onions and pineapple smothered in mozzarella << that's a pizza. The awesome thing is, it tastes almost as good on a pita as it does on a fluffy 15-inch crust. Okay, I'm lying.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    pizza was actually made for the poor people in italy. It was cheap to make and filled up the poor people. I really dislike pizza , i don't like it what so ever.....
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Pizza Express Gustosa for me. 440 calories for the whole pizza, and it's delicious.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I make my own; thin, crispy base, tomato sauce with herbs and lots of garlic, thin slices of onion, canned tuna, minced garlic and a sprinkling of cheese, with a dash of mixed herbs on top. Baked on a pizza stone :D Om nom nom :D
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry. argh.

it's a hobby :)

men who love to make pizza are awesome in my book!
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Green chile on pizza is the best. Can't get it on pizzas in Texas, but you can at my house. :)
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Since I tried my SO's home made pizzas, that's the only one I crave. Works out well for my diet since we see eachother maybe one weekend a moth these days, but when he gets back it might make everything much harder.
  • bsalis76
    Options
    My favorites from a local-ish pizza parlor...

Napoli
    Double tomato sauce, double cheese, anchovies, marinated olives, roasted garlic and basil

The Giant
    A mixture of royal prawns, calamari rings, mussels, baby octopus all marinated with roasted garlic, parsley layered on a tomato sauce and cheese base served with a wedge of lemon

East of Eden
    Tomato sauce, cheese, royal prawns, crab meat, anchovies, roasted garlic and oregano
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I dont eat a ton of pizza, but when we do - we have a Boston Pizza near me - my fave is a little 4 slice pizza - with peperoni,mozzarella, pineapple mushrooms, green olives and goats cheese.. so delicious.. I only have it once every few months.. mmm I'm hungry now for pizza.