30 day shred depression

Options
2»

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'll stick with it (after taking today off and as a cheat day diet wise...I'm slightly hungover and needed a coke!) - if nothing else it will give me the stamina and strength to take the next step. :-)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    see to me i don't want to go on those strict diets that they make for these kind of thing b/c it's not realistic. Most people won't be able to carry out a diet like that for life to stay in that shape. I know myself that if i did, i would set myself up to fail big time... why go strict to get results but can't hang onto it for a life time and gain it back.... so i try to do everything in moderation if i can and as healthy as i can at that current time and hopefully still get some results that i can hang onto for forever... I know i just completed the 30ds at the end of dec and i didn't see much results ( maybe b/c i didn't do her diet with it, who knows). I only lost 2 lbs and 1 inch off my hips, thighs and waist. I got those results within the 1st 2 weeks, so it pumped me to keep going but in the end i didn't see anything else....

I have 30DS and there is no diet that goes along with it, unless you mean the one she sells through her website? They're not really connected.

she does mention a diet plan on level 3. she mentions that if you have stuck with her diet and you are at level 3 now you should see those abs poking through or something like that.
    i personally will not do diets even if they come with a dvd as it's too restrictive and i would never keep it up in normal life .
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I see. I always get bored before I finish level 2 and haven't done 3 yet. I watched it on fast-forward once. :-)

I'm attempting this time around to get through a full 30 days, though.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    i'm mixing it up a little - I did 4 days level 1, 1 day level 2, then 3 days level 1 then 1 day level 2 etc etc, to make it less boring.
  • rml_16
    Options
    i'm mixing it up a little - I did 4 days level 1, 1 day level 2, then 3 days level 1 then 1 day level 2 etc etc, to make it less boring.

I don't think that would work for me. The workout is effective for sure, but just not fun at all. Jillian is too hard-core and I HATE, HATE, HATE that awful music in the background. So, it's not the exercise itself but the presentation. But I need to push through that and finish just to see if it makes a difference in my body, though I do other exercise along with it.

This morning was the Shred and then Sweatin' to the Oldies, which never bores me. :-) Every Monday evening I do Zumba with friends, I do yoga at lunchtime, run on Thursday nights and Sundays and my elliptical sometimes. I didn't get up early enough to work out yesterday morning, so after work I did the Shred and then the elliptical. Tomorrow, The Boyfriend leaves for work at 4:30, so I can do my elliptical after Shredding in the morning (it's in my bedroom, so I can't get on it while he's sleeping).
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Oh, I know 10 days is nothing, I'm just jealous of other peoples losses. Heh, green eyed monster and all that!

I've definitely noticed my legs feel more muscled, which is pretty amazing for 10 days.

thanks all.

I have a little bit of weight loss envy on times! LOL

Im doing the shred now and i will be doing Day #3 Level 1 tonight. I hope I am able to see some results by the end of all of this, cause I am getting my butt kicked!!! haha
  • Smuterella
    Options
    rml_16: That is impressive, I really don't have the fitness level for much more than the shred right now. I think I'm going to build up by doing this, then some other Jillian vids and then maybe something a bit more hardcore. Working out at home definitely suits me more than the gym.

What is Sweatin' to the Oldies?
  • rml_16
    Options
    rml_16: That is impressive, I really don't have the fitness level for much more than the shred right now. I think I'm going to build up by doing this, then some other Jillian vids and then maybe something a bit more hardcore. Working out at home definitely suits me more than the gym.

What is Sweatin' to the Oldies?
    An old Richard Simmons DVD. Basically aerobics and dance moves to 1950s and '60s music. It's tons of fun to do.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Ooh, sounds amazing! I'm a vintage loving girl myself so might be just the thing for me. :-) Thanks
  • gillianmckane
    Options
    Hi

Yes I have the same problem- I only weigh 119lbs so I dont really want to loose too much weight but i'd love to loose inches off my thighs and knees. I am starting level 2 tonight (which I beyond HATE!!) but i measured myself after day 7 and nothing! I will still measure myself once a week - next time will be day 13 and i'd love to see a difference. Only thing is i think my legs look a bit more toned in the mirror?? I did the shred before but started it at the end of November - really stupid time with all the xmas parties etc i feel off the wagon and didnt get beyond day 22 (with lots of gaps.) This time i'm only allowing myself 1 day off a week and am determined to finish it! Plan to do either ripped in 30 or killer buns and thighs after.