Bottom Heavy Girls

Options

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting a smaller bottom or a larger top?

Preferably a smaller bottom.

You can't spot reduce, but stairs will help.
  • pwnstar
    pwnstar Posts: 15
    Options
    Ahh, I'm in the exact same position! I was a 9, but the last pair of paints I bought was 11:/ And somehow, I still fit into small tops. So ridiculous..

I've been trying to add in a few short reps of squats and lunges to each workout, hoping to build lean muscles in my thighs/butt. I actually was kind of fond of my curvy backside, but the boyfriend isn't as big of a fan, and admittedly it would be nice to not have to wear a belt with every single pair of pants I own...
  • perrywinkles
    Options
    Just find a man who Loooooves your booty! ;) My husband loves mine so i dont have to feel so bad im a pear lol

14976450.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • valwes04
    Options
    I'm of no help. I'm keeping my large bottom.

YES to this! Me too!
  • MistyGo
    MistyGo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    if you want to slim down you bottom half you will need to do a lot of strenght trainning with light weight and high reps. Lungs are key as well. Leg curls, Leg extensions, dead lifts, Hip Flexor adduction and abduction, squats are all good. doing 3 sets 20-25 reps 20-30 lbs. The first 10 rep will be easy since the weight is light keep doing the rep till the muscel till it gets tired. Also walking a treadmill that can do and incline of 15-21% helps
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just find a man who Loooooves your booty! ;) My husband loves mine so i dont have to feel so bad im a pear lol

14976450.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My fiance loves mine, but I'm not comfortable with it. I don't mind so much when I'm fully dressed, but some things are heard to wear with this shape, like bikinis, short shorts and shorter dresses.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    if you want to slim down you bottom half you will need to do a lot of strenght trainning with light weight and high reps. Lungs are key as well. Leg curls, Leg extensions, dead lifts, Hip Flexor adduction and abduction, squats are all good. doing 3 sets 20-25 reps 20-30 lbs. The first 10 rep will be easy since the weight is light keep doing the rep till the muscel till it gets tired. Also walking a treadmill that can do and incline of 15-21% helps

I'll definitely try this :) Thank you!! I'd be happy if I could tighten & tone it up.
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I have always had this problem, my pants have always been a couple of sizes bigger than my tops... and then the pants gape and bag around the waist.

I have always hated it but have had many compliments from men and women on my figure and bum... I guess everyone want's what they haven't got :P

As previously suggested, just work on toning your bum area and build your shoulders a little. I do martial arts which was a great way to build my upper body, also makes what boobs you do have look amazing when they are supported by a bit of muscle :)
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Basically....I agree with what's said...you need to find out if it's hip structure...because if it's bones..no amount of lunges or squats will help. I'm blessed that way (Lol) and well....I know it's probably never going to change. I will except that. But...usually I've heard weight loss starts at the waist..so if it is not structure...you may see a difference in time.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you can't change genetics! No amount of exercise will get rid of my pear shape. I am 5'7" and as a skinny teenager (115 pounds), I was still pear shaped and had a butt and hips. Exercise can't change genetics, period.

I have lost almost 30 pounds and have lost all over, some from my waist, hips, butt, arms, etc. but my bottom half is, and will always be, larger than my top.
  • SharryC
    SharryC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I believe weight loss follows a last on first off rule. So while burning fat your body will systematically burn off places fat was most recently stored, and then eventually get to the areas where fat has been the longest. Stick with it and you'll get to where you want to be. If it is your bone structure, You may have a wider bottom than you want at the end, but it will not be fat! and the advise to do the shoulder work outs is good stuff. build muscle at top while burning fat at the bottom. Sounds like a plan. I have a great video that I use. The Firm. It mixes free weights with cardio and believe me you feel results fast. check it out. also Julianne Michaels get shredded is a good work out (don't really care for her but the video is good)
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not the only one out there with a fairly small top and a wider bottom.
    I wear a small top and a size 9 bottom. I have to wear a belt though because my waist is too small for a 9.
    I know you can't choose where you lose weight, but is there ANYTHING that can be done to even myself out a little?

oh my! i never thought i would hear someone else describe the same situation as me!!

small top, big legs, no waist and no butt.

i dont think there is any evening it out...its like man if im gonna have these legs can i get the *kitten* too please?!

you are not alone! :)
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Here's what I did to sort my problem out a few years ago..
    Being a size 8 bottom and an XS on top (@#$#$!!!), I started to workout on my body overall, which included shoulder workouts to widen the top and squats/lunges, etc etc to reduce the bottom. It's still a work in progress but I do see visible improvements. I also run about 4 miles everyday, which helps reduce the BF%.

If you want to get started, I recommend this link http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html in addition to some cardio and a Carb-Protein-Fat ratio of 40-40-30.
  • Kalani2012
    Options
    " FAT BOTTOM GIRLS ..WE MAKE THIS ROCKING WORLD GO ROUND" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that!!
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    " FAT BOTTOM GIRLS ..WE MAKE THIS ROCKING WORLD GO ROUND" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My mother used to joke that the song "Fat Bottom Girls" was written about me.

I'm just hoping that eventually I will start losing some weight from my hip/butt area.

My dad still to this day says that about me. Haha.
    some one sung it at me while cycling. decided to take it as a compliment.
    I have the same issues with trousers the only thing I can say is like JL and Beyonce - if youve got it flaunt it . You are not a 'fat bottomed girl', you are a gorgeous pear shape with a beautiful booty. I leearned to love my bum by
    1. no allowing myself to ever call my self 'fat bottomed' and every time I thought it I corrected myself to something nicer.
    2. dress to impress you can fake an hour glass by broadending your shoulders (structured shoulders) and belting that tiny waist.
    have a look on here:
    http://www.channel4.com/4beauty/style/dress-for-your-body-shape/pear

and revel in your body!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My mother used to joke that the song "Fat Bottom Girls" was written about me.

I'm just hoping that eventually I will start losing some weight from my hip/butt area.

My dad still to this day says that about me. Haha.
    some one sung it at me while cycling. decided to take it as a compliment.
    I have the same issues with trousers the only thing I can say is like JL and Beyonce - if youve got it flaunt it . You are not a 'fat bottomed girl', you are a gorgeous pear shape with a beautiful booty. I leearned to love my bum by
    1. no allowing myself to ever call my self 'fat bottomed' and every time I thought it I corrected myself to something nicer.
    2. dress to impress you can fake an hour glass by broadending your shoulders (structured shoulders) and belting that tiny waist.
    have a look on here:
    http://www.channel4.com/4beauty/style/dress-for-your-body-shape/pear

and revel in your body!

oh and a sewing machine is your best friend I had a revelation when i discovered i could take in the waists of my trousers and skirts so they sat straight on my hips. it was an amazing thing and i fell so much better without the danger of flashing stuff when i crouch! amazing what it does for confidence when something fits and you have made it do that!
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    I love my bottom curves, and the men like it too! Learn to love it, its how you were made! I have a friend who lost 135 lbs, and completey lost her butt! She looks so good, but completely lost her sexiness.
    Accentuate the positives, and find a good tailor to take in the waist of your pants.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I was a size 10/12 bottom and a medium top. Whenever I initially lose the weight I am small on top and maybe a 8/10 bottom. Always had big legs & butt HA! I'm now a size 4 (w/ breathing room) but it took A LOT of work. Run Run Run (outside/treadmill) whatever you prefer. Interval running/HiiT is the way for it to all go and trim that bottom. I'd rather save the butt and hips but that's just me.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I would recommend auditioning for a hip hop video promptly.

But to answer your question, there's really nothing you can do about it aside from reducing bodyfat further. Also, you should check to be sure whether the issue is bodyfat or hip/bone structure.

LMAO hip hop video