When are you going to be done with MFP?

Options
It's strange to think about, since logging food has become an everyday routine for me. But someday we're all going to stop using the app or the website to count calories. Can you imagine life without MFP? Are you afraid your bad habits will return?

Personally, once I reach my UGW and use the app to help me maintain for a bit, I'll probably stop coming on here. Although I might still lurk the forums a bit.

How about you?

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Never. It has an option for maintaining. I can't do it without MFP.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know really.. I like counting calories, so I think I might continue so I can maintain once I reach my goal. I love the forums too, and I enjoy helping people and motivating people when I can.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Never. It has an option for maintaining. I can't do it without MFP.

This, I never want to quit I want to keep it off, I'm not losing weight, I never want to find it again.
  • gfunkamo
    Options
    Having the MFP app on my iPhone is a great help now and after using it everyday for 12 days already I think it will just become part of my daily routine.

So I actually don't know!

I don't think I'll stop the day reach my goal weight though!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Well I got down to my goal weight and entered maintenance mode last September. I pretty much quit using MFP. Even though I was still working out just as hard I did let the diet slip a little. At first I was able to maintain but then when the holidays arrived I kinda fell off the wagon. So now I am back on MFP (with a new username) and trying to lose a bit of weight and achieve an overall higher fitness level. Logging on MFP keeps me accountable and I am going to continue to do so for a LONG LONG time.

My recommendation once you reach goal weight is to develop new goals...tone this area, improve running time, etc. In order to keep ya accountable and maintaining your goal weight . I think its important to still have fitness and lifestyle goals to keep you from losing the good habits.
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I got down to my goal weight and entered maintenance mode last September. I pretty much quit using MFP. Even though I was still working out just as hard I did let the diet slip a little. At first I was able to maintain but then when the holidays arrived I kinda fell off the wagon. So now I am back on MFP and trying to lose a bit of weight and achieve an overall higher fitness level. Logging on MFP keeps me accountable and I am going to continue to do so for a LONG LONG time.

My recommendation once you reach goal weight is to develop new goals...tone this area, improve running time, etc. In order to keep ya accountable and maintaining your goal weight . I think its important to still have fitness and lifestyle goals to keep you from losing the good habits.

I like that last part. That is a very good idea so you don't fall back into lazy habits. We can all always improve on something. :)
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I plan on use MFP forever. LOL. Once I get to my goal I am planning on using it to maintain and continue counting. Up keep is going to be important.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! LOL:laugh:
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I have to count calories. When i don't i'm shocked at the portions i eat. I have to see the numbers. Sucks being such a weight gainer.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That's like asking, "When are you going to catch an ultralight to the moon?"
    I expect to be here at least 5 years after reaching my goal. By then I should be on autopilot, but really, I can't see myself eliminating it. I'm sure I will always log.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think it depends... my reasons are more personal and less fitness related. I get a little too caught up in things here, and I create a lot of drama in my life sometimes. So... if that continues at some point I am going to leave.
  • Hart2008
    Hart2008 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 3 years and can't imagine ever going without MFP! It helps me stay on track - don't think I could do so without it.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on leaving. Haven't used the site for logging in quite some time, mostly social now, keeping up with people who went thru the same thign I did, ones that are like me now (lost some, gained some, losing again). The friendships I've formed on MFP are some of the strongest I've ever had.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Someone just asked me this a couple of weeks ago. I said never. This is a lifestyle change for me, so I will be using MFP for the rest of my life.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Probably never .. I love this site! When I hit maitenance I'll still stick around because I love seeing my friends =)
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    ( insert evil villan laugh) never!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I quit logging over the holidays and put on weight ( 8 lbs from Oct-Dec). Obviously, I am unable to maintain without MFP just yet. I will keep at it though. Eventually, I hope to be able to just eat naturally (healthily), work out, and the scale stays steady...and no logging.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm maintaining I plan to use MFP as long as I possibly can. It has helped me in so many ways. Right now, I don't plan to ever stop using it.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    part of maintenance is continuing to monitor your intake, I'll be on here probably forever! ;)
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    I reached my goal weight about 6 months ago. I continue to log everyday. I have now logged over 500 days in a row. It helps me maintain my focus on eating right.