Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

ideas for high protein , snack welcome

Hi I am trying to fill up on foods that keep me full for longer - at the mo I am finding hard boiled eggs and tuna useful - does anyone have any ideas for other high protein snacks / meals - they would be very welcome

thanks

Replies

• Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Homemade beef jerky
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    cottage cheese, humous, peanut butter, roast soy beans
  • robinkea
    robinkea Posts: 2 Member
    i like raw almonds (12-15 of them); hummus and veges; mini Babybell cheese and an apple; yogurt and fruit
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Cheese stick. Pistachio nuts.
  • Blaizen
    Blaizen Posts: 16
    I really like having an apple dipped in greek yogurt. Fills me up every time.
  • sounds interesting - how do you make that?
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Protein pudding.

Info and how to make it here:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

I am going to try making some for the first time tonight!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Jelly cat do you REALLY need instructions for how to make apple dipped in yoghurt?

Forgive me if I'm missing something - I'd cut an apple into wedges, slice off the pips, get a small pot of greek yoghurt, and dip the slices into the yoghurt.
  • Apogies it was the beef jerky I was interested in ... Am a techno phobe .... Yr apple sounds delish!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Jelly cat do you REALLY need instructions for how to make apple dipped in yoghurt?

Forgive me if I'm missing something - I'd cut an apple into wedges, slice off the pips, get a small pot of greek yoghurt, and dip the slices into the yoghurt.
    Snot!
  • Peanut butter with apple chunks
    Crab sticks
    Nuts
    Veggies and houmous
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Yoplait Greek Yogurt. They are yummy!!! About 160 cal and 12-14g of protein.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    sounds interesting - how do you make that?

Do you mean the home made beef jerky? I would be interested to know how that's made too!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    beef jerky, hummus, peanut butter (with celery), greek yogurt (sometimes with protein powder)
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    My go-to protein snacks are protein bars, 100% Whey protein shakes, oatmeal, peanut butter, cottage cheese, egg whites, tuna.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Pure Protein Bars. They have 180 to 200 Calories and pack 20 grams of protein per bar and they taste so good!
  • JoanMay
    JoanMay Posts: 2 Member
    Body By Vi Shakes !! They are great for protein and help you get healthy!
  • Pure Protein bars are my favorite too! I subscribe on Amazon to get them delivered automatically for a discounted price. I eat 1-2 a day in between meals. With a full glass of water and a Pure Protein bar, I usually stay full for 2-3 hours.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I have made Jamie Eason's pumpkin protein bars, I think they taste pretty good, this makes 24 servings but I cut it into 12 and call it 2 servings each:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html
    It's not a ton of protein, I guess-8 grams for the 2 squares (1/12)
    I also like greek yogurt-chobani is my fave but oikos is good too.
  • lisabee77
    lisabee77 Posts: 13 Member
    OS Trim Snacks from GNC - they taste like pepperoni but they are ostrich - much leaner.
    Greek yogurt smoothie with protein powder and almond milk
    Cottage cheese and almonds
    Pure protein bars