Options
2»

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I hold stitch and B**** sessions on skype, which are really good. I get to talk to my long distance friends without having to put my crafting down :P That and cheap long distance phone calls, otherwise it's pretty pointless

Stitch and *****! That is great.

I use Skype to talk to anyone I can - my family back home in California, any of the ladies in my life who are not currently in my home, my friend who are scattered all over the country, friends who live across state line in Washington with buses that don't come over this way past six. My sister lives in LA, and her man lives in Quebec, they use it daily to talk and hang out, and drink, and eat dinner, etc.
  • kaybillie
    Options
    I think l am pleased that l DON'T use skype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    well i was able to talk with a friend i hadn't talked to in a while one i grew up with
  • krisss30
    Options
    I used to date someone that had to move and we talked "face to face" that way. Of course, we are not together anymore, but it was kinda nice to "see" him.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I think I am one of the biggest fans of skype ever. I use it all the time! I am originally from the UK, but have lived here in Mali, West Africa for 15 years now. Skype has literally transformed life for me and my family. I can contact my parents, siblings and friends whenever I like without worrying about the cost, but it has been a special blessing for my kids in terms of their relationship with their grandparents. They can regularly not only speak to but also see one another. We only get to go "home" to UK once every 2 years, so this is SO important. (My kids are 12, 10 and 6). The best example for me was when my youngest was 3 and we went back to England. My parents came to meet us at the airport, and my little girl went running to my Dad shouting "Grandad!" The elder two had never done that at her age (there was always that awkward few days of getting to know their grandparents all over again. Photos and phone calls are OK, but "seeing" someone regularly is different). My Dad just melted - and the relationship between my parents and my kids that summer was better than it had EVER been.

I LOVE SKYPE!

I also use it regularly for meetings with other people working in similar area to me but in other African countries. Communication technology is helping Africa in so many areas.
  • MrScottiePants9
    Options
    Anyone have any funny stories involving Skype? I had an embarrassing story.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If I am to be quite honest about this... I've seen a few naked guys and ladies (on purpose) while using Skype. It's GREAT for long distance relationships. I've used it to talk to friends in Australia (naked Aussie, surprised by that one) and Africa. My parents use it to talk to my stepbro and his family in Arizona. I :heart: Skype.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    awwwwwwww, all the funny pictures were deleted.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    SKype was priceless when my new niece was born, to be able to see a newborn loved one was awesome.

Also, I used it as a semi "baby sitter." I cleaned the kitchen while my niece and nephew were skyping with their sisters across the country....it was a good occupier for children for a while!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options

Do tell, scottie808. What is that embarrassing story?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Do tell, scottie808. What is that embarrassing story?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    BUMP!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    BUMP!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    weird. What happened?