How Much Water Do You Drink?

Options
Based on a trainer's advice as well as a few internet calculations, I've been given the recommendation to consume approximately a gallon of water per day. I am around 5'5 and currently weigh 244lbs.

How much do you consume?

Do you also feel like a camel? ;)

Replies

• Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I'm like a mermaid right now!
    I drink 10 - 12 glasses a day but I love water! :D
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I strive for eight 8 oz. glasses/day...sometimes it's a little less, sometimes it's a little more. I don't belong to the "you must drink insane amounts of water daily" camp, though plenty of people are quite happy doing so.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    100-125 oz. / day.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lotta water is easy for me. I've done that long before I started on MFP. I'm almost constantly with a glass of water or iced green tea. So, whatever the recommended amount is, I guarantee I'm way over it.

I'm putting a lotta wear and tear on my shoes, though, with all the trips to the men's room. :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Personally I aim for 8 * 1 cup of water. However, I also run and wonder if I should try and up it...
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    100-125 oz. / day.

^
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    about 4-5 cups. I figure I get the rest through my food. I'm on campus all day and having to pee constantly is too annoying
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Around 8-10 glasses a day. I wonder if there are health benefits to drinking much more than this though, like many people on here do.
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    I drink 16-22 glasses a day.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I drink about 14 - 8 oz glasses a day.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    10 - 12 glasses and yes I do spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    no less than 100....and I don't count seltzer water which is about a liter a day on top of the water
  • mebras3775
    Options
    between 8 and 12 glasses of water a day
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I probably drink 80-100 oz. per day. I carry around a camelback water bottle pretty much all day. Then of course there is the tea I drink in the morning and such, which is debatable on whether or not that counts towards water intake. But I would say I come pretty close to the gallon you were recommended.
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink a good 72 ounces (9 glasses) at work, then more at the gym or at home (which I don't track as much)
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Trying to get to 8 glasses but stuck at 6!!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i drink 104 oz a day (13 cups)
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 bottles..which is 8-10 glasses. More on a run day.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    About a gallon.

At work I get a 2L pitcher and fill it with ice water, usually drink that throughout the entire shift. Not counting the Litre in my smoothie, and the litre or two i drink before/during/after my workout.

Half my daily intake is shakes since I don't like eating at work, so that always puts me up pretty high.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Over a gallon. I have consumed a gallon already today.