Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is this a good breakfast?

Hi I was just wondering if this was a healthy breakfast to eat everyday:

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 medium sized apple baked in the microwave with a little bit of cinnamon and truvia on it
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1 egg and 1 egg white - scrambled

sometimes i don't eat the eggs though. myfitnesspal says this is around 360 calories. is it bad to eat eggs everyday? is this too many calories for breakfast? thanks!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    I'd eat it.
  • sounds good. maybe not eat eggs every day but you could try switching to an egg substitute or one with egg whites only.
  • Sounds pretty rounded to me - Oatmeal and apple slow release energy. Milk for calcium. Can you get Omegga3 rich eggs? probs only change I'd make.

Nom nom.. I'm coming your house for breakkie!!!! :laugh:
  • It's high carb, only a problem if you watch your carbs...well, and if you also eat high carb all day long, lol...but very nutritious...I love baked apples with cinnamon...man they're yummy.
  • i'll look for omega 3 eggs or maybe just a carton of egg whites. thanks everyone :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    If it fits into your daily calorie counts, why not?
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    If it fits into your daily calorie counts, why not?

I 2nd this.

Also, I'd eat that, sounds delicious and full or nutrients. Fab.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I'd have either the oatmeal or the eggs, though they both sound excellent choices for breakfast!

Yes, it's Ok to eat eggs every day.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Sounds good to me! :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I eat eggs daily...I don't see a problem with it! YUM
  • IM STARVING RIGHT NOW. LOL.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    This sounds like a good breakfast. Instead of the egg, Imight put a tablespoon of peanut butter on the apple (if eaten raw) or mix into the oatmeal - that is rather yummy!
  • If it fits into your daily calorie counts, why not?
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    It depends what your daily calorie allowance is. I try (but am not always successful) to divide my calories evenly over breakfast, lunch and supper, trying to keep around 200 for snacks. If I ate that breakfast, I'd have to starve the rest of the day. lol. But if it fits into your calories, it sounds awesome!
  • My husband eats eggs (3!) 6 outta 7 days a week, and the stinker is incredibly slim. He's TRYING to bulk up, and I'm TRYING to slim down.
    I read Jillian Michaels' "Master Your Metabolism", and while I'm not 100% on board with what the book says, it did give me a great basis for meals: Grains and fruits and dairy for breakfast; protein, veggies, and carbs for lunch; fruits/veggies/nuts/dairy for afternoon snacks; protein and veggies for dinner (no carbs!)!
    My daily diet has greatly changed since reading the book! So much more balanced! Yeah!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    That is basically my breakfast! I've been trying something different with my oatmeal though: After my oatmeal is ready (from microwave) I mix egg beaters (the equivalent of 1 egg) right in. It gives it an extra creaminess, almost like rice pudding or custard. I love it! Plus I don't need to cook an egg but I still get the added protein.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    I'd eat it :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    This sounds like a good breakfast. Instead of the egg, Imight put a tablespoon of peanut butter on the apple (if eaten raw) or mix into the oatmeal - that is rather yummy!

this

I put peanut butter in my oatmeal too and it's mm mm good! add some raisins/craisins/chopped almonds mmmmmmmmm
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Categorizing food as 'good' or 'bad' is a fallacy.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I'd eat it.

me too!