What is for supper?

Options
2»

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thai prawn fish cakes with pea puree and potato wedges :)

those fish cakes sound yummy!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry with tuna and a scrambled egg and lots of veggies over brown rice. I like it. :happy:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Pot roast in the crock pot. The smell is gorgeously torturing me :heart:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm having a Zucchini, black bean and brown rice skillet. I'm going to add some ground turkey to it as well with taco seasoning...DH is having tacos.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat all my food by using the low GI diet, so anything really, I even have normal chicken kormas with white rice and just make sure I do some exercise on top of it. The main aim of the GI diet is to control sugar levels so the only things I really need to worry about is bread, potatoes and sweets. I can even eat a bit of milk chocolate when I get a craving for it! If you fancy chips (or crisps if American I believe?! Don't quote me on that!) just cut some sweet potato up and oven bake! So basically what I am trying to say is I eat everything as normal but just swap for healthier options.
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A martini!

Joking, probably Special K with strawberries....nom nom! :happy:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts breaded with egg white and bread crumbs, baked with a little olive oil at the bottom of the pan. We will also have a salad made with romaine lettuce, and asian style frozen veggies.
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Turkey and Lentil curry with basmati rice and salad, really enjoyed it!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Today is just grilled cheese and tomato soup, but yesterday we had herbed zucchini rice casserole w/ chicken mixed in: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-herb-casserole/, the day before we had Alton Brown's baked mac and cheese: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html, chicken tortilla soup: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegetarian-tortilla-soup/, and grilled sea bass and grilled balsamic veggies before that.

I like to search websites like Cooking Light that separate recipes by category (like best chili) and then get ideas for things to make that way when I am stuck in a rut. If you have a cookbook or recipe file, pull it out and flip through-- you may rediscover an old favorite. GL!
  • PhilG311
    Options
    im not sure whats for dinner tonight...and YES i feel like we eat the same things all the time!!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Campbells Light New England pot toast and vegetable soup (160 cal), grilled cheese (115 cals) and if I need a little more, I'll dig into some marinated asparagus that is 10 calories per 6 spears.

That'll leave me almost 400 calories for munchies if I need them.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    [-1 bag of shirataki noodles = 40 cals (in the tofu, refrigerated section near the veggies..wierd teture for some, but tastes the same as pasta)

I LOVE those noodles...after I rinsed them...they had a funny odor :)
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    veggies with laughing cow cheese
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Pulled pork made with pork tenderloin and cold slaw tossed with yogurt based blue cheese dressing
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Open Nature smoked andouille chicken sausage, baked sweet potato, and fresh green beans.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    A variation of a stuffed cabbage casserole recipe from skinnytaste.com. I cut the recipe in 1/2, didn't use any oil and used ground turkey in place of ground beef. It makes four huge servings for only 320 calories each. I've never had it before but it smells great cooking. I can't wait to eat!

Original Recipe (if anyone is interested)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html#more
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for giving me ideas!! I've heard a lot about this skinnytaste.com I'm going to put it in my favorites. :smile:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for giving me ideas!! I've heard a lot about this skinnytaste.com I'm going to put it in my favorites. :smile:

Skinnytaste.com is great! I also use Food Network, Cooking Light, Weight Watchers, Eating Well, and many more. If you have Pinterest message me and I will link you my food board. About 95% of the recipes are low(er) calorie on there.