Obesity and being beautiful. Same thing or not?

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    eye roll.

I don't agree that "everyone" is beautiful. Also, I don't think body composition is the only thing that impacts your level of beauty, imho, actions have a huge impact on whether you're beautiful.

But c'mon.....physical attractiveness is not present in all humans. It's just a fact. Sorry.

Everyone is beautiful to someone.

I agree that everyone can be beautiful to someone but your odds are greater if you are slim and gawjus...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    And how many British men drooled over Ruth Jones as Nessa? She was HUGE, and many a jaw dropped. Because she was smart, she was confident, she was hilariously funny...

Her beauty was far beyond her large body size. But her largeness was also part of her beauty.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ^^^this!!!! she is beautiful on the inside and out! you should probably work on your insides....

Love U Arsie :heart:
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Lol are we on the Weight Watchers message boards?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    how rude. its funny that the one person on here that is talking about how not everyone is beautiful....is not the most attractive person either lol
    I think she's beautiful. And hot.

Right back at Ya Sugar! :heart:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    eye roll.

I don't agree that "everyone" is beautiful. Also, I don't think body composition is the only thing that impacts your level of beauty, imho, actions have a huge impact on whether you're beautiful.

But c'mon.....physical attractiveness is not present in all humans. It's just a fact. Sorry.

WOW...and the skinny b*tches come rolling out. Everyone has some type of beauty to them. It might not just be looks, but everyone is beautiful in some way. To be so shallow as to look at someone's physcal looks and judge on their beauty is an ugly thing to do. But to look at someone who may not have super model looks and say they are beautiful because of their bubbly personality is something that can make you beautiful. And just because one person may think someone is "ugly" or unattractive doesn't mean that there's someone out there who thinks they are VERY attractive. It's all about personal preference really.

umm did you actually read her reply or just jump her & call her a ***** (V Rude btw) because it offended YOU in some way?? she said that body composition WASN'T the only definition of beauty, what is wrong with you people, ffs.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    how rude. its funny that the one person on here that is talking about how not everyone is beautiful....is not the most attractive person either lol

personality is more indicative of beautiful/ugly...and you just proved yourself the "ugliest" person on this thread.

Just because she does not believe "everyone is beautiful" is NO reason to go and call her unattractive.

At least she does not feel the need to wear an extreme excess of makeup and flaunt a disgusting amount of cleavage therefore making herself appear cheap and sleazy like some people do....

kisses to you Robin :heart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    eye roll.

WOW...and the skinny b*tches come rolling out. Everyone has some type of beauty to them. It might not just be looks, but everyone is beautiful in some way. To be so shallow as to look at someone's physcal looks and judge on their beauty is an ugly thing to do. But to look at someone who may not have super model looks and say they are beautiful because of their bubbly personality is something that can make you beautiful. And just because one person may think someone is "ugly" or unattractive doesn't mean that there's someone out there who thinks they are VERY attractive. It's all about personal preference really.

umm did you actually read her reply or just jump her & call her a ***** (V Rude btw) because it offended YOU in some way?? she said that body composition WASN'T the only definition of beauty, what is wrong with you people, ffs.

Thanks Beccy :heart:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Right back at Ya Sugar! :heart:
    :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to read all the responses...someone said they made her cranky.

OP said being morbidly obese wasn't healthy. That doesn't mean not beautiful. One can be obese and beautiful. Another can be healthy and quite ugly.

True.

And there's a reasonable amount of evidence to support the 'healthy at all weights' view of the world too.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

And I suppose you are miss universe? I don't think so. she is right, not everyone is beautiful, but beauty does come from the inside as well as the outside, so a drop dead gorgeous person, on the outside, can still be pretty damn ugly. As we have seen here.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow. How shallow can all of you be? When did we go from obesity is not healthy to fat and ugly people are ugly as *kitten*. You all have a lot of growing up to do.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I read an article a few years ago on beauty that I found especially interesting. It said that in most creatures who make mating choices beauty is measured by symmetry. In non-human tests they looked at opportunities to mate and the most symmetric animals in the species were presented with the most opportunities to mate. Humans were and simply asked to rank who was the most physically attractive from a panel and again those with the most symmetrical features were ranked at the top. One of the good things about humans is that humans have other attributes, not just physicality, that plays a roll in human attraction.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have seen beautiful obese people, but i have seen ugly ones too. I'm all for loving yourself for whatever you have/are but i don't agree with making morbid obesity something people strive for.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I do think everyone can be beautiful and weight is not a big factor in beauty. I think confidence, the way the person carries them self and a positive attitude extenuate and highlight a person to make them appear to be more beautiful.

What I do when it comes to weight vs self acceptance is I realize that not everyone shares my goals, believe it or not there are people who are perfectly happy being large, I support their decision and help them be the best them they can be. This life is short and we deserve to be happy and love our selves for who we are.
    :flowerforyou:

Hear hear!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    eye roll.

Did you actually read the entire post or just the first few words? To quote from it: "actions have a huge impact on whether you're beautiful".

Not everybody is beautiful. Ugliness starts in somebody's personality, not in how they look.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    what a topic! People are all worked up!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    Beauty comes from within; physical appearence is nothing but lust.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wow. How shallow can all of you be? When did we go from obesity is not healthy to fat and ugly people are ugly as *kitten*. You all have a lot of growing up to do.

Shame on you for obviously not reading responses on this post.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I totally get it. That's a really good way of looking at it.
    I honestly think that self-esteem is necessary in order to better onesself. Obviously, obesity is unhealthy (and uncomfortable!), but until a person accepts him or herself where he or she is, that person cannot make positive changes.

Basically, accept that you're a good and deserving person no matter your size and then realize that you're hurting your health.

"Beauty" is superficial, anyway. It wasn't that long ago that obesity was considered beautiful and thin and athletic was not.

I completely agree with this!