Options

tumblr10.jpg

So, to each their own ;-)

to me, THIS one is perfect.

i 2nd that
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    im from the UK too and agree she looks quite thin.. definatley a size 10!

She's thin by UK standards??? wow! lol Here in Toronto, she'd be trying to lose another 15 pounds! I see them in my office daily, perfectly healthy women and some men, trying to lose an absurd amount of weight, when they are clearly healthy and of perfect weight. This woman is spot on, I would just like to see her look a little more muscular! but that's a personal preference!

yeah shes not "skinny" but shes small lol i said she looks like a size 10, im a size 12 and im not really big, im more of an average size id say. Its strange how different places have different views!

Yes, it's crazy... In Montreal, she wouldn't be considered thin... It's sad, actually.

Remind me never to go to Canada..........here i am considered normal, over there I would be considered obese.

I don't necessarily think it's a Canadian thing. I too live in Toronto and a lot of people I know would consider her a good size (dare I say skinny even). There will always be people who aren't satisfied with their shape no matter what they look like.
  • benzihan13
    Options

To me, I think she's over done it at the gym. I prefer men to have muscles. Women were made for curves :) The veins on her arms look grose

I don't agree that "women were made for curves".
    What about naturally skinny women (not talking about muscular ones, just super thin women)? They aren't "real" women?

I think this lady has curves. I can totally understand that this wouldn't be someone's ideal body, but to say that a women HAS to have curves?

Well of course, every woman has hips and boobs right? and a waist - No matter how small they are. We are made for child bearing after all! Yes many women are naturally skinny, i'm not saying they are not real women at all lol! Each to their own, but personally I would rather be a hugging a man with muscles like that, not a woman.
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    I just had to comment on this because she's from my favorite show, America's Next Top Model! ...I'm a nerd. But I seriously love that show. She was the very first "plus-size" model to ever win the show in cycle 10. Her name is Whitney Thompson in case anyone wanted to look up more pictures of her. She's gorgeous :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dissapoint you
    but girl this size will have some celulitis and stomach pouch

she is defenitely photoshoped...
    or she is having expensive anti celulitis treatments

Photoshopped - yea probably

but a girl that size does not have to have cellulite or a stomach pouch - I've seen plenty who don't.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options

To me, I think she's over done it at the gym. I prefer men to have muscles. Women were made for curves :) The veins on her arms look grose

I don't agree that "women were made for curves".
    What about naturally skinny women (not talking about muscular ones, just super thin women)? They aren't "real" women?

I think this lady has curves. I can totally understand that this wouldn't be someone's ideal body, but to say that a women HAS to have curves?

Well of course, every woman has hips and boobs right? and a waist - No matter how small they are. We are made for child bearing after all! Yes many women are naturally skinny, i'm not saying they are not real women at all lol! Each to their own, but personally I would rather be a hugging a man with muscles like that, not a woman.

I can understand! I just think this women has curves (fake or not, lol!).
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Yeah she's got a nice body, but realistically, not many women can achieve a body like that! I know I cant!

Yeah you can, why not? Your face is actually prettier than hers.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dissapoint you
    but girl this size will have some celulitis and stomach pouch

she is defenitely photoshoped...
    or she is having expensive anti celulitis treatments

Not really, because cellulite is independent of body size, and it is genetically determined; a woman can be very thin, small and with low body fat and still have cellulite in her body. Age, hormonal changes, and a very thin dermis will accentuate the problem. It is the way the fat is deposited in the body (in lumps, rather than in a smooth way).
    Did you know that Nicole Kidman has cellulite, and that is why she is very seldom photographed in a swimming suit?
    I think that the young lady in the picture is beautiful and curvy.

http://www.cellulitetreatment.org/causes.html
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Ehh, I don't see what the other Brits here are saying really. Maybe because they're women and have a different standpoint, but I don't believe her to be thin at all. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being anorexic and 10 being obese, I would put her around a 5.

With that said, she's undoubtedly an attractive woman.

I have to agree with you.
    I'm not a Brit myself, but I am curious about this too. I've lived abroad and been friends with a number of English and Scottish women and they were about that size and definitely trying to get smaller. To the idea that no one over there likes the thin look.... I obviously can't speak for everyone, but there is a reason that Pippa Middleton's behind garnered such attention and she is quite a bit smaller than the woman featured.

I think the woman featured is quite beautiful and, if I had her proportions, I might be happy being that soft myself. As it is, I think my body looks better with more muscle and less fat.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Good grief. She's a size 10? I'm a 6 and she looks a heckofa lot better than I do! Sheesh.
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Wait, so because someone took offense because you posted your opinion in a public forum stating that you wish every single woman looked like a specific image when we are all on here trying to reach a goal...and generally an image based one (Mr. Poster included), she is labelled insecure and put down? REALLY?
    Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, but if someone disagrees with your opinion they are simply expressing a difference and you should respect that (especially when you post it in a public place and insist others respect you...).
    This post sucks and not because the women aren't beautiful (though the one in the oven freaks me out...talk about objectification), but because you want everyone to look a certain way and because you are not respectful of differing opinions.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I happen to like brunettes, since I'm one of them.

Also if I could switch bodies with her at this moment I would but then I'd hit the weights really hard to firm it all up. I'm not into the 6 pack abs look either but I do prefer an athletic look.

This!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I happen to like brunettes, since I'm one of them.

Also if I could switch bodies with her at this moment I would but then I'd hit the weights really hard to firm it all up. I'm not into the 6 pack abs look either but I do prefer an athletic look.

This!

You're already there.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options

tumblr10.jpg

So, to each their own ;-)

to me, THIS one is perfect.

The original post pic is "softer" than I have ever been or ever want to be. By US standards (around here at least) she would be considered "a little chubby".

So like they say, to each his own.

I like this picture too
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    this is probably airbrushed to the nth degree...
    Nope. I watched her whole cycle of America's Next Top Model. This is what she looked like. Gorgeous.
    I didn't say photoshopped. Airbrushed.

And I didn't say you did. I said THIS is what she looked like. The photo looks just like her on the TV show. Tan, free of cellulite, etc.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All of the woman in the pictures are very beautiful. But i wanna be me :)
  • Jeff92se
    Options

You are already pretty. If you want to improve on this, so be it.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

You are already pretty. If you want to improve on this, so be it.

• racheljoanne
    Options
    i find it weird that you think she has "love handles" she looks thin to me!
    I see how my mis-punctuation might've given the idea that I was saying *she* had love handles...I was saying, I personally like love handles.

Oh right, maybe i didnt read it properly :) Im still so shocked at the difference in views between two places!
  • racheljoanne
    Options
    reading other posts i realise that not everyone in the UK thinks she is "small" and not everyone in the USA thinks she is "big" ...
    fair enough she isnt very muscley or toned but i think shes a perfect size. i guess thats just my opinion tho :laugh: