What is your largest meal each day?

Options

Replies

• thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Snacks :-) Breakfast used to be first (probably 600 calories, no joke -- my cereal bowls are the size of mixing bowls) but since I've started measuring cereal breakfast is probably about tied with the rest of my other meals.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I typically eat continuously from about 6pm until bedtime. When I run out of calories I go to bed.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Totally depends

Some days its a 600 plus calorie breakfast others its dinner. It's never lunch though.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Dinner is the only meal I eat with my husband. I guess I'm a "social eater". I prefer a larger dinner with him, a lighter breakfast, and a lunch a little bigger than breakfast.
    I've heard the saying you mention, but will only do that if he is home (or my uncle is visiting) and I can make a big breakfast for both of us.
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My largest is breakfast, it took about a week but it makes sense....

I eat about 300 calories for my last "meal", by the time morning comes, I eat a larger meal to get going.
  • JennyLiz729
    Options
    Dinner is my largest meal of the day, because otherwise I'd start snacking late at night.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. I wake early, am naturally very active in the morning, and walk about 5 miles before breakfast every day. That's also when I'm hungriest. And I've found that (for me) a big breakfast reduces or eliminates cravings and snacking issues later in the day.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Dinner because I have more time to cook in the evening, and because I am done with my workouts. I don't like to spend too much time in the kitchen cooking for breakfast or lunch. Exception = eating out for lunch.
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    my meals tend to get larger through out the day

Small breakfast, medium sized lunch and large (ish) meal for dinner.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've heard the phrase "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper".

This is me!
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    still working on this, when at work it is lunch on my days off dinner and sometimes both. if i eat breakfast then I am hungery all day so it is always the lightst . sometimes I eat breakfast food for lunch and that is when I have a bay off.:flowerforyou:
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually my biggest meal, unless I will be doing yoga. I eat really light on yoga nights because it feels gross to do all that twisting with a full stomach. On those days, it's lunch. Never breakfast. I can't stand to eat a lot in the mornings.
  • 280to140
    Options
    Unless I'm eating out for lunch, dinner is always my biggest meal, especially in the winter, there's just something nice about sitting down to a huge hot meal when it's dark and cold out
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    definitely bfast! Most delish!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dinner always. I try to eat it earlier in the evening, or as early as i can depending on work
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I try to eat balanced (about 350 calories, four times per day). But inevitably dinner ends up being bigger than I want it to be. So, obviously I'm still working on it. XP
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Dinner or after dinnertime are my largest meals.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I kind of spread my food out evenly throughout the day most days. My snacks sometimes add up to more than a meal, because I tend to eat small meals with lots of veggies. I'm on an anti inflammatory diet that I am strict with myself on, because I'm using it for health reasons rather than weight loss. But a happy side effect of this food plan is weight loss. So, I'm improving my health and losing weight at the same time.
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dinner, by far, mainly because I have to cook for my whole family, and doing something separate just for myself would probably be too much work lol. If I breakfasted like a king then in order to keep my calorie count I'd be starved by dinner!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I try to make it either breakfast or lunch, but lately, it's been dinner because I'm starving at the end of the day.