In my very humble opinion...

Options

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    this is probably airbrushed to the nth degree...
    Nope. I watched her whole cycle of America's Next Top Model. This is what she looked like. Gorgeous.
    I didn't say photoshopped. Airbrushed.

And I didn't say you did. I said THIS is what she looked like. The photo looks just like her on the TV show. Tan, free of cellulite, etc.

I watched also, it was one of my favorite seasons. Her body on the show did look like this, but I agree with Q that this picture is airbrushed into perfection. Even the ones on ANTM are done this way. Tyra has mentioned multiple times that the photos that end up in judging are airbrushed, just like in the professional world.
  • racheljoanne
    Options
    Ehh, I don't see what the other Brits here are saying really. Maybe because they're women and have a different standpoint, but I don't believe her to be thin at all. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being anorexic and 10 being obese, I would put her around a 5.

With that said, she's undoubtedly an attractive woman.

I have to agree with you.

I wouldnt say she looks anorexic or even skinny, but she still looks thin to me. Maybe a 3 on your scale. She definatley doesnt look overweight at all in my opinion.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ive been to the UK, and I live in the US, I would think that by UK standards she would be thick and by US standards she would be thin....but I think we shouldnt strive to be "thin" just healthy, by whatever that means for your body type.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Not my preference, I partial to brunettes.

Looks like she used to be one, so you're probably ok.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love Whitney Thompson. She's one hell of a sexy pitch. Her body is my dream body.
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dissapoint you
    but girl this size will have some celulitis and stomach pouch

she is defenitely photoshoped...
    or she is having expensive anti celulitis treatments

Not always. I've been her size and never had an issue with cellulite or a pooch. Thick and healthy is different than thick and flabby.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not my preference, I partial to brunettes.

Looks like she used to be one, so you're probably ok.

If I remember correctly, yes, she was brunette before Tyra Banks decided she should be blonde.
  • racheljoanne
    Options
    Ehh, I don't see what the other Brits here are saying really. Maybe because they're women and have a different standpoint, but I don't believe her to be thin at all. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being anorexic and 10 being obese, I would put her around a 5.

With that said, she's undoubtedly an attractive woman.

I have to agree with you.
    I'm not a Brit myself, but I am curious about this too. I've lived abroad and been friends with a number of English and Scottish women and they were about that size and definitely trying to get smaller. To the idea that no one over there likes the thin look.... I obviously can't speak for everyone, but there is a reason that Pippa Middleton's behind garnered such attention and she is quite a bit smaller than the woman featured.

I think the woman featured is quite beautiful and, if I had her proportions, I might be happy being that soft myself. As it is, I think my body looks better with more muscle and less fat.

I wouldnt say people here dont like the thin look. i just think that people like to be more curvy rather than muscley.
    my sister is a size 6, and she isnt curvy at all, we were eating at an all you can eat restuarant earlier tonight and so many "bigger" people were staring at her, to the extent that she felt uncomfortable and had to put her cardigan on to "hide her bones" as she said!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm into brunettes with short hair.... and dark eyes... :)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh, ew. I would absolutely hate to live in a world where all women were expected or desired to look the same. Variety is the best!

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but I hate the wording of "this is what women should look like". Says who? :grumble:
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'll be larger than that size at my smallest but I have quite the badonk :blushing:
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Makes me feel totally inferior.

You'd look like that too if someone photoshopped you! =]
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dissapoint you

I'm going to have to agree with this. I do think she's beautiful and I think curves are awesome, but I've been thinner than her and still had a stomache pouch and cottage cheese thighs.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :wink: umm I think I need to get some photoshop software!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    *Gasp!* her thighs are touching! lol, I have always thought this was the Ideal, even when I was a teen, not so over weight things are starting to fold in, but not so skinny you see bones, I want to be like that nice and shapely and still pudgy, and soft like a pillow lol, I want to be comfy when my hubby cuttles me at night
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Prefer this.

stock-photo-sexy-pin-up-girl-in-the-kitchen-11290219.jpg
    THIS is the WORST pose I have ever ever seen.

It's just....illogical. If it implies shes a woman that likes being in the kitchen, she'd never hang on to the oven racks like that.

OH and to the OP - She's STILL extremely photoshopped
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Prefer this.

It's just....illogical. If it implies shes a woman that likes being in the kitchen, she'd never hang on to the oven racks like that.

Better?

stock-photo-sexy-pin-up-girl-in-kitchen-11012209.jpg
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dissapoint you

I'm going to have to agree with this. I do think she's beautiful and I think curves are awesome, but I've been thinner than her and still had a stomache pouch and cottage cheese thighs.

Sorry I am like 100 pounds over wieght, and while yes I have a BIG tummy, my legs are rocking, no kidding no celulate, and I now really skinny girls whos legs are all jiggaly, its a matter of body type
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

tumblr10.jpg

So, to each their own ;-)

to me, THIS one is perfect.

The original post pic is "softer" than I have ever been or ever want to be. By US standards (around here at least) she would be considered "a little chubby".

So like they say, to each his own.

To me, I think she's over done it at the gym. I prefer men to have muscles. Women were made for curves :) The veins on her arms look grose
    Exactly; she looks manly.
    Kissing her would be like kissing my older brother....
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Prefer this.

Better?

stock-photo-sexy-pin-up-girl-in-kitchen-11012209.jpg
    There's nothing on the burners!

Worst. Photoshoot. Ever. (Comic Book Guy voice)