anyone on a 1200 calorie diet

Options

Replies

• Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yep. Went over, today by 54. :[

Low cal meals:
    40 cal hot dogs in 45 cal bread with mustard, ketchup, or pico.
    Baked chicken+steamed veggies+brown rice
    Tuna with a little light mayo+celery+dill
    Hot tea!
    Drink lots of water. I'm amazed what a difference in can make!!
  • Mimimaus
    Options
    Me too.

On workout days i eat some cals back. On rest days i try to stay under. I try to eat healthy, lots of fruits and veggies.

My diary is open so feel free to take a look. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If you eat a 1200 calorie diet you will only have temporary weight loss. If you want permanent weight loss and to still lose weight just as fast you need to just eat healthy food... 1400-1500 you will lose just as much. If you eat that less amount of food your metabolism will slow down to make up for the nutrients and vitamins you are lacking from your diet.

I disagree. I have been eating at NET 1200 since March, and I have lost almost 45lbs, and gained very little back. It can be done, and successfully, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

Feel free to friend me and peek at my diary, it is open. Good luck!

I've lost 60 since April 2011 and am still losing on 1200 calories (Weight Watchers Flex Plan based diet plan) and I do not eat back activity points/exercise calories. And with many diet plans advocating 1200 calories, there's no right way for every individual. Do what works for you.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • racheldebuc
    racheldebuc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! I really struggle getting there some days though. I try to exercise a lot too, so some days i have masses of calories left over. I need ideas for healthy but high calorie snacks
  • pig2twig1992
    Options
    I am on day one of eating 1200 calories (plus exercise calories), going to give it a go and see what happens! feel free to add me :)
  • rachelsayshello
    Options
    I am too. Typical day is couple of pieces of wholemeal toast for brekkie, soup for lunch with 3 or 4 ryvitas, dinner is (at the moment) cooked from scratch with lots of vegetables and wholemeal couscous/rice etc. I'm cutting back on meat mostly - cost reasons, and health reasons (animal fat in large quantities isn't great) and by default I eat more veg if I eat less meat. Still letting myself have the odd choccie bar though. At the weekend I made homemade banana muffins too which is better than shop bought. Cutting back on alcohol, in January at least.

On days I do exercise I eat into my exercise calories. Otherwise I'm starving, especially if I've been doing zumba. I walk 30 mins to work every day though.

Not sure if my diary is public, I'll have a look and change it if not. Feel free to add me, the more the merrier, etc x
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me how to add food i have been just doing quick calorie
  • liz0906
    liz0906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 1200 and my diary is open to friends so feel free to add me! I really like getting involved in the mfp community, it's very motivating!
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie plan. If you're looking for how to eat on a "normal" food diet (i.e. not meal replacements, skipping meals, etc) then my diary is a good one to look at. I don't always meet 1200 cal/day but usually don't go over 1300 either. Add me if you'd like. Personally, I think I'm doing pretty awesome at this plan so far (tooting my own horn there :)
  • latoyamz
    latoyamz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 1200 today. May I add you? I did a practice run(of the diet) since last week. I am not doing so well on staying under 1200 even when I workout. I could really use some recipes or sample menus.
    Thanks
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy almond butter at
  • hepsi
    hepsi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here are some quick recipe...

Chicken to make chicken wraps

1 tbsp sunflower oil
    185 gms chopped chicken breast
    3 garlic cloves
    Chilli flakes
    1/2 tsp garam masala (will be able to find it in indian section)
    salt and pepper
    1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1 medium onion chopped lengthwise

1. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the handle or flat of a knife. I use rolling pin.

2. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.

3. Mix about a half teaspoon of salt in with the flour along with a little pepper.

4. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, so that they are just lightly dusted with flour.

5. Heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it is quite hot, add the oil.

6. Turn the heat to medium. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and sauté. Add the onions when garlic is about to turn brownish and sauté until soft, add garam masala and after 10 secs or so, add chicken. Cook for just about 1 minute to help them get a little golden (you are not actually searing or browning them).

7. Turn the heat to low. Put the lid on the pan. Set a timer for 5 minutes, and walk away. Do not lift the lid; do not peek.

8. After 5 minutes have elapsed, turn off the heat. Reset the timer for 5 minutes and leave the chicken breasts in the pan. Again, do not lift the lid; do not peek.

9. After the 5 minutes are up, take the lid off, and tada! Soft, tender, juicy chicken that aren't dried out in the least. Doublecheck them to make sure there is no pink in the middle. Slice and eat.

10. Serve on wraps. Use green chutney and salad to make it moister and crunchier. Meal should be around 400kcal if using low cal wraps, is high protein and low carb.

Linguine pasta in tomato sauce

Linguine pasta
    chicken pieces cooked (recipe above)
    1.5 fresh tomatoes paste
    1-2 green chillies
    2 shallots chopped
    1 tsp oil
    Few fresh basil leaves chopped

1. Heat Oil and add chillies and shallots.
    2. Add the basil leaves and sauté until you can smell the basil.
    3. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook for 2 min and add the chicken pieces.
    4. Serve with linguine pasta. Meal should be around 400kcal

These are very simple, delicious and quick meal recipes...
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am! Would love to have more friends, feel free to add me! Have lost 9 pounds so far and have been logging for 20 days, calorie counting for 30 =)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I too am on the 1200 a day diet, feel free to add me.. any ideas for meal ideas are appreciated. my food diary is open to friends..
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yep i am and diary is public
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to do 1200 or so a day net, I usually get in about 60 minutes of "Just Dance 3" on the Wii so I am grossing around 1400 or so calories. I'm seeing slow, but steady weight loss. I lost 65 pounds last year on MediFast. After taking a break over the holidays and gaining 10 pounds, I started here 5 weeks ago to nip it in the bud, and have lost a little over 6 pounds now. I'm not doing MediFast anymore, but I am still staying fairly low carb using Wonderslim protein supplements to help keep me full from losing lean muscle mass as I continue to diet. I knew it would be a two year endeavor, I suspect I'll be at my goal this time next year.:glasses:
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I eat less than 1200 calories and i have lost 20 lbs in 30 days and continuing. Do not starve, eat 3 times a day dont skip even if your not hungry, a piece of cheese or yogurt, something! Not eating will not make you fat, or anorexia would not exist and its sad it does. You cannot make your body feel it is starving or it will go into starvation mode. Message me if you need anything.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy almond butter at

Whole Foods, Costco, etc.... I think many large chain grocery stores carry them now or you can order from online.

I'm on 1200, too. Some days I don't reach it and feel full to the point of food coma (serious), and some days I'm ravenous (usually those days leading up to TOM).