What time do you stop eating? (1 Week "Group" here?)

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    about 5 mins before I go to bed normally.
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Why not save more calories for later at night then? So you don't deprive yourself and end up binging

It's moreso that I am binging in addition to all the eating that I have been doing during the days.
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    I am a HUGE sugarholic. Every night I have something sweet (usually two snack size ice cream sandwiches from weight watchers).

This helps me in a few ways. 1) After a week or two, your mind will get used to that snack being the last thing you eat, and the cravings will go away. 2) I won't want as many sweets during the day because I know I will getting my chocolate later in the evening.
    I like this method. After this week, I may have to try something like that. =)
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    It's 1 am and all my brain can think about is grabbing a handful of chocolate or something. =\ After a week of no eating "after hours," hopefully my brain will stop this uncontrollable late-night-binging mindset.
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    I don't finish work till 7pm at night and by the time i've gotten home and got around to eating my dinner it's usually about 8pm, 9pm is going to be my cut off time, I like to unwind with food infront of the tv and I need to stop doing that! :)
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    I had a little bit of pineapple after 8pm today, but that's because I had to stop eating earlier than usual due to a class. =b

I hear you, rhiasmith, even if I'm not always in need of a snack or a meal, my brain just thinks, "can I have some more food now? Is that okay?" And I usually give in and then lose control. D:
  • Ginatdavis
    Ginatdavis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am having issues with this as well, I went into the kitchen twice now, and walked out! I almost gave in, until I seen a hard candy, and just took that to help ease the craving. Late nights, are the worse for me. I've wondered this question too, I've heard don't eat after seven, not sure though.
  • grantacconda
    Options
    right before bed
  • livetolove24
    livetolove24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    8pm is my limit...it's hard bc I'm a night owl too, but I do believe this time is when lots of us put on extra weight and so I drink water and chew gum to keep myself away from food at night!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like this too. When I go to the store next week I am grabbing those ice cream sandwiches I almost grabbed this week!
  • mharriskc
    Options
    I, too, am a night owl. I work the 3 pm-11 pm shift. I usually eat my dinner around midnight, then go to bed around 2 am. Breakfast for me is when I am on my way to work around noon or 1 pm. I usually don't eat at work, due to the time restraints on breaktime. I am going to try to eat only a light meal or at least reduce the portions of my late night meal.
  • happyhiram
    Options
    Eh, as long as you can control yourself and not eat over maintenance level when it comes to calories then there's no certain time you have to stop eating over a 24 hour period.

So I'm very sporadic when I eat. No certain time I stop.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I rarely get a chance to even begin eating till gone 7.30 as a busy working mum, so if i want to enjoy my meagre rations ( which I really do) then I have to be eating quite late.
    Have heard you shouldn't eat after 6pm, but I can't try that till the school holidays. Maybe I will.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Whenever I am either no longer hungry, or have used up all my allowed calories. I don't care if I have my desert 20 mins before bed...

^^This. I wake up completely famished in the morning if I don't have a snack before bed. I don't like that feeling. So, I eat before I go to bed.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Don't eat after 7pm, only drink water, even though sometimes I am awake until 5am, but I'm never hungry in that time x
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I stop when I am out of calories for the day. Sometimes that is 4pm, other times it is 11pm if I am out at a bar with friends. Just depends on the day and the circumstances.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    yay so glad im not alone in this lol i need to make a time too but sometimes dinner in my house aint on the table till about 830 soidk
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    I did good with two nights. One night, I had a late dinner with a friend, and the other night I gave into temptation. =( Tonight, though, I absolutely will not eat after 8pm...!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I did good with two nights. One night, I had a late dinner with a friend, and the other night I gave into temptation. =( Tonight, though, I absolutely will not eat after 8pm...!

WHY? There is no cut off time that you have to stop eating by!!!
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    I know. But I deal with the problem of over-eating when its nighttime. Does that bother you....? Maybe you have better self-control than I do, but as a matter of fact, most of my over-eating happens at night. Also, it is generally thought to be good to stop eating a few hours before you go to bed. So why not?