why cant we set to loose more than 2 pounds a week, for exam

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    alot of replies in just seconds, thanks for the heads up was going the wrong way.
    any one know a good meal plan?

Body weight in protein, .35 times body weight in fat, fill the rest where you'd like (carbs yumm)
    Try to slowly make changes to healthier foods
    Lift weights
    Profit

70kg of protein? Hell, that's a lot of chicken!!

I've seen this advice a lot and while I know you mean grams, I'm not sure if that means 70g of protein a day, 150ish g a day (if I convert to pounds) or around 110g if I use lean body mass (only guessing here as I don't know my body fat %).
    thoughts?
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    hen you'll yell at the sky and go "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!"

Omg, I lol'd so hard when I read this. I do this. So. Often.

I definitely suggest sticking with what MFP recommends. I have it set for 1lb a week, and that is difficult enough, but not so hard I can't stick to it. If you follow the plan and put in genuine effort, the weight will come off.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    alot of replies in just seconds, thanks for the heads up was going the wrong way.

I happen to be a fan of low carb eating to lose weight. I am under a Doctors supervised medical weight loss program, but it is based on the new Atkins diet. Not the old Atkins, where you can eat all the bacon and steak you want. I recommend you get the book, "The New Atkins for a New You", if you are interested. I've taken off almost 100 lbs. since Jan. 25, 2011. I am in better health than I have ever been. Eating this way, you don't really have cravings or deal with being hungry all the time. Good luck!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Body weight in protein, .35 times body weight in fat, fill the rest where you'd like (carbs yumm)
    Try to slowly make changes to healthier foods
    Lift weights
    Profit

70kg of protein? Hell, that's a lot of chicken!!

I've seen this advice a lot and while I know you mean grams, I'm not sure if that means 70g of protein a day, 150ish g a day (if I convert to pounds) or around 110g if I use lean body mass (only guessing here as I don't know my body fat %).
    thoughts?

It is not really your body weight, but good to get 1g per pound of LBM (lean body mass) Many people do not know their body fat % and LBM so going by weight is easier :] So for me I only really need about 97 grams.

If you know or have a good estimate then going by LBM is certainly okay!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a LOT of protein you're talking about there...

Anyhoo, I try to eat a plant-focused diet, less processed stuff, and keep it fresh and local. It's easy, tasty and it's been working for me.

But good luck!
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think eating natural is the way to go. Eating more organic, whole foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains), less processed and refined flour and sugar, milk, etc., is better for you. Eventually, I will go that way, but right now I am concentrating on getting this weight off. I feel that is the most important thing. My improved health has already proven that. Later, I will eat more like above and concentrate on more intense cardio and maybe even a little strength training. That's my plan, anyway. I'm just trying to get healthy, I've let myself go for too long.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This isn't a sprint, it should be viewed as a marathon, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. It is just unrealistic to sustain a weightloss of 5-6 lbs. a week and you will only fail with those goals in mind. Stick to a lose of 1-2 lbs. a week and you will get to where you want to go in no time at all.....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you like being dead.

Lol
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This isn't a sprint, it should be viewed as a marathon, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. It is just unrealistic to sustain a weightloss of 5-6 lbs. a week and you will only fail with those goals in mind. Stick to a lose of 1-2 lbs. a week and you will get to where you want to go in no time at all.....
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    It's not that much protein...
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and enjoy the process.
    It will be a lasting change as opposed to the kind of quick weight loss that most people gain back.
  • guiletur
    guiletur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cause you'll gain all the wheight again after a while
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    sure u can! Just stop eating perminantly. If thats ur aim, thats how u do it lol