Even though you're an adult...

Options

Replies

• fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Make my bed every day... it's just going to get messed up again.

Bake a turkey. I've tried; never gets done right.

Have you tried the Reynolds turkey bags? I made the most juicy, yummy turkey EVER in one of those. Check it out if you haven't! http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/turkey-central.aspx
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can't do a cartwheel either :(
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I can't drive....
    I also can't bake... ( But I sure can cook!)
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Can’t write in cursive? Can’t drive a stick-shift? Don’t know how to make mac-and-cheese?

Even though i'm an adult, I don't know what any of those things are.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    It's not mandatory for cursive to even be taught in school any more. Why would anyone need to know this in a digital world?
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Balance a checkbook. I've never used a checkbook register!

I know some people who have to balance their checkbooks to the penny every month. I never understood that.

This. My husband takes care of it all and I LOVE him for it. :love:
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    Ah Freddie, mine was children of the corn.

O-M-G me TOO!!

My family harrasses me because I get freaked out around corn fields... LOL
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Look at a waiter/waitress in the eyes when I order food. Maggiano's or Subway it doesn't matter xD They intimidate me D: haha
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I can't open one of those biscuit tubes that pop when you open them! OK, I've done it ... only a few times ... usually make my kids do it for me ... freaks me out too much! lol
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Whistle.... just a tiny little squeek comes out. Da*m it.

This...I have tried and tried. I know you are just supposed to "Pucker and Blow", but all I get is something that sounds like a wind storm outside. :-(

I can't mouth whistle either but discovered I could whistle extremely loud when you do the type with your fingers in your mouth. Trick is to roll the tongue back. I was skeptic when I was taught and surprised myself how loud the it suddenly came out XD
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Do a head stand. Or any other type of gymnastic type roll/flip (i.e. cartwheels, head over heel roll, etc...). Oh, and burp. I don't know how to make myself burp, everyone I know loves to make fun of me about that.
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    ... stop being a kid.

Age is just a number.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    Can't touch a turkey or watch people prepare a turkey! It just freaks me out! There is not way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I'm sticking my hand up that thing!

Oh yes, and pull the cotton out of those pill bottles. Cotton freaks me out!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    watch a commercial for a horror movie, I hide my eyes and put my fingers in my ears :huh:
  • bekihughes
    Options
    I can't sleep alone in my house without being scared all night and thinking Freddie is coming for me.

same here!!!!:happy:
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep alone in my house without being scared all night and thinking Freddie is coming for me.

Awww....bless you - mine is similar, I'm glad I'm not the only wuss...

If I'm home alone, I have to draw all the curtains while it is still light - I can't look out the windows when it's dark in-case someone is looking back at me... :laugh:
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    Manage my finances or keep my house clean!

That's me... Oh Gah I have the hardest time saving money and doing responsible things with my money. And cleaning... oh you can just scratch that idea! I'd rather spend my money paying someone else to do it.... Bet your butt I am out and about living it up while someone else is taking care of the dirty work. lol
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'd hardly say not being able to drive a stick is a talent most adults should have now a days. Never the less, even though Im an adult, I still cant stop acting like a kid, watching spongebob, and being a general goof with my girlfriend
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep in the dark because I'm still afraid of ghosts and the "boogeyman"...don't judge.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Can't drive a stick shift, can't trill my r's very well...Oh yeah, and sleeping alone in the house is a nightmare.

I've been told that I stopped maturing mentally at 14. Lol. I disagree. Although I am immature in some respects, I've very mature in others. The world is made up of all types I guess!