Friends who like to cook healthy foods wanted!

Options
Hello,

I just replied to a topic where someone was looking for UK friends with open diaries to get tips for food ideas.

So I thought I would see if there is anyone who wants to be friends who cooks a lot or likes to cook. I try to cook from scratch every day and have been busy with new recipes as I got a few cookbooks for Christmas - but always looking for new ideas and inspiration! I especially like hearing about how people can make delicious meals that are also healthy (who doesn't!?) It helps if you are from the UK, just in terms of ingredients/measurements - but the more the merrier!

Anyone share this interest and want to be friends? :)

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    In Australia but will still be friends!
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    Great! I'm sure there are lots of yummy, healthy Aussie recipes in terms of grilling and fresh seafoods?
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love cooking! and only healthy food with low calories :wink: and I am in London
    I also cook my food daily and from scratch yes
    but I am a vegetarian but would love to have new ideas and share recipes of healthy food...
    and above all .. I love FOOD and I think I eat alot! but still manage to keep it under my calorie goal which is 1250 :blushing:
  • emmakingy
    Options
    I love to cook, however, I am not sure how easily I can work out the calories from my recipies! Are there any websites or online tools that can do this? Like you I pretty much cook from scratch every day.
    Will certainly be adding recipies when I have figured out how to work out calorific values!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    and blue eyes! if that your photograph then I must say you have beauuuuuuuutiful eyes!
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    I love veggie food. This week I made sweet potato gnocchi with low-fat mozzarella and roast red peppers, so yum!

Emma, any time I cook a new recipe, I enter it individually in 'recipes'. MFP works out the cals from the ingredients. A little time-consuming if you cook a lot of new things, but good for your regular meals.

No, not my eyes!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    I love to cook, however, I am not sure how easily I can work out the calories from my recipies! Are there any websites or online tools that can do this? Like you I pretty much cook from scratch every day.
    Will certainly be adding recipies when I have figured out how to work out calorific values!
    Go to food-> Recipe and create your own by adding all the ingredients in right proportion and then you can add it in your diary with the adjusted amount which you had as your meal.. and best part is we can edit and see these recipes anytime we want so all good
  • emmakingy
    Options
    Brilliant, I'll give that a go!
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    You explained that better than me!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    def an add here if you like, im loving healthy foods at the minute and am being more adventurous with my cooking - diary is open so please feel free :)

Clark
  • rbarnes9292
    rbarnes9292 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in Florida! I have been trying to come up with new healthy meal ideas, but everything I always find in cookbooks, etc. seem to have way too many ingredients. Usually I make simple stuff, but would love to see some of the meals you all make so I can try something new when I have time on the weekends to cook. I would love if you friend me so I can share things I may come up with or get new ideas from you. :smile:
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    How adventurous is adventurous? (you say that and I'm thinking 'shark', haha!)
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love to cook! Don't always get to,since I live with my mother-in-law who cooks a lot and I also work shift work. But I definitely get creative on my days off!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I do love to cook... all week I try to keep it really on the healthy side, but on the weekends I need to fire up the smoker for some BBQ! LOL
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    BBQ can be healthy! (75lb lost certainly seems to suggest you are doing something right - amazing achievement!)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love cooking from scratch! I'll send you a request.
  • dear_prudence
    dear_prudence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love cooking but it all depends on how much time I have as to what I cook - however I am going to try and post the recipes of the foods I make from scratch :-)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    BBQ can be healthy! (75lb lost certainly seems to suggest you are doing something right - amazing achievement!)

I do try... My favorite thing to make is pulled pork, on a bun with some jalapeno cole slaw. This weekend I am doing ribs and chili for the Giants game on Sunday. That is why I get up at 6am to run or go to the gym on weekends!
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    Mmm jalapeno...and chilli peppers help with the metabolism, right? :)
  • misslolachobble
    Options
    Hi new on here was on a long long time ago ,love to cook and looking forward to making some new friends who have some fab recipes for me :smile: