Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I HAZ NO FACEBOOK!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    mine is linked to post workouts and weight loss only.
    Its actually prompted a few friends to join here and get their own butts in gear when they see my weight going down, down, down :)
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    MFP not linked to FB at all. Infact MFP is pulling me away from FB :)

this...
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have MFP linked to Facebook.

As a result, a few of the friends on there have taken a look and, 1 or 2 have joined MFP.
    Therefore, if I can help others by getting them on here, I am happy to let others see my posts.
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    No. Freaking. Way.

That is the LAST thing I'd want to broadcast to everyone.

Ditto
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options

ME TOO!!!!!

Fully agree - I haven't been on FB for a week since I've been busy updating this one...
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options

ME TOO!!!!!

Fully agree - I haven't been on FB for a week since I've been busy updating this one...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I 'liked' MFP on Facebook, never really been on the page tho.

I have a photo album on there of exercise, nutrition (meals, dishes) and progress pics. I figure if someone wants to check it out, they can. Occasionally people message me with questions.

Out of 5 or 600 friends, I can think of 4 that actually exercise (and look like they do) of my immediate friends, and 2 amazing ladies that compete internationally.

And sadly, I'd say at least 1/3 of my friends list is outta shape. More realistically probly even 1/2.
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    Nope.. not on your life. In fact, since I've started MFP, I spend more time here than Facebook. Loving it! :-)
  • nelsonf2f
    nelsonf2f Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am linked up. I have fitness friends so they can comment on my post. Also MFP gives you the choice to chose from. I only post about my diary and mt workouts. BTW. Who cares what people think!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Same here!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I did for a while-
    before I joined MFP, I was convinced that losing weight was AN IMPOSSIBLE BATTLE

finding the tools MFP offers,
    and finding a "do-able" lifestyle of eating- that didn't always consist of munching on carrot sticks the rest of my life.......

made me want to share this with others who believed that same garbage too-

Several people commented that they'd *secretly* perused my diary- just to get some ideas of what they could be eating too-

and several just took and adopted some healthier habits- like reading labels, watching salt intake, drinking MORE WATER,
    etc..

BUT, when I heard a derogatory comment about how people who post things like that
    are
    100 % self-absorbed SHOW OFFS........
    that stung hard............

I hesitated to do it........FOR THAT VERY REASON........because I wanted to ENcourage others,
    not make it about ME.........

so I UNlinked it.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I used to link them together, but not anymore.. Although I tend to share my weight loss with some of my friends on there.. If they want to know where Ive lost it from, then I send them this way.. :) I spend more time on here then on fb half the time anymore. If there was a little chat then id probably be only on here.. :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am linked up. I have fitness friends so they can comment on my post. Also MFP gives you the choice to chose from. I only post about my diary and mt workouts. BTW. Who cares what people think!

Ditto
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I was linked to it until Christmas. Someone I hadn't seen in a while told me that they saw all of my updates about burning calories or losing lbs and thought I was being sarcastic and making fun of people.

So I thought, "Poop on people! I am unlinking MFP from FB.
  • krika1
    krika1 Posts: 12
    Options
    NO WAY!! I only told my mom about this website. I feel like being on here it's a level playing field, no one is going to judge me. All of us are on here to reach a goal and have support. I will never link my FB account with this one.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends on FB. We don't discuss weight loss, just share photos and things. If something is personal we PM. I would like to have more friends on FB, not for losing weight though.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    It is a like link. It dosent mention your weight loss at all. I am linked.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options

Yah!!! You are secure and FB does NOT show your weight or lost weight.
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have not lonked MFP with my facebook acount. I think I want to keep the tewo separate. I have told people about MFP and how great it is but i think I just want these two to be separate.