Tell me about your Pizza

Options

Replies

• knay112
    knay112 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try the recipe section of King Arthur Flour dot com....
    They have an awesome collection of pizza recipes
    One of my favorites is a grilled one... to die for!
  • DonnaMarieSki
    DonnaMarieSki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I prefer my own ... I am not a fan of mozz cheese I prefer romano maybe fontina or asiago too. I have had to stop having anything like pepperoni or sausage, bacon etc. since that pesky heart attack :cry: so I go for homemade sauce and lots of onions garlic and veggies. Or I like to make one with the same cheeses but with olive oil instead of sauce and salmon along with veggies onions garlic :love: ... if you like salmon try that it's delish. oh all my pizza is now seasoned with various mrs dash ... I cannot believe how tasty these seasonings are.:wink:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Try the recipe section of King Arthur Flour dot com....
    They have an awesome collection of pizza recipes
    One of my favorites is a grilled one... to die for!

I love grilled pizza. It's a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it it's the closest thing to recreating that brick oven taste.
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    MY homemade pizza is the best...

Sometimes I make my own crust, sometimes I cheat and use the Pillsbury Thin Crust

Sauce is my grandmother's homemade recipe... the sauce stews for 6 hours!!

Toppings: FRESH mozzarella cheese, sliced green and red bell pepper, mushrooms, chopped garlic, and grilled chicken

When it comes out pipping hot, I top it with fresh chopped basil and red pepper flakes... YUUUMMM

And I can add up the cals to know how many calories are in it :)
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I just had a slice of pizza soooo big that both ends of it hung over the sides of the paperplate.
  • eggheadrn
    eggheadrn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Use a low carb tortilla. Crisp it up in the oven on a pizza stone or a panini press. (I love the panini press...gets it nice and crispy). Then add your toppings and heat. (I saw something like this on Hungry Girl and was doubtful but I really like it).

Contadina makes a nice squeeze pizza sauce...:tongue:

http://contadina.com/products/pizza-squeeze.aspx
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up pizza and wings were must at least once a week. Extra cheese mmm and mild wings. Now I skip the wings and the pizza all together and make my own or if we order it as a family I get salad and steal a nibble of someone else's and not a whole slice. However if I am craving it now I just throw tomatoes, low cal mozzarella and turkeyroni on a low calorie flat bread and pretend it is the real deal. Doesn't taste bad though :)
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I have some of my homemade pizza for lunch today. Thin crispy crust, mixed Italian cheese, lots of just plain tomato sauce with herbs sprinkled into it (basil, garlic, oregano, peppers), and a whole lotta spinach.

And the best part is, I don't have to give it up, 'cause I control what goes into it. :)
  • starscapenatasha
    Options
    This thread is making it very difficult not to order a pizza, especially from the place that makes the best pizza in town that just so happens to deliver and is only just 1 mile away.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I had a cold slice of homemade pizza for breakfast. Best way to eat it! Only better way is to have panago's cheesy cheddar dip with it. Yum! And crushed pepper flakes.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    If you're ever in the Duluth MN area, you MUST have Sammy's Pizza.

it's a tradition around here, and the best there is!

http://www.mysammys.com/sammyslovers.shtml
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Tony's Pizza in North Beach - SF
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    JERBER'S HOMEMADE PIZZA
    [I usually eat 3-4 pieces the day I make it then try to limit myself to 2 slices until it's gone .. I LOVE MAKING PIZZA-the crust in the bread machine... luvluvluvluvluv
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns and I do create my own, every time.... most of the time onion, tomato, mushroom and goats cheese oh and black olives...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    SOB i want pizza now
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    SOB i want pizza now

and i want cotton candy.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    With my dietary restrictions, here is my usual pizza. Homemade, of course, because no one carries grain free crusts.

- extra thin crust, buckwheat based (one personal size pizza uses less dough than a small dinner bun)
    - homemade pizza sauce
    - onions, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, olives, garlic
    - wee bit of Daiya cheese. Pepperjack is the best.
    - pepper flakes and sim. bacon bits on top when done

Pam
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    SOB i want pizza now

and i want cotton candy.

110 calories and no fat for one joyous fluffy ounce
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Right, that's it, tomorrow I shall have breakfats and later in the day.... pizza... and I will eat the whole of it ^^
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    the only really good pizza place in my community is called Piaci (in Fort Bragg, CA). other than that, nada. my favorite pizza memories come from living in Seattle where the pizza rocks. Pagliacci is amazing!

well, i take that back. Frankies in Mendocino is really good too... just not Piaci.