any food that has ZERO calories?

Options
1235»

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but negative calorie foods do not exist. If you hope to track your calorie intake accurately, they should be counted, like any other food. Check the facts in the previous comments. :flowerforyou:
    Sorry, Captain, it wasn't my intention to imply you shouldn't count the calories my thought was that if you choose from this list you would YES count the calories but the choice would help towards your weight loss even if you went over your calorie goal. If you are still hungry, you have to eat but if you choose wisely and carefully you can still lose.
    The thermogenic-burn-canceling-out-the-food-you-ate concept is a myth, based on the science. If you have reached your calorie goal for the day, and then consume more, you are lowering the deficit that has been created by MFP, and will lose less weight.

Of course, you're welcome to do so anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    How about just going over a little today, so that you can eat a sensible meal, and balancing it out against deficits for the rest of the week, if a few hundred calories extra is a major concern to you?
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    It's not the act of chewing that makes celery "negative" calories, it's because it is a catabolic food. Any catabolic food is great for dieting, this is a good starter list! If you eat your calories in these foods versus processed or carby foods, you'll (supposedly) burn more calories and loose weight faster!
    http://www.drkaslow.com/html/catabolic_foods.html
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    wait, wait, wait... hold the damn presses!

there is a ranch dressing with less than 10 calories?!?!?!

is it good?

omg please say it's good.

Personally, I love the Walden Farms Ranch & Bacon Ranch dressings. They say it's zero calories per serving, but if you check online it's actually 2-5 calories per serving. Either way, I really like them

*Edited because my laptop posted too early*
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I THINK CELERY IS ZERO!

Well, technically celery is not zero, but it might as well be... It takes more calories to digest it because of the indigestible fibre. So, it is a bit like eating negative calories (albiet not by much... something like one or two calories per stick?)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I THINK CELERY IS ZERO!

yah they say u burn more cals EATING celery than it actually leaves with u. haha!
  • kristinamck
    kristinamck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Negative Calorie Foods: It takes your body more calories to consume these foods than what they actually are:

• Apple
    • Cranberries
    • Grapefruit
    • Lemon
    • Mango
    • Orange
    • Papaya
    • Pineapple
    • Raspberries
    • Strawberries
    • Tangerine

• Asparagus
    • Beets
    • Broccoli
    • Cabbage
    • Carrots
    • Cauliflower
    • Celery
    • Chile peppers
    • Cucumbers
    • Dandelion (weird)
    • Endive (kinda like chicory)
    • Garden Cress
    • Garlic
    • Green beans
    • Lettuce
    • Onion
    • Radishes
    • Spinach
    • Turnip
    • Zucchini
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    the Walden Farms ranch tastes like straight vinegar.. its awful
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has a whole line of foods that claim zero calories. I saw them at a health food store. Never tried them, not sure what the hell it could be. They also have a web page.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Negative Calorie Foods: It takes your body more calories to consume these foods than what they actually are:

• Apple

The first item on this list should be an indicator that something isn't right here. The average apple is estimated to have 80 calories. If you eat 6 average apples a day without counting it, you'll have already eaten back your deficit and won't lose weight over time.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

• Apple
    The first item on this list should be an indicator that something isn't right here. The average apple is estimated to have 80 calories. If you eat 6 average apples a day without counting it, you'll have already eaten back your deficit and won't lose weight over time.
    I hear ya sister. I've tried to point this out a few times in this thread, but a lot of folks prefer to live in this fantasy world where there are magical foods whose calories somehow do not count. :ohwell:
  • btpeanut
    btpeanut Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    cucumbers with salt and a sprinklie of apple cider vinegar is yummy:)
  • marleebaby
    Options
    I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that you actually BURN calories eating (plain) celery - Its so low in calories to begin with, the act of chewing it actually burns some calories.

I can't remember what site it was, but it was definitely a quotable one, this has been debunked. it does have zero cals, but does not make you go negative.
  • marleebaby
    Options

• Apple

She's right. There is no food that makes you go negative. it is definitely a fantasy.
    I found a site for you guys, pleeeaseee stop eating this stuff, thinking it's making you negative. it's all lies! :P
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1896439_1896359_1896346,00.html
  • cbrown591
    Options
    The list is all raw vegies???