For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Our Boxer/Shepherd mix does this. She'll sit right in front of my on the couch following my beer bottle EVERY move it makes. When I get down to the last sip, she gets it.

JM
    That is so awesome! He gets so excited when we give him people food! I swear he eats spinach because I am putting it in my mouth! :tongue:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    For all that know me well on MFP, they know Neku the super pup, for those that dont set your gaze on this lil furball

359917999_l.jpg
    3b148ae5.jpg

he is soo handsome!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    *squeee*

Panting. Love the pup pics....
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab mix of some flavor. She is a rescue baby and I got her from a shelter near my home when she was 8 weeks old. Her name is Keeva and she is 10 months old. She still thinks she is a lap puppy (even if she does weigh 60 lbs!). She's a good girl and always makes me smile. Even when she's in trouble. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She gets so excited when I come home from work. She'll run circles around the room and run up to me and sit at my feet and just look up at me with those big brown puppy eyes.

It's awesome!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have 3 and they are all rescue dogs. Two of them are very well behaved since they have been a part of my family a little longer. The other is a recent rescue and we're still trying to work with her manners. She is incredibly affectionate but just goes wherever she wants without thinking first. My husband has been very patient having to find ways to block off our 6' wooden fence that she would climb easily. One day we had the front and back doors open and screen doors closed, the dogs were in the backyard and my husband in the front. She decided that she wanted to be with him and managed to go through both screens to get there. So like I said, we have some work to do but I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    LOVE MY RED HEELER RUBY

021200_152300.jpg
    022200_115600.jpg

015-1-1-2.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    Sherrygunnabe, when I looked at the first picture of your heeler, I swear, she moved! Adorable.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    40758_120374604691078_100001556172587_130710_8071620_n.jpg

This is Scooby,he is probobly the best dog I have ever owned.We found him in a snowstorm 5 years ago,dirty,skinny,and scared to death. Im also pretty sure he was abused. He has been the most gental loving dog despite all this.He is just as much a part of my family as my children,he even has his own christmas stocking that he gets treats in from santa
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    For all that know me well on MFP, they know Neku the super pup, for those that dont set your gaze on this lil furball

359917999_l.jpg
    3b148ae5.jpg

Beautiful dog
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is Stella. She is a Shep/Husky/Lab mix that sheds year-round and believes she is a lap dog (mind you, she's 60lbs!) . She also has a pet cat that she occasionally gives a sloppy kiss on the head to, much to the cat's dismay.

Mine is a 52 lb lap dog too!!! LOL And she also has a pet cat, or does the cat have a pet dog...hmmmm sometimes I wonder!!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO cute!!!
    IMG_0598.jpg

Our puppy
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love my 5 mo old Shep-rador. Lab/Shep mix Rescue dog from Georgia. Also one cat now 12 rescued with mom and siblings as a newborn. Found in a dumpster @ a Walmart. He was the only survivor. Also Lola, kitten from my son's friends cat and two fish won at a local Fair....half a Zoo!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    I LOVE my dogs. More than anyone else! I do not not what I would do without them. :)
    I have a 1 yr old German Shepherd named Ada, and an 8 yr old Shih Tzu named Mia.
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Some of you've met Enzo.

Enzo.jpg

10 weeks old here. He's a all white Siberian Huskie.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I have my baby boy in my lap and my girl tucked under my desk...no other sounds in the house except tiny dog snoring and the occasional moan (baby boy doesn't like it when I shift in my chair. I'm to stay motionless, as far as he's concerned.).

They're both dachshunds.

I have a dachshund who is the most spoiled little girl you'll ever meet. Two years ago I agreed to be her foster mom for a friend of my husband. He was never in a position to take her back and truthfully we would have been heartbroken if he had. This man has passed on and we now have an official family member.

We also have a lab/rott mix who's huge and the sweetest dog ever. And a mixed breed (who knows what breeds) dog who sometimes looks a bit like Yoda....very sweet. And one cat who was supposed to be my daughters, but for some reason he thinks he's mine.

Couldn't imagine life without a dog.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Have a 12 year old boxer...he is my dude!!!! Belonged to the husband prior to marriage. Now I believe if we were to be robbed he would tell the robbers take the human man and I will let you live. Also have a 2 year old dachshunds. Belongs to daughter but he does not believe that. Trying to get him to understand I am not the owner!!! Also a cutie pie.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    <
    Kitana is the greatest dog ever! Now she is 10 months, but I love this puppy picture of her. She is 3/4 lab and 1/4 shepard. She is well mannered, loves the kids, piddels on the floor when people come over and does not get on the furniture. Talks to me first thing in the morning and is always on my six.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have two dogs, Pearl is a yellow lab (burps really loud after she eats) and Virgil is a lab/terrier mix (he reminds me of a meerkat) We got Virgil first, poor little guy was advertised as a yellow lab in the paper...we knew when we laid eyes on him (2 mos old) that he wasn't but it was pathetic that the owners had him chained to a post with a about a 3ft chain so we paid the $250 for him and brought our little guy home. Since we both worked we decided to get another dog so Virg wouldn't be lonely...along comes Pearl. We got her when she was about 4 mos old so they have grown up together (they are both 5) the weird thing is everybody thinks they are related...their coloring and markings are almost identical. Love our furry kids!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    This is Old Jack. He is an Australian Cattle Dog that we got as a rescue. Now I can't imagine him not shadowing me throughout the house. :smile:

Walk Time!
    2my9cow.jpg

Life is Exhausting!
    18p2eu.jpg
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of my Siberian Huskies - they mean the whole world to me and I wouldn't be without any of them!! We've had the girls since pups but we rescued Kai when he was 10 months old and Shadow when he was 2...this is Shadows 5th (and forever) home :-))

L-R:

Mya, 20 months - Kai (Siberian Husky x Alaskan Malamute), 2 years 4 months - Delilah, 11 months - Shadow, 3 years 3 months.

php3oyF06AM.jpg