For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    SN850220.JPG
    awesome dogs!!
    Awesome setting for the picture too.
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love my damn dog, and my life has been enriched by every dog that I've owned. :drinker:

This. Better get back to cuttin' tail holes in diapers, dude. XD

We have a mutt. She's amazingly stupid. Hates UPS trucks and their drivers, be they right outside or a block away. She "takes care" of our kidlet when she's not well. Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.

Hey Miss,

Nice Jersey cow in your siggie...is she yours? We have a cow and her heifer. :)
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs, but have a special place in my heart for Golden Retrievers. About the most gentle, smart, playful and sweet woofers on the planet. I'm on my third now. Boys and girls: meet Eric:

7179225_764.jpg

You will never see him without a tennis ball. Seriously. Never. I kid you not.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I had a golden growing up and I couldn't agree more! Same with the tennis ball- she used to dribble it across the kitchen floor. SO funny!
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    .......no outfit is complete without dog hair.

EXACTLY. I have two beagles...
    i always carry a mini lint roller in my purse because of them haha (:
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Sam looks the sam...our 3 year old labradoodle
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Theodore Bearington "Teddy Bear" says hi:

35b9rio.jpg

OMG! So cute!!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love my baby he is a 2 year old boxer named guinness who thinks he is lap dog. He is definitely MY dog. My husband brought him home thinking he would be his best friend. He even gave me the speech of how boxers are known to be great around kids when I was wavering. (I didn't want a dog at first because I knew I would have to take care of it by myself) Once he brought him home at 6 weeks I carried him around until he became to big and of course I take care of him (drives my husband and son crazy) no one can sit next to me but him. He is great around people and would probably lick you to death. Like I tell my parents he is part of the family and if you do not like him then do not come to my house because he is allowed on my couch and he sleeps with me when my husband works late. Wish I knew how to post pictures because he is adorable :happy:
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of my Siberian Huskies - they mean the whole world to me and I wouldn't be without any of them!! We've had the girls since pups but we rescued Kai when he was 10 months old and Shadow when he was 2...this is Shadows 5th (and forever) home :-))

L-R:

Mya, 20 months - Kai (Siberian Husky x Alaskan Malamute), 2 years 4 months - Delilah, 11 months - Shadow, 3 years 3 months.

php3oyF06AM.jpg

I am sure you get lots of dog sledding jokes wherever you go! :)
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Diapers? On a DOG?

I'm quessing you are American.

And I'm guessing you don't even realize why he's doing it so.. yeah. It's kind of required LOL.

Here's my dog Peaches :D

25ez8u9.png
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Diapers? On a DOG?

I'm quessing you are American.

Wow. Rude.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    These are my beautiful babies:

Roscoe is on the left - he's a 4 year old West Highland Terrier, and he's my baby. Smartest, kindest, my playful dog I've ever had

Little Emma is on the right. She's a 3-5 year old rescue, and just the sweetest thing ever. She's a Schnauzer/Yorkie mix

puppies_2011.jpg?w=584&h=258
    384294_301072279927106_100000730084622_957834_1377267069_n.jpg

and.....1 more of Roscoe cause he's so photogenic =)

59452_149182608449408_100000730084622_281002_1766467_n.jpg
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We have 2 lab mixes. Maggie is 12 and a rescue, she's moved all over the country with us. ANd Missy is 7. She's a begador (half lab, half beagle) but looks like a little lab. They are "the girls." To say they are spoiled is an understatement. I don't think either dog is capable of sleeping on the floor, always on the couch or a bed. They are all about the comfort. I always say it's their house, we just pay the mortgage!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 yr old gray brindle toy poodle named Kobi. Love him to death!!
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We lost one of our fur babies in November.
    Her name was Sasha (after the DJ)
    We had her over 12 years, but she had a skin complaint and was suffering from separation anxiety when ever my wifey went out.

She woke us up scratching against the wardrobes. Unfortunately she was having a fit that lasted over 10mins.
    When she eventually came out of the fit, she couldn't stand on her back legs...
    (We have had two cats that also had fits and it is not a nice thing to see.... Both are with Sasha)

I had to go have Sash put to sleep that early morning. The Vet was nice and gave me all the time in the world.
    Sash went to sleep so easily and without a murmur.
    The one thing that we are happy about is that her eyes were closed...

All the other three dogs miss her terribly.
    We have got 2 Jack Russell's and a Labrador/Staffy cross (who is a bit special needs really.... He is so thick it's unreal)
  • dkllano
    dkllano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs in our house. The 11 yr old is a male beagle/corgie mix named beethoven and a 5 yr old beagle named lucy . The house is usually quiet unless our teenage boy has friends over beethoven like to be noticed. Lucy isn't a social dog unless its on her terms alot of times when she does come out they didn't realize we have two dogs. I grew up being an animal lover so it's in my blood. Love walking with them because it's good for me and them..
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i have a collie mutt who is just over a year old, her name is Kula. she makes me laugh...a lot! she's one of those types who are both stupid and smart, which can be pretty frustrating at times cause you never know which one she is going to be. she has 3 cat brothers who all react quite differntly to her, but for the most part they all get along.

i got Kula for 2 reasons. the first and most important one was because i would have to walk her. honestly. i hate walking, but knew i needed to get exercise, and walking is the easiest thing to do. so, having a dog that needs to go for walks sure makes it harder to put it off.
    second, i saw her picture posted on kajiji from a rescue organization, at that time her name was Eeyore, and she just lept of the computer screen and grabbed onto me and would not let me stop thinking about her. lol. lucky for me the rescue place was going to have a meet and greet at a local pet store, so next morning i rushed down there and she has been mine since a nice woman put this wriggley little happy pup in my arms. i am a cat girl, always have been, but when the right dog came along, my cats had to learn to share!

385014_10150571622406070_520141069_11399069_289593099_n.jpg
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever! =)
    Thanks for starting this. After that crazy ladies rant.. I needed a good dose of some puppies!!

I have two dogs. Buster is 3 and a yellow lab. Lincoln is a 10 year old Basenji. Words can't even express how much these little guys mean to me! They make me laugh and smile and they give me a purpose. I love them more than anything.

373933_10100113098307138_25703056_39716724_1175676759_n-2-1.jpg
    Have a good weekend everyone!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My baby, $hithead (it's the only thing she answers to haha) :)

16642_1307342644149_1248030007_30905342_6576247_n.jpg
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    222746_2000528255145_1301719439_2440890_178290_n.jpg

This is Roxie, my flat-coated retriever. We love her so much, I have never had a better dog!! I've always adored golden retrievers, but never had one because frankly, I wear too much black for a dog with that light of hair. And then we stumbled on Roxie. She is so beautiful and has a very similar temperament to goldens, just incredibly playful and loving.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    My babies! Ranger is 6 and Moka is almost 11 months.

MokaRanger.jpg

244163_1904874312257_1553742530_1973655_4569139_o.jpg

Moka's first day here:
    389793_2791226350504_1553742530_2634360_1744421442_n.jpg

Annnd here's an old vid of Ranger being jealous. He does this any time I get anywhere near my husband. He's in LOVE with my husband lol. It's dark and my house is a disaster because we were in the middle of remodeling, but you really just need the audio anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5KGkUv1-w&feature=g-upl&context=G2e58a09AUAAAAAAAAAA