If I Ever Think of McDonalds Again . . .

Options

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OMG GROSS! unbelievable.. thanks for sharing this..
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a TV show......smh
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    McDonald's isn't even food. I wouldn't even feed it to my dogs if somebody paid me to.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I'd eat it.

I would too. Maybe not the one in the article tho xD
  • krisss30
    Options
    that is nasty
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no:noway: ...No more of that!! Thanks, you just cured my eating out problem!!:flowerforyou:
  • marleebaby
    Options
    COMPLETELY DISGUSTING. Thanks for the share, I shared this on my Facebook.

& for the people who said they would eat this..
    "You have to wonder about a food that has 15-32 different ingredients and isn't a casserole."
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I am dying for a big mac
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Not so fast, Champ....

Here's an article with some interesting results after testing this:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html
    The Conclusion

How do you think beef jerky is made?

So there we have it! Pretty strong evidence in favor of Theory 3: the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth. Of course, that the meat is pretty much sterile to begin with due to the high cooking temperature helps things along as well. It's not really surprising. Humans have known about this phenomenon for thousands of years. After all, how do you think beef jerky is made?

Now don't get me wrong—I don't have a dog in this fight either way. I really couldn't care less whether or not the McDonald's burger rotted or didn't. I don't often eat their burgers, and will continue to not often eat their burgers. My problem is not with McDonald's. My problem is with bad science.

For all of you McDonald's haters out there: Don't worry. There are still plenty of reasons to dislike the company! But for now, I hope you'll have it my way and put aside your beef with their beef.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds-Double-Quarter-Pounder-with-Cheese.png
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    I'd eat it.

LOL. After seeing this two years ago, I still ate. Sad we think that way but we do. I havent have MCdonalds in over two months, yay!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I am dying for a big mac
    i had one over Christmas and it was get another for $1 I let my wife have it but I really wanted it lol
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    That's a little disturbing, but I would still eat Mc D's :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in a moist paper towel, give it a solid 30 seconds in the microwave, and it's good as new!
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Not so fast, Champ....

Here's an article with some interesting results after testing this:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html
    The Conclusion

How do you think beef jerky is made?

So there we have it! Pretty strong evidence in favor of Theory 3: the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth. Of course, that the meat is pretty much sterile to begin with due to the high cooking temperature helps things along as well. It's not really surprising. Humans have known about this phenomenon for thousands of years. After all, how do you think beef jerky is made?

Now don't get me wrong—I don't have a dog in this fight either way. I really couldn't care less whether or not the McDonald's burger rotted or didn't. I don't often eat their burgers, and will continue to not often eat their burgers. My problem is not with McDonald's. My problem is with bad science.

For all of you McDonald's haters out there: Don't worry. There are still plenty of reasons to dislike the company! But for now, I hope you'll have it my way and put aside your beef with their beef.

Wow, Thanks for this as well.
    I still am freaked out by the ingredient count.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

"You have to wonder about a food that has 15-32 different ingredients and isn't a casserole."

1st of all, a hamburger is made up of 6-9 different things in the 1st place............
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    That's a little disturbing, but I would still eat Mc D's :)

Yep, me too.
    It's usually a once or twice a year thing for me.
  • marleebaby
    Options

1st of all, a hamburger is made up of 6-9 different things in the 1st place............

6-9 is not 15-32.