..SORRY(not accepting friend request at this time :/ ) ...W

Options
misstasharenee
misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
Okay ... First off no shade thrown(no disrespect) to anyone that has this message on their profiles because everyone has their own reasons for this also their own right to privacy!!! ..With that said!

I was of course browsing through topics and came across a person and their view on something and thought ..wow this would be a interesting and encouraging person to get to know and get advice from. Well the first thing I seen was the NOT ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUEST sign!!! In my head the first things were said were "Um wtf!! ...Do people really do this?? ...Is there some kind of don't touch celebrities section in MFP I wasn't aware of?? ...Is there an audition policy going on here??:huh: " ... Needless to say I was taken aback by this:grumble: lol.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    might be because you left the water running in your sink....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options

Bah ha. I'm sure your cutie little daughter would be THRILLED that she is on the toilet on the interwebz.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't accept anybody that waste water...sorry:ohwell:
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have seen this on profiles before. I just take it to mean they want a small, close-knit group of friends. Some people wan't to give a lot of support to their friends and that's hard to do if you have too many.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It means "Don't get your panties in a wad when I don't accept your friend request."
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't accept anybody that waste water...sorry:ohwell:

OMG!!! Everyone is so funny!!! I have gotten my laughs for the day! :)
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Some people want their "friend list" very small (myself included) so they can actually support and encourage the people they interact with.

FOR ME - I can't imagine trying to keep up with 50+ people and genuinely taking an interest in all of their diaries, activities, successes and struggles. The people I have as friends are usually around the same age, weight or we share a common interest that is important to us - Like minded people.

Good luck with your journey.

:flowerforyou:
  • misstasharenee
    Options
    LOL ...Actually I was filling up the stink so I don't waste the water when I wash my hand, which I do everyday so ha!
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I haven't friend requested anyone I don't already know and therefor haven't run into this. I can only guess that they prefer to stay friends with people they already know. I know I have debated on this. Do I really want strangers to see what I share on here. I share personal info - including talking about my kids. But I, for now, am accepting new friends.... I think. LOL!!

However, when I receive friend requests from other people I always wonder why they want to be my friend. What did I write that they decided to send me a friend request??
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Bah ha. I'm sure your cutie little daughter would be THRILLED that she is on the toilet on the interwebz.

Just wait until her graduation ! LOL
  • Scott613
    Options
    LOL ...Actually I was filling up the stink so I don't waste the water when I wash my hand, which I do everyday so ha!
    I use hand sanitizer.....no water........BAM come at me bro:glasses:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqh1nqNLFn1r25scio1_500.jpg
  • killagb
    Options
  • misstasharenee
    Options

You win :grumble:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Actually I was filling up the stink...
    Nobody fills up the stink like me! :laugh:

Don't worry, Princess. Not everyone that declines friend requests is an ogre, nor are they all green with envy, nor are they looking for true love's kiss from every other member.

Some of us prefer to have limited friends lists for myriad reason.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

You when :grumble:
    Just now, i think . :wink:
  • Scott613
    Options

You when :grumble:
    Usually when I walk by the hand sanitizer I use it.
  • killagb
    Options
    Many of us do enjoy a lot of friends.

shrek_babies2.jpg
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Well, I get a *ton* of friend requests and I really, really, really would love to add every single person, but the truth is, I can't interact with 500 people on a daily or even weekly basis. The people who are actually on my list are people who post on my wall or who I interact with in some other way very regularly, or else they are MFPals I have had since I started on here.
    This is why I have a note on my profile saying that I am not accepting friend requests BUT that I always reply to messages and people can send me a message if they would like some specific advice, encouragement, support, or want to ask me a question.

This works better than adding them as a friend because, although I spend quite a bit of time on MFP, it is in little bursts throughout the day so I rarely have time to scroll through all of the posts on my news feed. If there is a message waiting for me, I can open it and respond to it when I am able to and can actually provide some thoughtful feedback instead of a quick "YAY!" or "That's too bad" or "just try harder tomorrow."

When I get friend requests, I usually send them a message and let them know that I'm available to reply to messages, give them the link to my blog, and give them some ideas/advice/principles that I have found work for me.