Am I the only one who feels the "let's rate eachother" compl

Options
I am sure I will get some "oh, you're insecure" and "oh, you don't have to read the thread if you don't want to" and "oh, you can't speel" comments, which is why I am going to post and abandon...but here goes:
I joined this site because I wanted to access the support of some good friends and share my struggle. I acknowledge that everyone has different struggles and can and should make use of this site as they see fit, but here's the thing:
Whether fat or thin; sculpting or losing or whatever you are here to try and accomplish, I believe we all suffer from some insecurities. I am sure many of us have felt or have been told that we simply are not good enough, not worthy enough, because of the way we look. I know I struggle with this all the time.
Recently I have started to see these "rate the person above you" or "I think all women should look like this" posts and they make me sad. They make me sad that insecure people are looking for validation from other insecure people. Sure, you can say I am insecure (I did not participate, and yes. I m insecure, but that is far from the point), but why the hell would you even post this? What are you trying to prove? That your worth is only determined on the basis of a number (your weight or what other people say about you)? Are you more or less worthy because someone you don't know says you are a specific number? Or do you suck because you don't look like what some stranger told you you should?!
Don't you think it's time to work on determining your own worth internally before you even dare to perpetuate this obsession with a super subjective physical perception of beauty? God, I do.
For what it's worth, I rate you all tens, even the jerks who are going to tell me how stupid my post is.
I wish you good health and the satisfaction of feeling right inside as well as out and telling those who wish to categorize you to totally eff off :)

Replies

• Leesseebee
    Options
    The title was supposed to read ...completely misses the point?!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I give you a 10!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for someone to rate me a 10!!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    nice shirt
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nice tie, man.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

So, how YOU doin'??..... *wink wink*
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen this...

But I wouldn't participate. It sounds dumb!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I rate you as an 11. :smile:
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Im guilty of being in that thread ALOT but I need some one to tell me I'm pretty! Even if its a lie...its the only one I get and it pushes me...being told your a n 8and or 9 by someone who doesnt have to say that pushes me to be a 10.... wrong maybe...but if it pushes me then I'll take ot :)... you are a 10smokin darlin!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen this...

But I wouldn't participate. It sounds dumb!

you just did! :laugh:
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm a touch baffled by the extreme popularity of those threads, too, but not for those reasons. Everyone seems to get between 8.5 & 10. What fun/information/validation/security/insecurity does that provide?

I'm not offended by it, I'm more curious.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You get a 10 great smile even though your face isn't in the picture, I know youre smile and beauty is a 10!!!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    sunkisses

ETA The direction this thread took pleases me greatly
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    it really matter about how you feel about your self someone one can rate me a 8 and ill still be like **** i am a 10. lol but hey thats me i dont think you should really take it to the heart you know as long as you are happy with your self thats all that matters.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The rate one seems pretty pointless to me since most people aren't honest IMO

But I do love the ones that say: "compliment the person above you" Since those are very positive :D
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i wanna wrestle you
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I just don't post on those threads. I'm too scared. :laugh:
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I give you a 10!