Am I the only one who feels the "let's rate eachother" compl

Options

Replies

• Im guilty of being in that thread ALOT but I need some one to tell me I'm pretty! Even if its a lie...its the only one I get and it pushes me...being told your a n 8and or 9 by someone who doesnt have to say that pushes me to be a 10.... wrong maybe...but if it pushes me then I'll take ot :)... you are a 10smokin darlin!

your actually really pretty but I totally get that, it reminds me of when Im running, If im running hard its nice to be noticed by people and it drives you to run faster, its a simular type of responce to the people who did the rating, in my strange opinion anyhow lol
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Can my snufflin' get me an extra point?
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for someone to rate me a 10!!!

You were totally a 10...then you accepted an FR from that RoJ chick and she ugged up your whole page. Hopefully you'll get some new friends on there and knock her back to page 2. :laugh: :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for someone to rate me a 10!!!

You were totally a 10...then you accepted an FR from that RoJ chick and she ugged up your whole page. Hopefully you'll get some new friends on there and knock her back to page 2. :laugh: :wink:

That RoJ chick has done nothing but bring excellence to my page!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I am sure I will get some "oh, you're insecure" and "oh, you don't have to read the thread if you don't want to" and "oh, you can't speel" comments, which is why I am going to post and abandon...but here goes:
    I joined this site because I wanted to access the support of some good friends and share my struggle. I acknowledge that everyone has different struggles and can and should make use of this site as they see fit, but here's the thing:
    Whether fat or thin; sculpting or losing or whatever you are here to try and accomplish, I believe we all suffer from some insecurities. I am sure many of us have felt or have been told that we simply are not good enough, not worthy enough, because of the way we look. I know I struggle with this all the time.
    Recently I have started to see these "rate the person above you" or "I think all women should look like this" posts and they make me sad. They make me sad that insecure people are looking for validation from other insecure people. Sure, you can say I am insecure (I did not participate, and yes. I m insecure, but that is far from the point), but why the hell would you even post this? What are you trying to prove? That your worth is only determined on the basis of a number (your weight or what other people say about you)? Are you more or less worthy because someone you don't know says you are a specific number? Or do you suck because you don't look like what some stranger told you you should?!
    Don't you think it's time to work on determining your own worth internally before you even dare to perpetuate this obsession with a super subjective physical perception of beauty? God, I do.
    For what it's worth, I rate you all tens, even the jerks who are going to tell me how stupid my post is.
    I wish you good health and the satisfaction of feeling right inside as well as out and telling those who wish to categorize you to totally eff off :)

There's a reason it's in the CHIT CHAT and FUN section - it's not meant to be taken seriously, just a bit of fun to lighten people's day.

I've never been in there as I'm here for weight loss support, but most forums have an Off-topic section, it's just meant to be harmless fun.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    it really matter about how you feel about your self someone one can rate me a 8 and ill still be like **** i am a 10. lol but hey thats me i dont think you should really take it to the heart you know as long as you are happy with your self thats all that matters.

^THIS
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'd like a 10 please...because I am very insecure and I only want it from someone as insecure as me please :D
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'd like a 10 please...because I am very insecure and I only want it from someone as insecure as me please :D

Feel better?
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Your post is stupid.

Just kidding, good points. I haven't ventured into that thread, mostly because I know what I look like. (I'm pretty, in case anyone was wondering. :smokin: ) It definitely has the potential to be insecurity fodder (and/or a temporary insecurity band-aid). I hope anyone vulnerable to those insecurities stays away.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    I played the "rate" game and it was pretty fun. I think it was exactly what it was, just a game. I can understand how it could be upsetting but anything that keeps me from thinking about food is a winner. And yes, even your post is a winner because at first I wanted to eat yogurt, lol. I think every post is not for everybody. I loved the game.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Feel better?

Oh yea !!!

Gracias
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nice tie, man.

you when!
  • bexkee
    bexkee Posts: 20
    Options
    I saw one of those threads for the first time a few days ago and considered it quite odd. Certainly not something I'd ever consider doing.
    It's never healthy to start comparing yourself to others which I'm sure many in those threads would be doing.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i need someone to stroke my

ego
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nice tie, man.
    you when!
    It's knot about who whens or looses.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I went on there got a 7 or whatever the lowest score people where giving out was and used it as an excuse to mope and eat chocolate. I knew I shouldn't have gone on it as I know what I look like but I kind of like to torture myself
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I joined in one of those threads once. I swore never again. I was rated as a -10,000 smiley-sad030.gif
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Can my snufflin' get me an extra point?

definitely. 11.

hawt.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    ooh la la sharesb gets a solid 11 :blushing: :blushing: :love:
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you know it would be more aggravating if people were honest and since there not why be aggravated its kinda nice to have people lie straight to your face(keyboard) :laugh: