..SORRY(not accepting friend request at this time :/ ) ...W

Options

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I can be noncommittal and not supportive to many many people at once. In fact, the more the merrier.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I have that on my profile actually. Only because I get a lot of friend requests and can't keep up with all my friends D: If they include a message i usually will, but a lot of people add then never talk to me so it just makes it easier
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE that stupid clause too. irks the h*** out of me!
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can understand it. I am hesitant to have too many friends because this weight loss thing has to be about me doing something for myself. A lot of people like having a group to encourage them and sort of prod them along, but I don't work that way. If I start feeling like I have to impress someone else or meet someone else's standards, I get rebellious and tend to self-sabotage. So I have to be careful about that.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    might be because you left the water running in your sink....
    Yeah I don't accept anybody that waste water...sorry:ohwell:

I'm good at conserving water.. come shower with me.. :smooched:
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have that on my profile actually. Only because I get a lot of friend requests and can't keep up with all my friends D: If they include a message i usually will, but a lot of people add then never talk to me so it just makes it easier

you have 213 friends. how many do you really interact with?

at least your message doesn't say "i like to keep my friends list small so i can stay in touch with everyone and support them"
    i saw that the other day and laughed. the girl had around 270 'friends'

to each their own i guess....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE that stupid clause too. irks the h*** out of me!
    Sorry, I'm not accepting requests at this time.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I haven't friend requested anyone I don't already know and therefor haven't run into this. I can only guess that they prefer to stay friends with people they already know. I know I have debated on this. Do I really want strangers to see what I share on here. I share personal info - including talking about my kids. But I, for now, am accepting new friends.... I think. LOL!!

However, when I receive friend requests from other people I always wonder why they want to be my friend. What did I write that they decided to send me a friend request??

I usually send a message saying why I want to be friends. For me it is so much easier sharing personal info, on here rather then FB. I would never admit how heavy I am to my friends. There is anonymity here as we really don't know each other on a personal level meaning we don't socialize or live in the same town, etc.
    Options

you have 213 friends. how many do you really interact with?

at least your message doesn't say "i like to keep my friends list small so i can stay in touch with everyone and support them"
    i saw that the other day and laughed. the girl had around 270 'friends'

to each their own i guess....

You would be surprised how many of them I actually talk to quite often. I end up getting a bunch of new friends, but give them time to see how many I will keep. I cut my list down to 170 once and got messages from people noticing i deleted them.

I dunno if I could keep up with my small list of 270 if I had that many tho! xD
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sure, some are just very selective in who they want in their circle.

It's no biggie.I sent you a request, and whatever I can do to support you, just ask.
    Maybe we can help each other.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    My question is: Why is it such a big deal that someone isn't accepting friend requests?
    Find someone else to friend. It's that simple.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqh1nqNLFn1r25scio1_500.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I just made this my computer wallpaper. Hope you don't mind
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ok i think almost everyone missed the end of his statement i believe they were asking why and how does this make others feel?

Frankly i think it is kinda weird cause aren't we here for the support and motivation from others to make our journey more enjoyable? I know that's why i joined.

But with that said i learned today there are people i would never want on my page because of how judgmental and hateful they are so i think for me i wont ask for friends nor will i accept people who aren't supportive or who aren't on the path that i am!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    We are all here to support but after you get so many friends its kind of hard to REALLY support tons of pals...Therefore when your friend list gets to heavy...It's unfortunate but no more request...Only fair to the pals you have that if they are supporting you then in turn you should do the same...I have posted that several times when I am flooded..but once weeding out out the not so serious I can take on more if I want...

Really if people are not accepting friend request at this time...it shouldnt be a big deal we just move on...
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    "Um wtf!! ...Do people really do this??
    Yes
    ...Is there some kind of don't touch celebrities section in MFP I wasn't aware of?? ...Is there an audition policy going on here??:huh: "

No, some people just don't add people they don't know in real life. Or don't want to add a bunch of people they hardly know. It doesn't mean they aren't willing to answer questions or reply to messages. They just don't add friends.
    My question is has anyone else experienced this?

Yea, I've seen it on other people's profiles. It doesn't bother me, however. I am also one of those people that doesn't add people they hardly know.
    Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?

No, but i haven't bothered putting a sign up. I think my profile is set to private anyhow.
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My question is: Why is it such a big deal that someone isn't accepting friend requests?
    Find someone else to friend. It's that simple.

Um did you not read the questions I asked? No one is upset, down, depressed or angry about the person not accepting a friend request. I said (A) have anyone else seen this sign? and (B) has anyone had this sign up and a person were you questioned about it?
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    "Um wtf!! ...Do people really do this??
    Yes
    ...Is there some kind of don't touch celebrities section in MFP I wasn't aware of?? ...Is there an audition policy going on here??:huh: "

No, some people just don't add people they don't know in real life. Or don't want to add a bunch of people they hardly know. It doesn't mean they aren't willing to answer questions or reply to messages. They just don't add friends.
    My question is has anyone else experienced this?

Yea, I've seen it on other people's profiles. It doesn't bother me, however. I am also one of those people that doesn't add people they hardly know.
    Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?

No, but i haven't bothered putting a sign up. I think my profile is set to private anyhow.

Thank you for actually reading what I wrote and then giving answers!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Ok i think almost everyone missed the end of his statement i believe they were asking why and how does this make others feel?
    Plenty of us expressed why we limit out friends lists.
    Frankly i think it is kinda weird cause aren't we here for the support and motivation from others to make our journey more enjoyable? I know that's why i joined.
    So, should we have to add anyone? Aren't we all free to choose who we would like to have along with us on our fitness Steve Perry?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Options

But with that said i learned today there are people i would never want on my page because of how judgmental and hateful they are so i think for me i wont ask for friends nor will i accept people who aren't supportive or who aren't on the path that i am!

Try supporting 200 friends in a day -- not as much fun as a smaller group. You get to know people better that way