Those of you who have been successful .. question!

Options
2»

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Between losing weight and working out and getting in shape, I have a TON more energy than I did even a year ago.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ive Lost 79 lbs and I've never gotten more energy. I sleep 10 Hours every night and any less I'm grumpy,
    I walk back and forth from work and go for a extra walk when I have time but I'm always Beat by the end of the day
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're eating back all of your exercise calories if you're working out -- the times when I've felt exhausted were the times when I intensified my workout and then a few days later, crashed. Usually I just needed to up my calories more consistently to fuel what I was doing.

The lighter you get, and the more you are able to do in your workouts, the more fuel you'll need. Just make sure you'd don't starve those muscles.

Good luck!

I agree with Tina! Plus, after my body got used to what I was requiring of it, I felt like I had a lot more energy. It was amazing. Exercise was something that I looked forward to (and still do.....so much so that if I'm not able to do my workout, I truly miss it!). Hang in there and keep up the good work. Being a mom of young children is tiring, but they need a healthy mommy and you need a healthy YOU! Fuel that body and you'll be amazed at how good you feel =)
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I recommend some B-complex vitamins, a really high quality protein shake with lots of BCAAs, and hiring an au pair.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot to lose, and wouldn't have said my energy was low. However, when I started working out and REALLY exercising I discovered a hidden wealth of energy. I think eating better also helped my energy level....I'm giving my body better fuel so its running better :)
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    Think about it -- if you're big like me - your body burns a lot of energy just trying to carry all that weight so when you drop weight you gain more energy since it's taking less energy to move about and do simple things! :)
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Important things to know about losing weight and exercising

#1 - Diet. It's 90%
    #2 - If you're exercising, sleep is so damn important.
    #3 - Going to the gym means nothing. It's what you do at the gym that counts.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    That would be the first thing I tell people - I have so much more energy - being smaller, and fitting into regular size clothes are nice - but the biggest bonus for me (and the one I did not actually expect) is how much more energy I have!!

I used to have massive issues with sleep - now I put my head down and I am away with the fairies - and I wake up at around 6:30 am - and I am awake - can't even think of sleeping in anymore - which I easily did till 10 - 11am on the weekends....

My friends call me the enerizer bunny - even now with a knee injury and on crutches I just have to keep moving, and still make sure that I go for at least a 45 minute walk a day...
  • reeshacurtis
    reeshacurtis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Remember- "There is a time and a season for all things in life". You have such a tiny little baby...don't let this precious newborn phase escape you. You're bound to be exhausted right now! That's ok and perfectly normal. Get as much rest as you can and try not to stress about non-essential stuff around the house. The most important factor right now should be your diet. Eat veggies and fruits and plenty of lean protien: apples, oranges, bananas, whole grain bread, chicken, turkey, fish, lettuce, celery, carrots, squash, etc. Avoid junk food when possible. When you are able to sleep more than 4 hours at a time you'll notice your energy levels imporve as the weight comes off. But give your body a break! You can't work-out like crazy on very little sleep! Eat well and take your time losing the weight. Trust me, as a mom of three little ones, I've been down this road. Good luck!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    My experience is a little different than the others here... I feel about the same as before the weight loss. Yes, I can do much more physical stuff (Much, much more - today, I will have ridden an hour and a half by bike and played an hour and a half of intense racquetball - before the weight loss, I could do about 10 mins or racquetball before I was a puddle of wheezing sweat)... but I don't perceive an increase in "energy", as I'm not more "peppy" than before - nor no less, either.
  • gerrie1957
    Options
    May be you should have your B12 checked .Do you eat alot of sugar?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    in my best dave hester voice

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but did losing weight give you more energy? I feel constantly tired. Granted, I have a 1 month old and a 22 month old, plus I am the editor of a magazine, so I am constantly working late nights; however, I am hoping after dropping the weight I want to lose, I will have more energy.
    MUCH MORE ENERGY!

Yes, and I love it.
    Carrying around all that fat was draining, and I knew not.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My first two children were 21 months apart also -- I was SO exhausted that first year -- and I didn't have a job to worry about also. I've had a lot more energy -- maybe the exercise, as much as the weight loss. And a full night's sleep every night! Stick to your goals, it will get better!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    On a day when I've gotten a normal night's sleep the night before, my energy level is about the same as it was before I lost weight. Where I notice a difference is on the rare night when I get only 3 or 4 hours sleep. I seem to function better the next day than I did before when I was heavier.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but did losing weight give you more energy? I feel constantly tired. Granted, I have a 1 month old and a 22 month old, plus I am the editor of a magazine, so I am constantly working late nights; however, I am hoping after dropping the weight I want to lose, I will have more energy.

Gallons more energy AND the ability to do things with it. I'm still well-shy of my goal, but I can walk for miles now, did a little hiking last weekend, can spend 6+ hours on my feet when, just a year ago, I needed a wheelchair for museums and my idea of a hike was the agnonizing, breathless shamble from the apartment door to the car.

Kris
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes after getting used to my exercise routine! If you aren't sleeping enough though your weightloss will come more slowly. Your body needs that down time while excercising often. Also I added a good multivitamin as well as a B Complex and iron supplement. The B complex and iron made a huge difference in my energy levels!
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes, more energy for sure.

My guess is that the tiredness is due to lack of sleep, which is a common side effect of having young children. (One of the reasons I chose dogs. Less side effects. :-)

Sleep is extremely important for our overall health, and for weight loss as well. It is often too neglected by people in this go-go, always plugged in world. (He says over the interwebs. Irony not lost on me).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!