bump
  • jyls
    jyls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ocasais
    ocasais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of tofu but then again I have not had it in years! This looks really good so I'm going to give these noodles a try!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    This is a great tip! I love love love shirataki noodles, too. I have been using several paper towels to dry them, and then I microwave them. But I will definitely try this "dry fry" technique! I don't understand people who say they are disgusting.

I wanted to like them, I promise you. But the hard/rubbery texture and the smell of fisssshhhh emanating off them turned me off. :sick:
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oh thank you!!! Another alternative! usually I fix my pasta/italian cravings using spaghetti squash as the noodles, this looks way more like spaghetti :)
  • No1Halima
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try this...
  • allaboutfamily
    allaboutfamily Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    This is a great tip! I love love love shirataki noodles, too. I have been using several paper towels to dry them, and then I microwave them. But I will definitely try this "dry fry" technique! I don't understand people who say they are disgusting.

I wanted to like them, I promise you. But the hard/rubbery texture and the smell of fisssshhhh emanating off them turned me off. :sick:

You must must must dry fry the noodles if you want to be happy with them. It gets rid of whatever fishy smell remains after rinsing and improves the texture. Spray your pan with Pam and cook on high until they're bone dry.
  • wolffcm
    wolffcm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TerrificT
    TerrificT Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks love it
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have some of those noodles that have been sitting in my fridge, I've been too nervous to try them. I'm totally trying this for lunch. Never heard of the 'dry fry' thing before, going to give it a shot.
  • rachbry5
    rachbry5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

You must must must dry fry the noodles if you want to be happy with them. It gets rid of whatever fishy smell remains after rinsing and improves the texture. Spray your pan with Pam and cook on high until they're bone dry.

Never heard of the dry fry method. I've been a little afraid to try these. I've heard they are slimy and I HATE slimy. If they were dried out though they could be good. Do you rehydrate them before you use them?
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Never heard of the dry fry method. I've been a little afraid to try these. I've heard they are slimy and I HATE slimy. If they were dried out though they could be good. Do you rehydrate them before you use them?

No, I don't.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump