How did you and your partner meet?

Options

Replies

• grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    We met in an over 40 Chat room 14 1/2 years ago when his son was teaching him how to use AOL. The end of this month we will be married 13 years.

And everyone said it wouldn't last. ..we are closer now than we were back then.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on MySpace. Remember that? :) He was in a band and I was doing band reviews. He emailed me to tell me about a show. I went to the show on Friday the 13th. :) He barely said 3 words to me (not much of a talker - even now.) I was intrigued. :) I pursued, much to his relief (he's shy, too...) :) February 11, 2007 we became an "us." 10/10/09 we became Mr. and Mrs. :)
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    My husband and I are HS sweethearts. We started dating in January of our senior year and are still together 24 years later with two kids.
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 19. We actually met in a chat room we dated for 3 months, but then we went our separate ways, and remained friends. After 3 years we decided to give it a go. We have been married for 6 years. I still remember for Valentine's day when we were still dating that he wrote a beautiful poem and gave me 2 dozen roses! Ahh good times!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    My husband I met when we both worked in the cafeteria in college. He was a cook, I was a server and cashier. Struck up a friendship when we discovered we were from the same hometown - grew up 5 minutes from each other but never met until we went away to the same college. We met in 1986. We've been married for 22 1/2 years. :heart:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    We met in 7th grade.
    She was little Miss Goodie 2-shoes, and I was a gangster bad boy.
    One day we ran into each other at a party where she had a few sips of beer which lowered her inhibitions - hehe

Of course, I took full advantage!
    And she loved it!

We married as teens - just celebrated 28 years of marriage - 5 kids.
    And all is well!

Good girls love bad boys:drinker:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I met my SO on a dating site. I had a string of less-than-great matches and was about to close my profile and give it a break. The day before I planned to close it, he sent me a very nice email. After a week of talking online and on the phone, we decided to meet up. We had one of those amazing first dates where you just sit and talk and the hours fly by without your knowledge. So we met up the next night, and the night after that....and, well, you get the picture. We've been together almost a year and a half now! He is the love of my life. :heart: Truly.
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    He was the basketball coach and I was the cheerleading advisor. Back when schools could afford busses for teams AND fans, as well as cheerleaders, we chaperoned the bus together. After one tournament, due to poor weather conditions we left before the last game, and we got back WAY early. We had to hang around until the kids were all picked up. So we got out the basketballs and let the kids shoot around. We got into a free throw contest. He had to shoot with his eyes closed and I had to shoot with my glasses off. (I have double vision.) Winner picked the place and loser paid. Well, I won by one shot - not sure if he rigged it or not. Our first date was Saturday, February 15, 1981 - the weekend of Valentine's Day. We had a nice meal at a small Mom and Pop place. Within a year we were married in a horrid blizzard, January 23, 1982, but my students came and sang at the wedding!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    George (my current husband), got wind that my first husband admitted to cheating on me and was leaving me for another woman. Mind you, I was married to the military - his commanding officer was really angry because of 'how' my first husband was found... The troop pitched in together some money for my daughter and I for Christmas (I found out about the cheating one week before Thanksgiving weekend, UGH!) and wished us the very best... (The Army will always have my heart, they were good to me!)

Well, Saturday rolls around after Thanksgiving and I get a knock at the door. George is standing there, dressed nice and clean - you could smell the soap he used (Irish Spring), hehehe... He had a bouquet of peach colored roses in one hand, and in his other hand, his younger sister was with him to play with my daughter while George and I talked...

It was such a wonderful surprise... no one, NOT EVEN MY HUSBAND has ever given me roses before... I was at a loss for words...

George accepted my daughter as his own with no question. He was wonderful with her and was there for her at my side...

We were together for 10 years through thick and thin, we were married May 23, 2009 and are still in love with each other to this day..
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We met at work.... he was dating a little red haired girl... but...... not for long! :laugh:
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In law school at University attengind a party. He was done law school doing superior studies so he becomes a civil notary, wich he did, and I was in 1st year of law school. I was 19, he was 22. I'm now done law school, taking the Quebec province bar and its gonna be 3 years in March!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I moved into a condo with my mother and was a freshman in college. Had just moved from Mass. I went to a neighbor's house and there he was. Apparently he had seen me walking my dog around (or she would walk me!) and he always wanted to say hello. So now we had the chance. There was a football game on and he was impressed that I knew football and in fact loved football.

We hung out a few times from there and the rest is history!

We got married 6 yrs ago today! Had a beautiful wedding and while things haven't always been easy for us, more like an uphill battle, we've held on. 6 yrs and counting....
  • zaaden
    zaaden Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We met in class at uni in our first year and that was nearly 22 years ago now. Been together ever since apart from a few months here and there early on. Married for 11 years this year with 2 children. You know that expression, Soul Mates. Yes that! :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    His sister was my best friend. I had met him once and thought he was cute, but he had a girlfriend. He was much older and already moved out, so I didn't see him for like 6 years after that. He moved back home after he broke up with that girl and I was home from college visisting my friend. We all went out for drinks and the rest is history.

We went on out first date Jan 7 and were married April 30 (same year) and have been very happy almost 18 years now.
  • CharmCityBella
    CharmCityBella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the first person I met on match.com. I knew he was perfect the moment we met and that was 3 years ago. I've never been happier!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    George (my current husband), got wind that my first husband admitted to cheating on me and was leaving me for another woman. Mind you, I was married to the military - his commanding officer was really angry because of 'how' my first husband was found... The troop pitched in together some money for my daughter and I for Christmas (I found out about the cheating one week before Thanksgiving weekend, UGH!) and wished us the very best... (The Army will always have my heart, they were good to me!)

Well, Saturday rolls around after Thanksgiving and I get a knock at the door. George is standing there, dressed nice and clean - you could smell the soap he used (Irish Spring), hehehe... He had a bouquet of peach colored roses in one hand, and in his other hand, his younger sister was with him to play with my daughter while George and I talked...

It was such a wonderful surprise... no one, NOT EVEN MY HUSBAND has ever given me roses before... I was at a loss for words...

George accepted my daughter as his own with no question. He was wonderful with her and was there for her at my side...

We were together for 10 years through thick and thin, we were married May 23, 2009 and are still in love with each other to this day..

Your story made me smile. :smile:
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    my husband and i met at a party 30 years ago.:love:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I moved into a condo with my mother and was a freshman in college. Had just moved from Mass. I went to a neighbor's house and there he was. Apparently he had seen me walking my dog around (or she would walk me!) and he always wanted to say hello. So now we had the chance. There was a football game on and he was impressed that I knew football and in fact loved football.

We hung out a few times from there and the rest is history!

We got married 6 yrs ago today! Had a beautiful wedding and while things haven't always been easy for us, more like an uphill battle, we've held on. 6 yrs and counting....

Happy Anniversary, Jessica!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Online. WoW. True story.

Me too!!

Same here!

I spammed my guild recruit macro in Trade. LFM 70s for Kara raiding guild! He joined. We didn't really talk much. He ended up leaving and joining another guild. A few months later, my guild imploded, so I moved on to a higher progressed guild. Ended up being the same guild as him. We grouped up together everyday for the dailies on the Isle and at Skettis. After like 2 weeks of doing dailies, we just naturally started talking less about WoW and more about our lives. Vent finally lead to phone calls. After about a year of talking on the phone, on vent, and in-game, I decided to drive the 700 miles to see him. We dated for about a year after that, both of us making frequent trips. I moved in with him July 4, 2010.

We've been together for like 4 years now. He's more than I could have ever asked for.
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    A girlfriend and I were pretty sloppy drunk at a bar celebrating our acceptances to law school. He introduced himself on the dance floor and ended up taking me to some late-night Denny's -- I spent the night with him (kept it PG13 though). I had to leave the next day on a family vacation and while I was gone, he had to move suddenly for work. We were both dating other people at the time :/ but not for long! We texted for 6 months, and then I traveled across the country to spend some time with him and see if there was something to the connection we felt that night, or if I was just drunk. We fell in love, dated long distance for about a year -- both of us flying back and forth from Florida to Indiana probably once a month, and it got really expensive. He moved back to Indiana and in with me in January 2011 and proposed in November. We are getting married May 6, 2012 (the day after I graduate from law school) and moving together back to Florida!